Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tennis ball

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    Looks interesting and maybe kind of fun..It does look really silly,but hey if it provides a benefit that's all that matters. the only thing i don't like about it is that you can't move your head.If you do it throws it all off,so if looks like the guys is very uncomfortable .
    My last marriage was "uncomfortable" so I am already trained for such things.
    Come to think of it, not being able to move my head would be less "uncomfortable" than being with my ex.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Perfect training for the opponent who stands stock still.
    True, but in that regard it's no worse than the FCB, speed bag, heavy bag and wooden dummy.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    True, but in that regard it's no worse than the FCB, speed bag, heavy bag and wooden dummy.
    You forgot the guy standing in front of you holding pads or a shield

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I dont know so much about boxing but I always thought speed bag was for speed, the heavy bag for power and conditioning and well the wooden dummy is not a punching bag at all. If one wants to punch at a tennis ball thats fine but I think a better tennis ball for conditioning IMO would be juggling or the drill NFL players where they throw tennis balls at a wall ( or someone throws at them )and catch with both hands.

Just as bad/good as a speed bag I guess...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I dont know so much about boxing but I always thought speed bag was for speed, the heavy bag for power and conditioning and well the wooden dummy is not a punching bag at all.
    Yeah, OK, but none of them move around like an opponent.

And the dummy isn't a bag? Jeez, thanks for pointing that out. (Secret: a tennis ball isn't a bag either).

The tennis ball is just another training idea, not a philosophy of life or religious artifact. If you like it, use it. If you don't, use something else.

I think a better tennis ball for conditioning IMO would be juggling or the drill NFL players where they throw tennis balls at a wall ( or someone throws at them )and catch with both hands.
    There's a vid of Anderson Silva on Yt doing stuff like that.

I've seen quite a few people replace the FCB with a tennis ball an use it the same way. Thoughts?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!