It depends. How many other people? Will you have your own room or be sharing it with the other students? Is the food vegetarian. If it's your own room and they feed you meat then I think 1000 USD would be reasonable. If your sharing the room and it's vegetarian food, then no more than 500, I think.

But ultimately it comes down to, can you afford it and can you find it anywhere else? If this is really what you're looking for and if you can't find it any other way, then if you can afford to pay it's ok.

Also, my perception on price may be a little skewed as I have not been living anywhere as expensive as Shenzen in China.
[In Kunming, 3000 RMB would easily cover a decent apartment for one and food for the month (1500 for each). Just to give you a sense of the prices I'm used to.]

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but just to give you more perspective on cost, I think living and training at the Shaolin Temple costs about $1000/month. (4 to a room[nice rooms w/ac] and meat to eat--classes under 10 people)

Hope this is helpful. Personally, I don't feel that training 30 hours a week is actually any more productive (for me) than training 15. I'd rather have my own place and job and just study part time--preferably with my teacher back in the States.