Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanda/Sanshou

Guru,

could you send me the sanshou rules that you have?

it doesn´t matter if you have the old ones....

thank you, brother!

This seems accurate. Got it from Sanshou.com. What you will mostly see in the US is in a ring now so push outs are moot. Also you may or may not have stop time.

(clip)
    The rules may vary from tournament to tournament, but these are the basic guidelines:

Scoring

The Fight is Awarded if:
    1.The opponent is knocked out or incapacitated.

The Round is Awarded if:
    1.The opponent is forced off the platform twice.

Three Points are Awarded if:
    1.The opponent is forced off the platform;
    2.The opponent is knocked down by backward or forward sweep while competitor remains standing (hands are allowed to touch the ground on the backward sweep but not the forward sweep);
    3.The opponent is knocked down by use of a hooked leg kick while competitor remains standing;
    4.The opponent is forced to fall by the competitor’s techniques, including the competitors deliberately falling while dodging defensively.

Two Points are Awarded if:
    1.The opponent falls while the competitor remains standing;
    2.The competitor hits the opponent in the trunk once with the legs;
    3.The opponent receives an official warning penalty.

One Point is Awarded if:
    1.The competitor hits the opponent once on a valid part with a hand technique;
    2.The competitor hits the opponent once on a valid part with a leg technique;
    3.The opponent receives a caution once;
    4.Both opponents apply methods to force the other down, and both fall, the one who falls last receives the point;
    5.Both competitors remain passive for eight seconds, the opponent is ordered to attack by the referee, and the opponent remains passive for another eight seconds.

No Point is Awarded if:
    1.Both competitors hit each other on valid parts at the same time successively;
    2.Both competitors fall down or off the platform at the same time or successively;
    3.The competitor throws the opponent to the ground or off the platform after holding for two seconds or more;
    4.One opponent uses a falling technique to attack and does not succeed;
    5.One opponent uses a flying offensive technique with a deliberately falling technique, the latter will not score a point;
    6.The competitor kicks the lower leg when the opponent defends by raising knee;
    7.Unclear techniques are used and no obvious hits to valid parts are scored;
    8.The opponent is hit by fists during a double-holding;
    9.No one scores when one competitor back or forward sweeps the other competitor’s valid part while under the other’s body (The opponent was forced or fell to the ground under the competitor while trying to kick or sweep the competitor).

Fouls and Penalties

Technical Fouls:
    1.Deliberate delay of match after the referee has signaled the start or one competitor starts after five-second delay;
    2.Time-out requested when in a disadvantageous position;
    3.Shouting and advice-giving from coach or doctor from outside the platform during a fight;
    4.Ungentlemanly behavior to the referee/judge or flouting of officiated decisions;
    5.Shouting loudly and impolitely during a fight to frighten or disturb one’s opponent;
    6.Purposely loosening protective gear or spitting out mouthpiece during a fight.

Personal Fouls:
    1.Attacking the opponent before the judge gives the start signal, or after he gives the stop signal;
    2.Using prohibited techniques, including:
    A.Stikes to the back of the head, neck, throat, or crotch;
    B.Elbow or knee strikes;
    C.Striking opponent’s head continuously to deliberately injure opponent;
    D.Use of excessive force to cause opponents to fall head over heels off the platform;
    E.Attacking a fallen opponent (except when an opponent falls deliberately as combat technique).

Penalties:
    1.A caution will be given for a technical or personal foul; but a warning will be given for an obvious personal foul;
    2.A competitor penalized up to six points will be disqualified and the opponent will be declared the winner;
    3.A competitor who intentionally hurts his opponent or commits a serious foul will be disqualified from the fight and if deemed appropriate, from the entire competition;
    4.A competitor found guilty of trickery will be disqualified from the entire competition.

Suspension of Match
    The referee will suspend a match in any of the following cases:
    1.A competitor has fallen down or off the ring;
    2.A competitor is penalized for a second foul;
    3.A competitor is injured;
    4.The competitors are locked for more than two seconds;
    5.Both competitors refrain from attacking, or one remains passive for more than eight seconds;
    6.The discretion of the referee;
    7.The referee or other judges spot danger in a match or in objective factors such as lighting or other malfunctions of facilities.

Weight Classes
    1. Under 52 kg = Under 115 lbs
    2. 52 kg - 56 kg = 115 lbs - 123 lbs
    3. 56 kg - 60 kg = 124 lbs. - 132 lbs.
    4. 60 kg - 65 kg = 133 lbs. - 143 lbs.
    5. 65 kg - 70 kg = 144 lbs. - 154 lbs.
    6. 70 kg - 75 kg = 155 lbs. - 165 lbs.
    7. 75 kg - 80 kg = 165 lbs. - 176 lbs.
    8. 80 kg - 85 kg = 177 lbs. - 187 lbs.
    9. 85 kg - 90 kg = 188 lbs. - 198 lbs.
    10. Over 90 kg = Over 199 lbs.

Based on the number of competitors per weight category, an officials conference may be called to combine some of the weight categories.

Equipment/Personnel Supplied by the promoter:
    Doctor
    Referee and judges
    Corner stool, bucket, and water
    Boxing gloves
    Head Gear
    Shirts to fight in
    (Competitors are urged to bring their own 14oz gloves and head gear, however these will be subject to inspection)

Supplied by the fighter:
    Cornerman/Second
    Hand wraps and tape
    Towel
    Mouthpiece, cup
    Vaseline (optional)
    Approved blood clotting and inhalant medicine (optional)
    Trunks to fight in (no pants, as in international competitions)
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

3.The opponent is knocked down by use of a hooked leg kick while competitor remains standing;
    Whats dats mean?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Basically a spinning kick.
    "Information is power"

Are you awarded points for striking the forearms, either in a guard position or striking someone incoming blow from below?

I would think it makes sense since guys are awarded points for kicking the outside of the leg. So why not for striking the arms.

No points for hitting the arms only the head and trunk. Points for the leg if the person being hit makes no effort to dodge of block the kick.
    "Information is power"

Thanks for all the info, SSGuru!!

three major changes

1. continuous head punching

2. no shin guards

3. no more 3 piont techniques...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Post new sanshou rules

Anyone has an opinion on the new international sanshou rules? Does having no shinpads change the game? A punch or a combo is now worth 1 point too.

Also the fact that clean throws are now only 2 points no matter how you throw? Does that make kicks more whippy like TKD, so that we don't get caught? For example, previously if I kick my opponent in the ribs, I score 2 points, he grabs my leg and does a foot sweep, but falls on 1 leg, gets 2 points for an unclean throw, if not he would have gotten 3 points for a clean throw

Now under the new ruling, if you have a clean, its 2 points and if it is unclean, it is 1 point. And if he kicks you first and you throw him clean, no points are given to both. I was running these rules in my head and I would guess throwing kicks would make more sense now than to throw to score enough points and whippy kicks at that, to make sure I don't get caught.

I can agree with th first 2 rules, since it will make people throw higher kicks than just punishing each other's legs and they have to check the health of their shins for future matches. The punching is also a good idea, since it makes people watch their punch techniques rather than slugging. But the throw ruling? Someone please share your opinion.

Those rules are not that new, the SAWF has been using those for a while now, and it works pretty well. Not having shin guards doesnt change the game at all, it change the training a bit.

You can still kick hard without being cought, but this is not really different to what it used to be. Regardless of the points, you simply DONT want your oponent to grab your legs. A throw after the leg grab should be the leats of your warries....
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

i've been doing san shou for quite a while

these rules aren't THAT new

OK, I must be living in the stone ages then. Thx for your input, my coach said the same thing too that it doesn't make a difference.

Like Eddy said, it changes the training a bit, and possibly the strategy of saving your shins early on if fighting multliple fights.
    Susie P. would have gone on to fight for Gold medal if her shins we'rent wrecked with contusions from winning up to that point so she had to drop out in 2nd place, of course Silver is still awesome accomplishment. And we temper too, apperently have to temper even more now and save your shins. No shin pads but still required to wear a chest shield, how lame is that though..

The thing I don't like about these rules is that they limit the natural flow of a fight.

Someone may not have conditioned their shins so well but maybe they are great at ground and pound. They throw someone only to be seperated, maybe take some heavy shin shots. Throw someone again, seperated again, more shin shots, etc., etc. etc.

A fighter that could have finished someone 20 seconds into the match is now hobling and hoping he's winning on points 2 minutes into a third round.

I understand it's the name of the game. But if the game is to truly evolve into what it wants to be -- a legitamate fighting format -- it has to find a way to compete with the excitement of MMA. As long as you seperate fighters who could still be fighting -- while wearing boxing gloves to boot -- it will always seem less than it could when compared to 4oz gloves and continious fighting.

From what I understand, most of the guys fighting in these circuits train all aspects anyway. Is it a legal issue that prevents San Da from allowing ground-n-pound, etc.?

if you want to ground and pound than join a mma gym and fight mma, sans hou sint trying to be anything goes, it only markets itself as the ultimate standup fighting competition. WHy dont you go to thailand and complain to them they dont allow ground fighting?