Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand your ground

I have a friend who I have known forever and who I consider (ed?) very close until yesterday when I heard his views on the Zimmerman case.... it is relevant because his position was what I would call "legaleeze".... based upon narrow definitions and/or interpretations of the law, and the outcome of the trial he argued that Zimmerman was "innocent"

The "stand your ground" law had NOTHIGN to do with the case or the outcome. Nor, I can safely say, did "common sense"... it was a purely legal manipulation type of thing... a sad statement on the court system if you ask me
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The truth is only two people know what really happened and only one of them is talking. The rest of us can only speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I forgot to add that there have been NO riots in the streets of NYC after the Zimmerman verdict. There have been peaceful demonstrations. I guess, to the xenophobic, this might be observed to be quite riotous.

And the demonstrations were constituted of a healthy cultural diversity of people. Maybe that is why it was kept local because it also showed people, who live in nice apartments, in nice areas, who were upset with the verdict.

mickey
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1sVZAviU3c

"The truth is only two people know what really happened and only one of them is talking. The rest of us can only speculate."

SavvySavage,

You have absolutely NO high ground to stand on after you initial post on this thread.

mickey

Response time

The responses time in Detroit by the police is nearly an hour.

You are on your own.

SavvySavage,

I saw your link. That was in Texas.

mickey

SavvySavage,

I saw your link. That was in Texas.

mickey
    You're going to cite geographic location to discredit the video? When I have more time ill try I find one in New York. Until then we know that not all the demonstrations have been peaceful.
    Last edited by SavvySavage; 07-27-2013 at 07:12 AM.

"The truth is only two people know what really happened and only one of them is talking. The rest of us can only speculate."

SavvySavage,

You have absolutely NO high ground to stand on after you initial post on this thread.

mickey
    Get off your high horse. My opinion is shared by many people in America. Just because you don't agree that doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than mine. I call the truth as I see it without feeling any white guilt like you guys.

My mother grew up in Washington DC and was robbed all the time. She got robbed at knife point for candy when she was a kid. When she moved to the suburbs of NY....it all stopped happening magically. There is more gang activity these days but it is still nice in many neighborhoods where I live. I don't live in a politically correct bubble like you. Certain groups commit more crimes than others which is a fact that most people know and think but won't say because people like you will call them racist.

I feel so bad for white people. They have to put up with so much nonesense and always get the shaft.

SavvySavage,

You mentioned NYC.

I LIVE in NYC.

I don't need you to find anything for me. I KNOW things did not JUMP off the way you stated.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Get off your high horse. My opinion is shared by many people in America. Just because you don't agree that doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than mine. I call the truth as I see it without feeling any white guilt like you guys.

My mother grew up in Washington DC and was robbed all the time. She got robbed at knife point for candy when she was a kid. When she moved to the suburbs of NY....it all stopped happening magically. There is more gang activity these days but it is still nice in many neighborhoods where I live. I don't live in a politically correct bubble like you. Certain groups commit more crimes than others which is a fact that most people know and think but won't say because people like you will call them racist.

I feel so bad for white people. They have to put up with so much nonesense and always get the shaft.
    you don't deserve to train kung fu, demon.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

SavvySavage,

You and quite a few others in this country are missing out one something with regard to this case. It was hyped up by media and government to help deepen an already incredibly deep social divide in this country, regardless of how the verdict turned out. Done to keep us from looking at the actions of government and their plans to basically fukk us all over. We can only win if we start believing in each other and have a willingness to step forward as a people concerned for a better tomorrow for ALL. As long as there is the "us and them" mentality, we are finished. If I did not have my high horse, I could not see the game being played.

You and a great many others have been PLAYED.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-27-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post

Stand your ground laws work in favor of pistols, how about blades?

SavvySavage,

mickey
    SavvySavage,

You and quite a few others in this country are missing out one something with regard to this case. It was hyped up by media and government to help deepen an already incredibly deep social divide in this country, regardless of how the verdict turned out. Done to keep us from looking at the actions of government and their plans to basically fukk us all over. We can only win if we start believing in each other and have a willingness to step forward as a people concerned for a better tomorrow for ALL. As long as there is the "us and them" mentality, we are finished. If I did not have my high horse, I could not see the game being played.

You and a great many others have been PLAYED.

mickey
    You believe in government conspiracy and I believe in consequences for he actions of individuals.

I'll tell you what I see. I see racial tensions that are there because they are there and not because our government is trying to fuk us. There have always been tensions between whites and blacks and there always will be. It's not an us vs them mentality. It's us vs those that seek to hurt us and others. There are plenty of people that don't turn into animals. We are black, white ,asian, whatever. We work hard and don't want to get shafted.

This case was blown up by the Al shartptons and the Jesse Jacksons to incite more rage from the black community so that Al and Hesse can keep getting richer.

Nobody made a big deal out of Trever Dooley, a black man, who shot and killed a white man in Florida claiming defense under the stand your ground law. I had trouble finding this story. Racism?

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/...-went-to-Court

SavvySavage,

Your initial post perpetuates the us versus them mentality. You just can't see it.

mickey