Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 a month fulltime china training

2000 a month fulltime china training

would you be willing to pay 2000 a month for full time,one to one,semi private one to one or one to two students, shaolin training as well as iron hand and iron body qi gong,full room and board[very simple style].learning real kung fu and hard qi gong.[not a tourist attraction]but serious teacher serious students. with a former shaolin temple monk,disciple under Shi Yong Xin. also included chinese lesson from a certified chinese teacher,in shenzhen china,the most modern and new city in china. one hour from hong kong.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Dollars or RMB? If it's dollars then absolutely not, if it's RMB then that's a pretty good deal.

in dollars how much do you think is reasonable? talking semi private teacher/disciple type training in china, iron hand ,iron body and shaolin.and chinese lessons

It depends. How many other people? Will you have your own room or be sharing it with the other students? Is the food vegetarian. If it's your own room and they feed you meat then I think 1000 USD would be reasonable. If your sharing the room and it's vegetarian food, then no more than 500, I think.

But ultimately it comes down to, can you afford it and can you find it anywhere else? If this is really what you're looking for and if you can't find it any other way, then if you can afford to pay it's ok.

Also, my perception on price may be a little skewed as I have not been living anywhere as expensive as Shenzen in China.
    [In Kunming, 3000 RMB would easily cover a decent apartment for one and food for the month (1500 for each). Just to give you a sense of the prices I'm used to.]

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but just to give you more perspective on cost, I think living and training at the Shaolin Temple costs about $1000/month. (4 to a room[nice rooms w/ac] and meat to eat--classes under 10 people)

Hope this is helpful. Personally, I don't feel that training 30 hours a week is actually any more productive (for me) than training 15. I'd rather have my own place and job and just study part time--preferably with my teacher back in the States.

2k usd for kung fu training in china per month?

yeah, that's an obvious rip off no matter how you slice it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

farmer makes 2k a year

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I gave my shifu less than 2k for lifetime training which is 3 times a week for me. However it's not a private class and most of the partner drills and sparring is between the students with the help of the senior students. This is enough for me as a hobbyist because the rest of the time I enjoy training moves and weapons on my own.
    The only case that I can accept 2k a month in China is if the teacher is highly skilled and does serious sparring and partner drills with you and becomes your training partner as YKW described in another thread. If it's just some taolu, hard qigong and occasionally showing some application then I think 2k is too much.

I honestly can't think of any circumstances where that would be an acceptable payment.

It's beyond ludicrous to ask for that.

Like charging 100k for a two seater 2002 Toyota corolla.

It ain't worth it and it doesn't matter who teaches it. It's unreasonable and greedy.
    the fact that it is over the top greedy tells me immediately that the person making the offer lacks Kung Fu in the whole sense of the word. lol they are just exploiting you. A person with Kung Fu is not an exploiter of anyone or anything but leaks in his opponent whilst fighting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    farmer makes 2k a year
    Farmers need to find a way to market their lifestyle to idle westerners and get a piece of that lifestyle tourism action.

Only for the truly rugged™

You spend all season tilling barren soil fed by dangerously polluted ground water. At the end the local government expropriates your land. Only $2,000 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Farmers need to find a way to market their lifestyle to idle westerners and get a piece of that lifestyle tourism action.

Only for the truly rugged™
    Just let them wear robes and give them different colored sashes while they do the farm work. Tell them it is ancient Chinese secret. I want in on this endeavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Just let them wear robes and give them different colored sashes while they do the farm work. Tell them it is ancient Chinese secret. I want in on this endeavor.
    the all new crossfit workout

I don't get this.

Wiz, weren't you complaining in the Shaolin Circus thread that Shaolin teachers don't know the applications of the forms? Do you think US$2000 will fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    I don't get this.

Wiz, weren't you complaining in the Shaolin Circus thread that Shaolin teachers don't know the applications of the forms? Do you think US$2000 will fix that?
    you are lowering his self esteem. somebody ban this guy.

Also, my perception on price may be a little skewed as I have not been living anywhere as expensive as Shenzen in China.
    [In Kunming, 3000 RMB would easily cover a decent apartment for one and food for the month (1500 for each). Just to give you a sense of the prices I'm used to.]
    im talking about longgang,the rent is dirt cheap there,so good points you made there,thanks

nobody is asking this price,i want to get an idea. james mcneal and other teachers in the states charge more,so i thought if you can do the same,and get the chance to live abroad.but ok,maybe it isnt reasonable that price,thats why im asking for opinions.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-07-2013 at 08:00 AM.