Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand your ground

SavvySavage,

Have you heard about ALEC? The Martin/Zimmerman trial has put them in the spotlight:

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/04/...nd-your-ground

http://www.thenation.com/blog/165077...ult-democracy#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hmhdv_OSvA

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Mickey

I respectfully disagree. I contend that you are looking too far into this incident. It is only one of many many incidents except this one happened to involve a half white half Hispanic man that the liberal media pegged as white. This is a passionate subject so let's all try to remain respectful of each other's opinions and not attack each other. The case is over and the verdict is in.

Revenge for the OJ verdict! Just kidding.

SavvySavage,

I have been incredibly respectful.

Read about ALEC, please.

mickey

The Police dispatcher in this case did not say " Instigate, proceed with firepower, and stand your ground". "Stand Down" just doesn't mean the same thing.

Seriously,

In regards to stand your ground stuff, what are the differences when it comes to knives and pistols? I realize they will differ state to state and country to country, but what goes on with that? Interested.

Tao

one positive thing from this fiasco is it showed groundfighting doesn't work on teh streets

LOL

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Literally did a spit take on this.
    dang you pazman. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    one positive thing from this fiasco is it showed groundfighting doesn't work on teh streets

LOL
    Pay the man...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Bottomline, I don't give a flying f*** what the law says. If someone means me harm or comes into my dwelling uninvited, he or she will have to fight for what they want to take from me. One of us is going to the hospital or the morgue. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

If you guys want to talk about the Martin/Zimmerman case, I have one question? Regardless of the circumtances, you as a person being profiled, do you in your right mind, without having been physically attacked, go ahead and attack another person and bash his head on the concrete??
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post

If someone means me harm or comes into my dwelling uninvited, he or she will have to fight for what they want to take from me. One of us is going to the hospital or the morgue. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
    Yeah, but let us say you are sitting in your locked house, and see someone "suspicious" walking down the street. Do you leave your locked house, get in your car, follow them, and then get out of your locked car to approach them?

If you guys want to talk about the Martin/Zimmerman case, I have one question? Regardless of the circumtances, you as a person being profiled, do you in your right mind, without having been physically attacked, go ahead and attack another person and bash his head on the concrete??
    I have a student who teaches my 7 am classes. He arrived one day at 6:30 am, put down his bag and went through it to look for his keys to the front door. He was approached by someone (turned out to be a new neighbor) who confronted him and said "what are you doing here"

My student rightfully said to a person whom he had never seen before, none of your business

The neighbor then reached for his bag , which is his private property. In NYS you have the legal right to use force to defend your property

The landlord walked by, said "hey!" and shooed away the new neighbor, but it had the potential for a beating..... and it would have been the neighbor's fault
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Yeah, but let us say you are sitting in your locked house, and see someone "suspicious" walking down the street. Do you leave your locked house, get in your car, follow them, and then get out of your locked car to approach them?
    If I were part of a neighborhood watch, yes. If not, I will probably just make a not of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

I have a student who teaches my 7 am classes. He arrived one day at 6:30 am, put down his bag and went through it to look for his keys to the front door. He was approached by someone (turned out to be a new neighbor) who confronted him and said "what are you doing here"

My student rightfully said to a person whom he had never seen before, none of your business

The neighbor then reached for his bag , which is his private property. In NYS you have the legal right to use force to defend your property

The landlord walked by, said "hey!" and shooed away the new neighbor, but it had the potential for a beating..... and it would have been the neighbor's fault
    If your student identified himself, none of your business is not the proper response. "I work here, can I help you with something" would have been. Being confrontational from the get go only leads to no good. The neighbor was just looking out.

In everything I have read, Zimmerman never once initiated physical contact.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Blog Entries
    A: Draw your gun.
    B: I don't carry gun.

Is there a US law that you can't shoot someone who is not armed? From all the western movies that I have watched, nobody was shot if he doesn't carry gun.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-30-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

If your student identified himself, none of your business is not the proper response. "I work here, can I help you with something" would have been. Being confrontational from the get go only leads to no good. The neighbor was just looking out.
    We live in a democracy. I don't have to identify and explain myself to random strangers. A police officer, yes, but not a random stranger.

In everything I have read, Zimmerman never once initiated physical contact.
    We'll never know exactly what went down, but we do know he followed him in a car and then got out of the car and approached him....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"Community watch" should call the police, not pretend to be one. There is a reason we have TRAINED and uniformed LEO in society....

And I can also guarantee you that in the history of 911 there has never been this call

"Hi, I see this man. He's white, about 55, wearing a suit. He's got a briefcase and he's just standing there on the corner. Yeah, he looks funny to me, that WHITE guy....."

if you don't support trayvon, you don't have wude. we got doods here training kung fu 20+ years and still supporting oppression. you are the bad guy in the kung fu movies.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-30-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC