Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sifu Wang Zhi Peng Wooden Dummy Explanation

Sifu Wang Zhi Peng Wooden Dummy Explanation

Another little treasure to share wid me lovelies ... I believe this fella has some interesting ideas n regard to his usage of his Vt no doubt .. I do like the leg sweep practical usage He seems to have incorporated throws ? within the form..

Offcourse he touches the basic principles of correction arm leg synchronization, Interesting take on borrowing the force and redirecting back to opponent, shifting the attack . Which leads us back to the squabble of Too Bridge or not Too Bridge

Enjoy & dicuss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv24-f54q78

First WSL guy I've seen that doesn't train to "push" his opponent and even states it. About time....

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    First WSL guy I've seen that doesn't train to "push" his opponent and even states it. About time....
    Care too elaborate mate as far as i know our Wsl lineage always advocate hitting rather than pushing although pushing does have its place under given circumstances So... No we dont all walk round with mattresses

Yeah I was getting impatient too

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    Another little treasure to share wid me lovelies ... I believe this fella has some interesting ideas n regard to his usage of his Vt no doubt .. I do like the leg sweep practical usage He seems to have incorporated throws ? within the form..
    Based on his other clip I would say he got his throwing from judo (or "shuai jiao"), because that is what it resembles. In this clip it looks like he is working practical throwing skill back into his wing chun rather than the other way around, but still much more practical than standard unbalanced wing chun legwork and good stuff. He is a practical guy and I like his stuff.

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv24-f54q78

When you use your leg to hook/jam/bite on your opponent's leg, your opponent can't kick you at that moment. That will be your advantage.

At 4.08, he used his right leading leg to hook his opponent's right leading leg from inside. He had just created a "leg bridge" and be able to sense his opponent's leg intention.

When you are facing your opponent, you can use your right leg to hook his

- right leg from outside (1st side),
    - right leg from inside (2nd side),
    - left leg from inside (3rd side),
    - left leg from outside (4th side).

As long you are a "practical guy", and you don't have attitude such as "My style doesn't do this", it's easy to integrate such "leg moves" into any style that you train. After all, it's your legs. Nobody can stop you from using your own legs.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-05-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Based on his other clip I would say he got his throwing from judo (or "shuai jiao"), because that is what it resembles. In this clip it looks like he is working practical throwing skill back into his wing chun rather than the other way around, but still much more practical than standard unbalanced wing chun legwork and good stuff. He is a practical guy and I like his stuff.
    Precisely shuai jiao" Stuff which i think works pretty well with the Vt platform I believe if it compliments the system use it on the lines of Simplicty directnesss efficencey of use bring it on VT needs to keep evolveing because the fighting of two hundred years ago isnt the same as of the modern era You just have too look at boxing too see that .... And yes i like practical not just talk but do Individuals Thats what inspires us all

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    Care too elaborate mate as far as i know our Wsl lineage always advocate hitting rather than pushing although pushing does have its place under given circumstances So... No we dont all walk round with mattresses
    Same here... As usual, WC1277 is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Originally Posted by Jansingsang

Same here... As usual, WC1277 is confused.
    A little much, don't you think?....

http://youtu.be/VjcozWSvpjs

A little much, don't you think?....

http://youtu.be/VjcozWSvpjs

No i dont ? ..What his doing is a variety of things not just pushing the bloke ..And fwiw when he does push him as in 0.41 the guy loses his balance its not just about striking, but destroying structures .Angling distance management the devils in the detail Its only a clip.. One never knows untill your on the recieveing end

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    In that clip totalling just 1:37, you see Philipp hit his training partners what?.... 70 - 80 times? :
    I counted 29 "pushes" give or take and 52 actual "hits" give or take in 1:37 worth of footage. That's at least 50%.

Just saying...

btw I wasn't intentionally targeting PB. Jansingsang had an insecure response to me saying "First WSL guy I've seen that doesn't train to "push" his opponent and even states it." It was refreshing to be honest with you. And come on, you have to admit that, overall, there's quite a bit of pushing the opponent away in that entire line.

I counted 29 "pushes" give or take and 52 actual "hits" give or take in 1:37 worth of footage. That's at least 50%.

Just saying...

btw I wasn't intentionally targeting PB. Jansingsang had an insecure response to me saying "First WSL guy I've seen that doesn't train to "push" his opponent and even states it." It was refreshing to be honest with you. And come on, you have to admit that, overall, there's quite a bit of pushing the opponent away in that entire line.
    You actually counted them? lmfao

You are right off the mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    You actually counted them? lmfao

You are right off the mark!
    It's not hard with 1:37 of footage, especially when you have an average of every 3 seconds a "push" is happening.

Like I said before the insecure response of the PB crowd, I like that Wang Zhi Peng made it a point to emphasize striking instead of pushing.

Just saying...

For the record ive no insecurity what's so ever to what you said just wanted you to elaborate more on your statement no biggy mister FWIW point us in the right direction as what you feel is good VT

I think the comments he makes on pushing and striking are good, but obvious. As is how you use the palm. Same thinking in most lineages, IMO.

What was more interesting was this:

Wang Zhi Peng says: "Another point is how to change the direction in order to use the force of the opponent. When the force of the opponent is huge, how do you borrow his force to hit him? When you feel the force, you quickly shift to the other side to attack..... suddenly he gave me a lot of force, how can I change the force to my benefit?

Change direction
    Borrowing force
    Feel the force
    Change the force

Interesting as some WSL lineage guys routinely poo-poo the idea of feeling force, changing its direction, borrowing force, etc.

I guess Wang Zhi Peng is another one of those guys who misinterpreted WSL's words?
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.