Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wing chun momentum sharing

wing chun momentum sharing

for those who is interested only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamRs3bD7O0

for post 1855 WCK, the arrangement is.
    in general, roundabout momentum is presented in Chum Kui set. Recovery momentum is presented in Biu Jee set .

Zheng San and Pin San both exist in WCK since ancient time.

Zheng San is very intense in Center line inner gate, while Pin san is not as intense. Zheng San is faster while Pin San has more shielding.

A question is we called the Bruce lee demo inch power or inch punch.
    However, in reality, how can that going to deliver power in the recovery momentum situation as in the youtube above. If it cannot deliver , is it inch power?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    inch punch.
    To me the inch punch is to use your body to punch.

When both of your hands can touch your opponent's chest. You will have "square shoulder". By keeping your arms straight, you can send one shoulder out, pull the other shoulder back, and end with your punching arm, your leading shoulder, and your back shoulder are all in one straight line. This way you don't even need that "1 inch".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    To me the inch punch is to use your body to punch.

When both of your hands can touch your opponent's chest. You will have "square shoulder". By keeping your arms straight, you can send one shoulder out, pull the other shoulder back, and end with your punching arm, your leading shoulder, and your back shoulder are all in one straight line. This way you don't even need that "1 inch".

For those who don't know what am I talking about in the second part of this YouTube on Jin or force flow path , direct, cross left leg and right hand, deliver at landing..

Watch the following start from 17.10 to 18.05. That is what I am talking about.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkjj85...%3DuVkjj8568d8

I hope some days some wcner will do the double helix type.

These Jin or force change path and flow things are real, and one needs these to support momentum, and, one needs engine to support the Jin.

For those who don't know what am I talking about in the second part of this YouTube on Jin or force flow path , direct, cross left leg and right hand, deliver at landing..

Watch the following start from 17.10 to 18.05. That is what I am talking about.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkjj85...%3DuVkjj8568d8

I hope some days some wcner will do the double helix type.

These Jin or force change path and flow things are real, and one needs these to support momentum, and, one needs engine to support the Jin.
    That's Ho Kam Ming lineage right there.

I've been talking about this "balanced" structure and rotation forever. It stays true amongst all of the empty hand forms and dummy. "Bracing" footwork is the key catalyst for this function with regards to WC.

Hendrik, "double helix" function as you call it is already in the system and is found in "inside facing" footwork but is only initiated correctly with "bracing" combination.

Double helix is in every ones chum kiu and dummy set.
    I am just high light what is exist in Wck in a systematic way.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    That's Ho Kam Ming lineage right there.

I've been talking about this "balanced" structure and rotation forever. It stays true amongst all of the empty hand forms and dummy. "Bracing" footwork is the key catalyst for this function with regards to WC.

Hendrik, "double helix" function as you call it is already in the system and is found in "inside facing" footwork but is only initiated correctly with "bracing" combination.

Care to explain what double helix is with regards to Wing Chun?

Take a look at diagram 27 here

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/121501202#fullscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Care to explain what double helix is with regards to Wing Chun?

What has that got to do with fighting?

Very clearly explain in the above momentum YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    What has that got to do with fighting?

My focus is not fighting but does one has a good handling on momentum handling or collision handling. That is the core of recieve what is coming send back what is leaving.

Fighting has no meaning for me , but capability of handling impulse is the soul in tcma.

Thus, as in the YouTube above, one needs body type or engine to support force flow , force flow to support momentum. And Impulse = Change in momentum.

One can keep talking abc way, fighting....etc but I choose to go to newton law on the basic mechanics.

I don't care what is xyz way or abc way, the bottom line for me is, do you know: what it is, why it is, how it is.

For example , everyone talk about inch power, but does one knows inch power is an impulse? And impulse is change in momentum? And change in momentum require force change? And force change require acceleration? And all these need an engine or platform to make it happen? If these equations are not solidly clear, how the heck is one going to make it happen?

Telling me, angling, tan bong fook, wing chun way....etc just doesn't say anything ,but not different then talking honda, toyota, bmw instead of talking mechanics.

A force acting for a given amount of time will change an object's momentum. Put another way, an unbalanced force always accelerates an object - either speeding it up or slowing it down. If the force acts opposite the object's motion, it slows the object down. If a force acts in the same direction as the object's motion, then the force speeds the object up. Either way, a force will change the velocity of an object. And if the velocity of the object is changed, then the momentum of the object is changed.

These concepts are merely an outgrowth of Newton's second law as discussed in an earlier unit. Newton's second law (Fnet = m • a) stated that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting upon the object and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. When combined with the definition of acceleration (a = change in velocity / time), the following equalities result.

If both sides of the above equation are multiplied by the quantity t, a new equation results.

This equation represents one of two primary principles to be used in the analysis of collisions during this unit. To truly understand the equation, it is important to understand its meaning in words. In words, it could be said that the force times the time equals the mass times the change in velocity. In physics, the quantity Force • time is known as impulse. And since the quantity m•v is the momentum, the quantity m•Δv must be the change in momentum. The equation really says that the

Impulse = Change in momentum

One focus of this unit is to understand the physics of collisions. The physics of collisions are governed by the laws of momentum; and the first law that we discuss in this unit is expressed in the above equation. The equation is known as the impulse-momentum change equation. The law can be expressed this way:

In a collision, an object experiences a force for a specific amount of time that results in a change in momentum. The result of the force acting for the given amount of time is that the object's mass either speeds up or slows down (or changes direction). The impulse experienced by the object equals the change in momentum of the object. In equation form, F • t = m • Δ v.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/clas...ntum/u4l1b.cfm
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-12-2013 at 08:14 AM.

I've discussed this before too

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...93&postcount=1

My focus is not fighting but does one has a good handling on momentum handling or collision handling. That is the core of recieve what is coming send back what is leaving.

Fighting has no meaning for me , but capability of handling impulse is the soul in tcma.

Thus, as in the YouTube above, one needs body type or engine to support force flow , force flow to support momentum. And Impulse = Change in momentum.

One can keep talking abc way, fighting....etc but I choose to go to newton law on the basic mechanics.

I don't care what is xyz way or abc way, the bottom line for me is, do you know: what it is, why it is, how it is.

For example , everyone talk about inch power, but does one knows inch power is an impulse? And impulse is change in momentum? And change in momentum require force change? And force change require acceleration? And all these need an engine or platform to make it happen? If these equations are not solidly clear, how the heck is one going to make it happen?

Telling me, angling, tan bong fook, wing chun way....etc just doesn't say anything ,but not different then talking honda, toyota, bmw instead of talking mechanics.

A force acting for a given amount of time will change an object's momentum. Put another way, an unbalanced force always accelerates an object - either speeding it up or slowing it down. If the force acts opposite the object's motion, it slows the object down. If a force acts in the same direction as the object's motion, then the force speeds the object up. Either way, a force will change the velocity of an object. And if the velocity of the object is changed, then the momentum of the object is changed.

These concepts are merely an outgrowth of Newton's second law as discussed in an earlier unit. Newton's second law (Fnet = m • a) stated that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting upon the object and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. When combined with the definition of acceleration (a = change in velocity / time), the following equalities result.

If both sides of the above equation are multiplied by the quantity t, a new equation results.

This equation represents one of two primary principles to be used in the analysis of collisions during this unit. To truly understand the equation, it is important to understand its meaning in words. In words, it could be said that the force times the time equals the mass times the change in velocity. In physics, the quantity Force • time is known as impulse. And since the quantity m•v is the momentum, the quantity m•Δv must be the change in momentum. The equation really says that the

Impulse = Change in momentum

One focus of this unit is to understand the physics of collisions. The physics of collisions are governed by the laws of momentum; and the first law that we discuss in this unit is expressed in the above equation. The equation is known as the impulse-momentum change equation. The law can be expressed this way:

In a collision, an object experiences a force for a specific amount of time that results in a change in momentum. The result of the force acting for the given amount of time is that the object's mass either speeds up or slows down (or changes direction). The impulse experienced by the object equals the change in momentum of the object. In equation form, F • t = m • Δ v.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/clas...ntum/u4l1b.cfm

My focus is not fighting
    Fighting has no meaning for me
    Pretty much sums your posts up for me.

Ving Tsun is for fighting. Hard work and sparring hands, feet, poles and knives.

Practicing Ving Tsun and saying fighting has no meaning for you is like playing tennis without hitting the ball over the net to the other guy. You can swing a racket all day long much like most Wing Chunnners spend their time chain punching fresh air but it means nothing.

"Fools will only believe other fools"