Thread: "New" Hung Kuen Book.

Smile "New" Hung Kuen Book.

Greetings Family. Here's a Real Keeper, Hung kuen Fundamentals by Sifu Lam chun Fai out of hong-kong. So far,One of the best to appear in recent years. Also, A nice tribute to Master Lam Cho. Regards. NM.

I agree, it is a great book on Hung.
    -Golden Arms-

Could you provide a link?That is such a tease!
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

Smile "New" Hung Kuen Book.

Hi Family, All the Details about Hung Kuen Fundamentals Book are on F/B. also look up Sifu Lam Chun Fai. It's a Good/Decent Book to Own for Your Martial Arts Library. Years ago,I Trained Hung-Gar and Choy Lee Fut from One of Buck Sam Kong's Top Student/Sifu Harold J. Moore in Houston,Texas. Best Regards. NM.
    Last edited by nubianmantis; 07-30-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: mispelled word.

A nice memorial to Lam Jo.

but imo it could have been much better.

Especially in the Theory, Principals and applications department.

The techniques are very 1 dimensional (ie: block then hit)

example the Chin Ji Sau is a 3 movement technique but they only show the block.

also its dam expensive at $300 HK - can only imagine what it will be sold for here in the states.

Hung Kuen Book.

Hi Eric, Some Americans and Others "Love" Asian Sh_T so Much We Will Pay almost any amount for Martial Arts Books. What about the Cost to Study and Train Kung-fu Style's with some of these "so-Called Masters&Sifu's. Check this out According to Mr. Robert W. Smith,Not Many Master's or Sifu's come out of Hong-kong and Taiwan;Just a Few. Americans are Hungry for Real Kung-fu and Martial Arts,Most Asians are Hungry for American Stuff. That's Life Bro. Be Well. NM.

LOL OK.

1st. R. Smith is deceased so I think you meant for me to reference his written works.

2nd. There is plenty of "Real Kung Fu" in USA, especially Hung Gar. Which is one of the 1st to surface.

Glad you find the book informative, I've been in the scene for some time now and I just was impressed after all the hype. I thought Itwas going to be, well - scholarly and professional.

Especially with the high standards that is expected today here in America.

Cool Hung Kuen Book.

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    LOL OK.

1st. R. Smith is deceased so I think you meant for me to reference his written works.

2nd. There is plenty of "Real Kung Fu" in USA, especially Hung Gar. Which is one of the 1st to surface.

Glad you find the book informative, I've been in the scene for some time now and I just was impressed after all the hype. I thought Itwas going to be, well - scholarly and professional.

Especially with the high standards that is expected today here in America.
    Robert W. Smith is Correct about Kung-fu. " Real Kung-fu" in America-LOL Really. The hung Kuen book is What it Is,A Book That All. We All Buy Hype. Pick Your Poison. These Guys Are Boxers,Not Scholars. Maybe, One Day. Not Now. Regards. NM.

You should release a trial version.

"Real Kung Fu in America".

Okay lets get more specific. Lam Jo's Hung Gar students.

He's got quite a few of them here in the states, so is what your saying that they don't teach "Real Kung Fu" or that they are not "qualified" to teach Real Kung Fu.

having been to HK and seen many schools, I'd say that outside of HK there is more serious practitioners of the Martial Arts, and thats the main reason why many HK and China teachers are looking to expand into the western market. $$$

Same Foundation, Same Forms, Same Drills, etc. etc. In the end its the students job to get skilled.