Thread: 2000 a month fulltime china training

Hybrid View

2000 a month fulltime china training

would you be willing to pay 2000 a month for full time,one to one,semi private one to one or one to two students, shaolin training as well as iron hand and iron body qi gong,full room and board[very simple style].learning real kung fu and hard qi gong.[not a tourist attraction]but serious teacher serious students. with a former shaolin temple monk,disciple under Shi Yong Xin. also included chinese lesson from a certified chinese teacher,in shenzhen china,the most modern and new city in china. one hour from hong kong.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Dollars or RMB? If it's dollars then absolutely not, if it's RMB then that's a pretty good deal.

in dollars how much do you think is reasonable? talking semi private teacher/disciple type training in china, iron hand ,iron body and shaolin.and chinese lessons

It depends. How many other people? Will you have your own room or be sharing it with the other students? Is the food vegetarian. If it's your own room and they feed you meat then I think 1000 USD would be reasonable. If your sharing the room and it's vegetarian food, then no more than 500, I think.

But ultimately it comes down to, can you afford it and can you find it anywhere else? If this is really what you're looking for and if you can't find it any other way, then if you can afford to pay it's ok.

Also, my perception on price may be a little skewed as I have not been living anywhere as expensive as Shenzen in China.
    [In Kunming, 3000 RMB would easily cover a decent apartment for one and food for the month (1500 for each). Just to give you a sense of the prices I'm used to.]

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but just to give you more perspective on cost, I think living and training at the Shaolin Temple costs about $1000/month. (4 to a room[nice rooms w/ac] and meat to eat--classes under 10 people)

Hope this is helpful. Personally, I don't feel that training 30 hours a week is actually any more productive (for me) than training 15. I'd rather have my own place and job and just study part time--preferably with my teacher back in the States.

2k usd for kung fu training in china per month?

yeah, that's an obvious rip off no matter how you slice it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

farmer makes 2k a year

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Also, my perception on price may be a little skewed as I have not been living anywhere as expensive as Shenzen in China.
    [In Kunming, 3000 RMB would easily cover a decent apartment for one and food for the month (1500 for each). Just to give you a sense of the prices I'm used to.]
    im talking about longgang,the rent is dirt cheap there,so good points you made there,thanks

nobody is asking this price,i want to get an idea. james mcneal and other teachers in the states charge more,so i thought if you can do the same,and get the chance to live abroad.but ok,maybe it isnt reasonable that price,thats why im asking for opinions.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-07-2013 at 08:00 AM.