Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun - Poetry In Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I will take John words more then the writing here at any time. At least John compete in hundreds of sparing , johns sifu is unbeatable in china sc. If you think leung jan is great the John sifu Gm
    chang is the Leung jan of sc. That is reality.
    Once again a fallacious appeal to authority. You need a SC practitioner to justify your WCK. That says enough.

Don't you know your best opponent is your best friend to show you the truth?

This is John's sifu who never lost a match. John is his top student. If this not the excellent opportunity for reality check , what it is?

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/nsysuCMAC/6753947

1975年他应摩洛哥国王海珊的邀请,前去表演中国功夫。常先生以65岁高龄与王国卫队的卫士比试,卫士是 柔道和空手道高手,又年轻气盛,频频主动出击,不想始终采取守势的常乘势一个双推掌,那卫士一个屁股墩坐在 地上。第二次交手,卫士刚刚拉开势子,立站未隐,就被常一个“抹脖朴脚”,将卫士凌空踢翻。顿时,掌声腾起 ,国王和大臣们为常先生的精彩表演大加赞赏。晚宴上,国王亲自将一柄镶有宝古的佩刀赠给常先生,这是阿拉伯 人给予武士的最高荣誉。

At age of 65 he defeat the challenge of the guard of King Husein twice.

Name me any wingchun fighter in the past 100 years who has the record like Gm Chang.
    This is not movie but real life.

If you don't even know who is who in Chinese martial art society you probably watch too much Wck movies.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Once again a fallacious appeal to authority. You need a SC practitioner to justify your WCK. That says enough.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Exchanging with skilled practitioners of other styles for a 'reality check' is one thing, but appealing to the principles of their style or the authority of their skilled practitioners to justify your WCK is just wrong. SC is not WCK. Why don't you stop trying to understand WCK through SC and just switch styles?

Reality got nothing to do with the name of style.
    Law of physics never bend rule because you are wing chuner. Don't make other style practitioners laugh at the wcners of being fantasy. When your fantasy violating law of physics admit it instead of keep arguing . Because the more you argue the worst you become.

Exchanging with skilled practitioners of other styles for a 'reality check' is one thing, but appealing to the principles of their style or the authority of their skilled practitioners to justify your WCK is just wrong. SC is not WCK. Why don't you stop trying to understand WCK through SC and just switch styles?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-12-2013 at 10:08 PM.

So your WCK functions the same as SC?

Got nothing to do with style, the kuit John mention violate human and law of physics.

So your WCK functions the same as SC?

Did either of you receive transmission of these lines? If not, it is easy to misinterpret their intended meaning. They can be interpreted in other ways, as I've shown. I have no reason to defend them, but are you infallible and have some rare ability to understand implied meanings of vague expressions without transmission?

Got nothing to do with style, the kuit John mention violate human and law of physics.
    Then his expertise in SC is irrelevant.

What is relevant is he not receiving transmission of these lines and possibly misunderstanding them.

You can keep argue.
    John is a very experience fighter train by extremely experience undefeated tcma grandmaster.

In Cantonese this type of argue is called Sei Chang 死撐。only waste energy. It is being caught red handed but keep argue.

Then his expertise in SC is irrelevant.

What is relevant is he not receiving transmission of these lines and possibly misunderstanding them.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-12-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I just know you need to get off this John guy's nuts.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I just know you need to get off this John guy's nuts.
    Nice to see some humour enter the thread lol!

Name me any wingchun fighter in the past 100 years who has the record like Gm Chang.
    I really couldn't care less about fighting as you know and I started this thread so as we could discuss the kuit that I had recently been exposed to, because I actually thought there are people here who actually understand how kuit are put together and how their interpretations can be varied and confusing sometimes.

Seems to me that you are not even interested in other peoples findings Hendrik, and because it is obvious from your clips that you could never fight yourself out of a paper bag you are now using some poor SC practitioner as an example??

If I mention the Cho family of Wing Chun fighters do I get a medal?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

If you want to talk Wck, focus on the proper track.

If you want to talk Buddhism following the proper path.

Not using things just for your argument but misleading.
    You are joking surely.
    Your constant escape cause has been "i dont fight, im a buddhist" so don't criticise people for having a go at you

So, why defend the writing when it is nonsense, but just someone write it out of the blue and making it sound deep?
    As per your writings and clips

The writing is clear contradicting the wing chun fist issue from heart, clearly contradicting as John who is an expert in suai chio has post above.
    What does John and his style have to do with WC?
    Would you like some boxing tips of me perhaps?

How much $hit like this type of writing you want to release to the west to polluted the heck out of westerners ?
    You arrogant SOB. Im sure us poor westerners can look after ourselves, after all, most of us ignore you

Wck is all about combat physical momentum handling. There is no place for fantasy ideas.
    How would a non-fighting buddhist know?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

Seems to me that you are not even interested in other peoples findings Hendrik, and because it is obvious from your clips that you could never fight yourself out of a paper bag you are now using some poor SC practitioner as an example??

Sure , Gm Chang Tung Shen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_Tung_Sheng

is some poor SC practitioner.

Hahaha. Tell me which person in your lineage has this type of achievement in martial art?

That show which world you are living in.
    Toto, this is not Ipman movies series any more .

Btw, sorry to disappoint you with my clips, those are not movies as you expected.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-13-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    How would a non-fighting buddhist know?
    Mr. Armchair has the original pre 1850 wing chun DNA all you need to do is take a ride on his yoga ball to see.

Sure , Gm Chang Tung Shen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_Tung_Sheng

is some poor SC practitioner.

Hahaha. Tell me which person in your lineage has this type of achievement in martial art?
    Sounds like a great guy but nothing too special. There are thousands of great Martial Artists that don't get the exposure some of these old National Treasures do, but FWIW My own Sigung had a pretty awesome reputation and travelled throughout Asia whilst promoting Gok Shu. Never defeated either with his pole other than a little match with Lok Yiu that was agreed as 'even'.

My whole point is that SC has little, if anything, to do with this thread and the Kuit I shared here. Being a great wrestler has nothing to do with being able to understand Wing Chun Kuen Kuit, although I do appreciate Johns contribution I think he would say the same if I was to tell him that his training plans were wrong too.

That show which world you are living in.
    Toto, this is not Ipman movies series any more .

Btw, sorry to disappoint you with my clips, those are not movies as you expected.
    And there you go again... you didn't really mean it when you apologized did you?

I don't know what your fixation is with the Ip Man movies or Toto and Cansas, maybe you like little girlies in red shoes?? But I am under no illusion about what I do and how I have trained.

Some people will never understand what it takes to even do a performance of any martial art live on stage for even 10 minutes, and how much preparation and training goes into the rehearsal process. Kinda like that boxer that trains a thousand rounds to compete in 10, but you wouldn't understand that because you may never have pushed yourself in such ways. Not your fault so I understand.

Tell me, what do you know about Jiu Wan? Does he know nothing about the Wing Chun system? What if this kuit originates from him? What would you say then?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術