Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Really VT?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Best to let Mark post one of the school's Chi Sao clips to see that there is familiar ground.
    Will do soon. Already have a short clip. Just waiting for a translation and if it does not get here by early next week, I will post it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    no centerline = no wing chun.
    I agree,but sometimes you loose centerline and you have to use something else.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by markfreedom View Post
    Yes, this is Ving Tsun. I know that because it is my video. This is one variation of what has become known as "Mainland Style" WC/VT.

I was a partner in the school until my health went bad and I had to return to the states.

More info will be available as I have returned to my channel with a video blog and will soon be posting more videos of my old school.
    Very nice clip. Thanks for posting it on youtube.

They are not Chi Sao. They are training. The first trains your body and lower back to duck. That one saved several of my teeth once. The second one is for lower arm control.
    Nice video and good to hear from someone who can explain what the guys were doing because it seems that if you don't do the standard rolling of Ip Mans HK Wing Chun too many people jump around and throw their toys out their prams!

Interactive training was key to my training too and this is how I view your clip. There are so many ways to interact its mind blowing and as long as YOU know what the purpose is and it benefits your health and understanding of the Chun then all power to you dude. Let the Chisau addicts carry on with their own dream.

Look forward to seeing more from you here
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Guangzhou WCK

Back in 2011 or maybe it was 2012, I stopped by a random WCK school in Guangzhou. The WCK they practiced I think would be unrecognizable by many of the Yip Man WCK aficionados (which includes myself). I have had the opportunity to visit / see a few different flavors of WCK, but they have all been recognizable. What I saw at the school in Guangzhou was very unfamiliar. Always interesting to see different WCK flavors that are out there.

Was the WCK I saw similar to what was in that video? Not sure, but I'm not surprised that it is dissimilar to what I am used to.

Rindge

Same School, New Video

Posted a new video of some clips from my old school in Guangzhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_955yVLk85k

Hope you like it

Quote Originally Posted by rindge View Post
    Back in 2011 or maybe it was 2012, I stopped by a random WCK school in Guangzhou. The WCK they practiced I think would be unrecognizable by many of the Yip Man WCK aficionados (which includes myself). I have had the opportunity to visit / see a few different flavors of WCK, but they have all been recognizable. What I saw at the school in Guangzhou was very unfamiliar. Always interesting to see different WCK flavors that are out there.

Was the WCK I saw similar to what was in that video? Not sure, but I'm not surprised that it is dissimilar to what I am used to.

Rindge
    Don't know as there are many different styles in the Mainland. In the GZ-Foshan area you find many similarities. And then some styles are completely different.

Wing Chun is adaptive and in the Mainland, a lot of people have really taken that concept to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQ0j53-0zE
    Is this really VT? It seems more like I Kuen....or something.Weird
    Yes this original wing chun from the mainland...they look very different than most yip man lineage...Yip man modified the Wing Chun he learned for certain reasons...

The style of Wing Chun I practice is very similiar to this! We have some of the same drills...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Don't know as there are many different styles in the Mainland. In the GZ-Foshan area you find many similarities. And then some styles are completely different.

Wing Chun is adaptive and in the Mainland, a lot of people have really taken that concept to heart.
    A while ago there were more training videos...do you still have them?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Yes that's real Wing Chun. In fact Kulo Pin Sun (another "Mainland" style) has some similar drills. Note that there are many various two man sets and "chi sao" like drills; some are more "wristy" and/or have more turning and "looser" as someone termed it, and some that hold the centerline and use more "elbow" and might be more familiar to Ip Man lineage, at least in Kulo and I'd suspect in this Guangzhou style as it looks similar.