Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is YKT a little qigong?

Is YKT a little qigong?

I wrote this to explain what is yik kam transform for a friend, so, I post it here in case some one interested

1. YKT is just a tool to lead you to observe how your six core elements or five layers , body, mind, breathing, qi, jin, and momentum, function or operate in a natural way or non coloring way, or as it is.

2. Each of the four drill is a lab for you to observe your six core elements in a state of
    Standing still , dynamically swing in rise and drop, dynamically swing and spiral , and the general eight ways your lower part of body move in dynamic action.

3. In the beginning, you can only follow what the drill like you to do, but after you fluent with it, you will started to notice how each of the six core elements function naturally.

4. So, YKT is about exploring your body in the above four common states While dropping the unknown or coloring practice to get back to its natural state. Like a kid exploring a toy car. And seeing what it is as it is.

Ie. when you standing in ykt drill number one is not trying to do anything but let the body stand in neutral as it is. Most people don't stand in a neutral way. They might lock their hip, clamp their knees or hold their tail bone....all the silly thing because they believe those ritual give them power while in reality is counter productive.

5. Just do every drill about seven mins here and there as you like . A soon as you cover all four drill everyday, meaning everyday you play these four states a little. Like playing a toy.

6. YKT is just reset you to the nature body and mind in both static and dynamic state.
    Then with this natural state of body and mind when you practice the wck sets you see what is it in the sets. Instead of oh it got to be taiji way, hung gar way, Bagua way.....which is all your sifu or your speculation. Got nothing to do with the sets. When you practice the sets as it is, the set train your body into snake body.

7. After you get the YKT as is it. You can have Wck, taiji, Bagua......ect because Wck , Bagua, taiji, Boxing........all are just a different subset of the natural way, they do things in a different way.

I brought up the six core elements because that is what the ancient Chinese ma based on, not taiji style or Bagua or Wck definition. It is like going to law of physics instead of taking anyone's view as the reference.

Some people think oh YKT is a little qigong, a drill....etc. all are just off the mark.
    It is called transform because YKT take off the color glasses and excessive practice to see things as it is. It needs only four simple drills because the four simple drills have covered the basic of Wck sets and dummy set. Will YKT practice promote health? Sure, resetting to neutral state body in static and dynamic means reset the body back to balance state, which is the core concept of tcm.

If one doesn't get to the seeing things as it is, one will keep pile up the garbage like a superstitious guy.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.

I do not need any drill to go back to a natural state as I am always in a natural state. This whole idea of recover or go back to a natural state is fluff.

There is no one natural state it changes with what we are doing. Running full out is different than walking, moving on the ground while someone is on top of you is different than lounging, moving while someone is striking at you and even hitting you different than form practice, and so forth.

Form practice can only do very limited things like help you learn and practice the actions.

If one doesn't get to the seeing things as it is, one will keep pile up the garbage like a superstitious guy.
    Quite ironic coming from you............

Hendrik, the way it is presented is the problem. There is so much detail. Few people have time and energy to watch what (to me) are quite baffling video explanations that don't seem to enlighten much.

Then there is the "little qigong" which looks absurdly simple given the amount of talk and writing surrounding it.

These two seem incongruous together. Hard to decide which it is, if either

You are correct.

There is no easy way to describe these things.
    Since it is not a quick fix stuffs, only those who has more in depth Chinese internal art background or willing to clean their cup before drinking will has patient to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Hendrik, the way it is presented is the problem. There is so much detail. Few people have time and energy to watch what (to me) are quite baffling video explanations that don't seem to enlighten much.

Then there is the "little qigong" which looks absurdly simple given the amount of talk and writing surrounding it.

These two seem incongruous together. Hard to decide which it is, if either
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You are correct.

There is no easy way to describe these things.
    Since it is not a quick fix stuffs, only those who has more in depth Chinese internal art background or willing to clean their cup before drinking will has patient to check it out.
    I have some internal art background, believe it or not. Maybe different from yours but still there

It is your choice to describe in metaphor or in more simple terms. YM wing chun dispensed with the metaphor and look at how difficult that is to understand, the level of disagreement, the factions. Internal by comparison is even more of a mess (in general). My question is why make it more complicated than it needs to be? It is already difficult enough.

Clean your cup is a thing written to slight. But you might be surprised how many have looked at these and been unable to put it together. Do you want to make it available by youtube, or do you want disciples?

Good suggestion!

Thanks!

If you look at my recent YouTube, they are changes according to view good suggestion!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I have some internal art background, believe it or not. Maybe different from yours but still there

It is your choice to describe in metaphor or in more simple terms. YM wing chun dispensed with the metaphor and look at how difficult that is to understand, the level of disagreement, the factions. Internal by comparison is even more of a mess (in general). My question is why make it more complicated than it needs to be? It is already difficult enough.

Clean your cup is a thing written to slight. But you might be surprised how many have looked at these and been unable to put it together. Do you want to make it available by youtube, or do you want disciples?

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    I do not need any drill to go back to a natural state as I am always in a natural state. This whole idea of recover or go back to a natural state is fluff.

There is no one natural state it changes with what we are doing. Running full out is different than walking, moving on the ground while someone is on top of you is different than lounging, moving while someone is striking at you and even hitting you different than form practice, and so forth.

Form practice can only do very limited things like help you learn and practice the actions.
    YKT helped me a lot... I know there are probably some other ways to get it..., but for me YKT really works... As Hendrik says, body step by step get his natural dynamic trough wing chun movements... or if you like turn your engine on...

Jox,

This Friday and Saturday I will hold a private intensive at my home on YKT and 1850 SNT. This will be the first time in the west that the SNT and the kuit will be share in details fully.

First day YKT to cover basic needed second day full focus in SNT with kuit instruction and details in the five layer to a activate the engine. So, this will be like learning in the 1850, we might not know 100percent today but we know we have at least 70 -80 percent clear.

If you or your friends are in the San Francisco area you sure is more then welcome to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    YKT helped me a lot... I know there are probably some other ways to get it..., but for me YKT really works... As Hendrik says, body step by step get his natural dynamic trough wing chun movements... or if you like turn your engine on...

Thank you for invitation. I hope we meet some day.
    Please share how it was...

i just put out a youtube yesterday.

Thank you for invitation. I hope we meet some day.
    Please share how it was...

Can we see a video of this wonderful stuff actually in action sparring or does it only work in the armchair?

Why don't you put up a video of you in action sparing to show us about you?
    Could you do that?

Can we see a video of this wonderful stuff actually in action sparring or does it only work in the armchair?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Why don't you put up a video of you in action sparing to show us about you?
    Could you do that?
    Because I am not the guy posting lots of videos about wing chun and posting about knowing the original stuffs and how I know the real deal and hosting seminars on wing chun. So my question Mr is why can't we see anyone in action why only from the armchair?

Since you are in SF and I know some people near there I can have them meet up with you so you can show us the real deal in action. How about that?

Not interested.

Thanks.

Because I am not the guy posting lots of videos about wing chun and posting about knowing the original stuffs and how I know the real deal and hosting seminars on wing chun. So my question Mr is why can't we see anyone in action why only from the armchair?

Since you are in SF and I know some people near there I can have them meet up with you so you can show us the real deal in action. How about that?