Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 a month fulltime china training

and i love shaolin kung and feel it has a lot to offer,physically and mentally. but i honestly feel there is something wrong with the teaching of applications,probably because of the cultural revolution,or the reason i mentioned before

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the all new crossfit workout
    Just replace Paleo Diet with Dysentery.

I hate it when kungfu becomes about money however I know that Shenzhen is expensive and good kungfu "can" be expensive. Maybe it would be better if you could be more specific. For example how much is for the rent? How much is for the Chinese language teacher? How many hours does the kungfu teacher train you? Does he spar with you?

Also I should ask why would someone who wants to become a serious full-time student of kungfu want to go to an expensive city like Shenzhen when you have cheap places offering the same thingin in other parts of China. Is there anything special about the teacher?
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 08-07-2013 at 08:14 AM.

this is only an idea now, and maybe 2000 is too much,that's why i'm asking. personally i would rather not be stuck out in a village, mountains or country. maybe when i was 20,but i would rather do about 4 or 5 hours of training then be able to go to a starbucks or a bar and have some kind of social life. and this training will be like a teacher/disciple training. not the masses. i train this way now and enjoy it very much. the training is personal and suited to fit your age body type physical abilities ect.

To put things in perspective, I can set up a full time program for a person in Osaka, Japan which will cost them approximately US$1200 a month, including room, training, food, (and beer and karaoke). Tack on an extra $100 dollars if you want to study Japanese language.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    To put things in perspective, I can set up a full time program for a person in Osaka, Japan which will cost them approximately US$1200 a month, including room, training, food, (and beer and karaoke). Tack on an extra $100 dollars if you want to study Japanese language.
    Yes, but I'm assuming this is group training?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

2k US is an insane amount of money for even full time training in China.

For that price I would expect the teacher to pretty much put his whole life on hold, provide banquet dinners regularly and the training would be something like a full time intensive one on ones. I could see it maybe for a single month because you'd have to be living in a hotel rather than renting a flat and you could make it a big event with plenty of tourism in the afternoons after your 4-5 hour morning training sessions.

Shenzen is expensive but, to put it in perspective, I live in Xi'an, not exactly a 1st tier city but we have Starbucks and a subway and about 5 or 6 million people here.

As a westerner working pretty much full time (if only 9 months out of the year) I only make about $800/month. $2000/month USD in Xi'an is more than the entire income of guys I know who own, not rent, 2 or 3 flats in town and drive a western car even though the tarif is something like 100%.

So what I am saying is that $2000/mont in Xi'an is like, factory owner rich guy who sends his kids to America for a year in high school territory.

Just sayin.

Will it be the kind of Shaolin that has no martial application whatsoever taught by a master who obviously doesn’t understand fighting?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    Will it be the kind of Shaolin that has no martial application whatsoever taught by a master who obviously doesn’t understand fighting?
    o you are so clever

but on a serious note. my teacher does teach forms and some application,[whether i like the applications of shaolin or not, doesn't reflect on my teacher's skills,is my opinion]. But his specialty is iron hand, head and body. which i find can be very useful in a fighting situation's. he does also teach some simple strikes to go along with the iron hand training. which I feel could **** someone up if you are striking them with a really hard fist. cause this iron hand training is brutal. and my hands do feel like weapons.

Not a chance in hell. You know how many KFC chickens you can buy for that price

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

If you are happy and are making enough money in shenzhen then go for it. In other cities it's much cheaper but as someone said it's hard to make any money in other cities.

this isnt for me, this is an idea i had for people to travel to china and train here, but i guess it really is too much, just testing the waters. i already train with my teacher,for a different rate, i am happy training with him,good teacher good stuff

I'm sure there are foreigners who would pay that much or even more for training with a famous teacher but there should be a marketing plan for attracting them. It's difficult to say how much the value of something like kungfu is for different people. For "some" Chinese when it comes to real shifu disciple relationship they might even give their shifu a lot more than that without having any obligations. I know someone who bought his shifu an apartment. My own shifu didn't ask me for a lot of money and has been very good to me in these years. I'm sure I will give him more when I leave China.

you have any clips of your or your masters training?
    iron palm is great if you can hit your opponent, but if you cannot hit him or he grapples with you and breaks your arms, it was a waste or training.
    i think it is more important to know where and how to strike than just spend hours pounding your hands but that is just me.