Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Archery

Bawangs yellow dragon techniques uses a qi string.

Ouch

Here we have drive-by shootings. In China, it's drive-by archery?

Man shot by arrow while hanging clothes at home in Changsha

Well this is terrifying. A 51-year-old man was hanging clothes on the balcony of his home in Changsha, Hunan province when he was suddenly hit in the knee by an arrow.

The man, surnamed Wang, was rushed to the Changsha Central Hospital on January 17 with the metal arrow pierced nearly 12 centimeters deep into his bent knee, according to Xiaoxiang Morning News. It had reportedly belonged to Wang's neighbor, an archery enthusiast surnamed Liang, who was practicing shooting around 50 meters away at the garden of their community compound when the arrow went loose.

Wang underwent emergency surgery and as of yesterday, was still in the hospital under observation. It's likely he will have difficulty using his leg and an aversion to the smell of fresh laundry for a long while, both of which outcomes are just terrible.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

"I used to watch Chinese drive buys, but then I took an arrow to the knee." - Dragonborn

(This is a Skyrim joke. If you don't get it, it's because you haven't payed Skyrim or are unfamiliar with the meme)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

INSANE Archery Combat Action!

Not that insane but really cool for any archers among us.

even cooler

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    That is awesome.

I've always wondered why archers are taught to shoot the arrow from the left side of the bow. It always seemed like it would be unnatural to me, especially in a combat situation, and this guy's shooting with the arrow from the right side shows that my suspicions were correct. Caveat: I am NOT an archer. Those were simply my thoughts/observations.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-09-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I've always wondered why archers are taught to shoot the arrow from the left side of the bow.
    In Kyudo you actually hold the arrow on the outside. But on the inside there is something called the archer's paradox making the arrow fly straight. I guess both methods have some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That is awesome.

I've always wondered why archers are taught to shoot the arrow from the left side of the bow. It always seemed like it would be unnatural to me, especially in a combat situation, and this guy's shooting with the arrow from the right side shows that my suspicions were correct. Caveat: I am NOT an archer. Those were simply my thoughts/observations.
    its a skill needed to shoot real war bows. ability to switch arms doubles the endurance of foot archers and allows horse archers to shoot 360 degrees, or lets you use one arm for archery while the other is fresh for melee combat.

the lifetime of training for real bows were to be able to shoot 120+ lb bows 100 times while maintaining accuracy, not prancing around trick shooting with 10 lb wood toy bows. just look at that danish guys hunched back and skinny arms, hes a fuk up.
    Last edited by bawang; 02-10-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I have trained in both left and right side when I was doing archery and the simple truth is:
    What works best for you is what you train, period.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    its a skill needed to shoot real war bows. ability to switch arms doubles the endurance of foot archers and allows horse archers to shoot 360 degrees,
    That's a different problem. The video talks about sticking the arrow to the inside or the outside of the bow from the archer's perspective when drawing the bow. The outside method is faster because the arrow does not have to be threaded through the frame. Real ambidexterity with bow and arrow is hard to achieve because you have one dominant eye. Not that it matters that much when shooting volleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    That's a different problem. The video talks about sticking the arrow to the inside or the outside of the bow from the archer's perspective when drawing the bow. The outside method is faster because the arrow does not have to be threaded through the frame. Real ambidexterity with bow and arrow is hard to achieve because you have one dominant eye. Not that it matters that much when shooting volleys.
    he is literally making sh1t up. he literally admits on video he self taught by reading a story book about archery. not even technique just stories. i have broken those wood toy bows after shooting 5 times

traditional archery use both side draws for either fast shooting or sniping, theres nothing mysterious about it, hes just having one of those convoluted talks blowing hot air, you see it in tai chi or wing chun all the time.
    Last edited by bawang; 02-10-2016 at 05:37 PM.

its a skill needed to shoot real war bows. ability to switch arms doubles the endurance of foot archers and allows horse archers to shoot 360 degrees, or lets you use one arm for archery while the other is fresh for melee combat.

the lifetime of training for real bows were to be able to shoot 120+ lb bows 100 times while maintaining accuracy, not prancing around trick shooting with 10 lb wood toy bows. just look at that danish guys hunched back and skinny arms, hes a fuk up.
    Well, I guess Apache killed with their toy bows then.

120 lbs on those old bows would be a long bow. Unless is was primitive backed/laminated.

Lars uses a 35lb draw and he does not always draw fully as one might see on his rapid fire shots. I wonder if your iron body will stop his toy bows arrow from penetrating you? Id pay to see and Ill even bet on you . Heck, you could probably catch the arrow and spit it back at him Bawang.

Please post yours or anyone else doing what he does. Got your hands on some Mongol bowman footage?

he is literally making sh1t up. he literally admits on video he self taught by reading a story book about archery. not even technique just stories. i have broken those wood toy bows after shooting 5 times

traditional archery use both side draws for either fast shooting or sniping, theres nothing mysterious about it, hes just having one of those convoluted talks blowing hot air, you see it in tai chi or wing chun all the time.

Even more impressive. He read a freaking book and can do what almost no one else alive can. But please, share the others videos. He cant be the only one. I bet you could find someone someplace doing what he does with your HolyGrail 120lb LongBow at 52 years of age.

Well, I guess Apache killed with their toy bows then.

120 lbs on those old bows would be a long bow. Unless is was primitive backed/laminated.

Lars uses a 35lb draw and he does not always draw fully as one might see on his rapid fire shots. I wonder if your iron body will stop his toy bows arrow from penetrating you? Id pay to see and Ill even bet on you . Heck, you could probably catch the arrow and spit it back at him Bawang.

Please post yours or anyone else doing what he does. Got your hands on some Mongol bowman footage?
    35 lb is literally picking up a sack of potatoes. any crippled retard can do what he does. theres nothing hard about trick shooting toy bows. thats why its a hunch backed danish eunuch and not real turkic archery masters on that video, because they dont mess around with stupid bullsh1t like that and real living archery traditions dont fuk around with that gay prancing and dancing sh1t. you would know if you actually tried real archery.

i understand you being amazed by it since you cant even do 20 fukin pushups and dont even train any real martial arts.
    Even more impressive. He read a freaking book and can do what almost no one else alive can. But please, share the others videos. He cant be the only one. I bet you could find someone someplace doing what he does with your HolyGrail 120lb LongBow at 52 years of age.
    anyone can do what that pasty scandanavian virgin does with 4 hrs of practice in one day. he is literally plucking the bow like a guitar, like 10 lb draw strength, shooting a little plate 5 feet in front of him. even aids patient can do this.

120 lb draw strength is what traditional kung fu considers famous master level archery. below that you are nobody. minimum human waste failure cannon fodder requirement in chinese army was 70 lb draw. english long bowmen from average peasant was 80lb to 90lb draw. if you actually train kung fu and is not a hilly billy krotty online verbal ego stroker you would know this.
    Last edited by bawang; 02-10-2016 at 08:15 PM.

35 lb is literally picking up a sack of potatoes. any crippled retard can do what he does. theres nothing hard about trick shooting toy bows. thats why its a hunch backed danish eunuch and not real turkic archery masters on that video, because they dont mess around with stupid bullsh1t like that and real living archery traditions dont fuk around with that gay prancing and dancing sh1t. you would know if you actually tried real archery.

i understand you being amazed by it since you cant even do 20 fukin pushups and dont even train any real martial arts.

anyone can do what that pasty scandanavian virgin does with 4 hrs of practice in one day. he is literally plucking the bow like a guitar, like 10 lb draw strength, shooting a little plate 5 feet in front of him. even aids patient can do this.

120 lb draw strength is what traditional kung fu considers famous master level archery. below that you are nobody. minimum human waste failure cannon fodder requirement in chinese army was 70 lb draw. english long bowmen from average peasant was 80lb to 90lb draw. if you actually train kung fu and is not a hilly billy krotty online verbal ego stroker you would know this.

Well I know you can't. In fact, I know you never could. That's a fact. Don't worry Bawang, your in good company. 99.9% of the world could not do that. Not with 4 hours a day. Not with 5. Not with anything. But im just a Hillbilly and your just a dumb**** that write dumb**** **** constantly like a couple of other.

And the reason is- YOU'RE THE BEST BAWANG !!!! You are the best! You are so ****ing hard dude, nothing could break your back except taking a breath !

70 something was my best push up number.

There was a time I did 300 a day. Total of course, not all at once. But then again,if you did the push ups as you directed me to and were honest. Where do you fall ? You are a chump dude !
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-10-2016 at 09:25 PM.