Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Boxing vs. TCMA

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I like to use toes push kick. I don't like to use heel kick. The "heel kick" is just a bit too short for me. I did spend a lot of training time for my heel kick. It's a big waste that I train it but I don't like to use it. It makes no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I prefer to use the toe, (ball of the foot,) as well. Heel is stronger, but toe has greater range. I am usually shorter than my opponents so I need that extra reach to control distance. But I like to use heel to the legs, less risk of injury if I hit the knee or shin. Sometimes I like a technique only for one specific application.
    Yah, I'm the same. I can use my heal, I just don't. Preference, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Oh I hear you there. I have friends that can do crazy stuff that I simply am not strong enough or flexible enough to pull off. A friend of mine was in a car accident and broke her back and healed in such a way that she is limited in her movement. It's not that it hurts, she just doesn't bend that way and it doesn't matter how much effort she puts in, it just isn't going to happen. Her only option would be like a surgical rebreak/set situation that would involve like a year of healing and it just isn't worth it for her.
    Yeah, sorry I couldn't word it correctly before. But that's pretty much my point haha