Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun is Bullsh!t

Wing Chun is Bullsh!t

This guy is classic had me in stiches a lot of what he said is true to some degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMj...e_gdata_player

Mmmmmmm maybe he has just watched the Ip Man flms.

In response he thought that sitting in front of some flowers on a camera, half dressed talking like Dr Dre would be a good way to make himself feel better.

If you want to show off you need to take some photos of yourself doing the splits.......or some sh1t? lmfao

That's got to be a pizz take surely!

Eight minutes of my life wasted.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Your wasted eight and mine ; ) little do people know what lies behind the innocuous hand positions.

There are other ones of him on YouTube putting the MA world to rights!

The guy is a goon!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    There are other ones of him on YouTube putting the MA world to rights!

The guy is a goon!
    Imo his a Jkd fantic who's lost the plot and theres more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-...e_gdata_player

WTF!?

Are there any of him actually doing some MA instead of talking with no clothes on?

one part had me dying

"imagine if 1000 years later, there's a bunch of fat men saying they practice Angelina Jolie's kung fu"

but after checking the link to his site, it seems like he should take his own advice on not using random "easy" Ving Tsun poses to look badass

http://freddiesmodernkungfu.com/wp-c...m-sweeping.jpg
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    This guy is classic had me in stiches a lot of what he said is true to some degree

Is that "bathroom" philosophy? It looks like he's sitting on the toilet taking dump! I guess we know what his opinion is worth!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Is that "bathroom" philosophy? It looks like he's sitting on the toilet taking dump! I guess we know what his opinion is worth!

Yes instead of it coming out the rear end that Sh!te came out the Gob hole

Wing Chun is Bull****

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post

Well , to me anybody can say alot of crap about WC if they really want to , but I dare this guy go and tell this things to all the WC sifus out there , and see what happens ?

The day I would really quit WC is when the day comes when all the sifus who studied under Ip Man themselves or Ip Mans' disciples themselves get all beaten up , by people who practice other forms of martial arts in combat .WC People like the very popular people . Like GM William Cheung , Sifu Leung Ting , Sifu Augustine Fong , and the list goes on and on . Alot of people can talk bad about WC , but I want them to go out and really challenge these WC people and really see what happens . Sure Sifu Gary Lam got punched at one of his seminars , but that ' s only 1 out of all the WC sifus and their students in this world today .

he comes across as abit of a bell, but has a few good points, its not the system its the man... thats about where i stopped the vid as his voice was pretty annoying

did anyone see this video of his : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1sr...07BBF73FB20CA5 ?

i've never done taekwondo but this looks like a joke?!

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    The day I would really quit WC is when the day comes when all the sifus who studied under Ip Man themselves or Ip Mans' disciples themselves get all beaten up.
    everyone can lose, them getting beat isn't a good enough reason for you to quit WC
    I guess we are who we are

Well , to me anybody can say alot of crap about WC if they really want to , but I dare this guy go and tell this things to all the WC sifus out there , and see what happens ?

The day I would really quit WC is when the day comes when all the sifus who studied under Ip Man themselves or Ip Mans' disciples themselves get all beaten up , by people who practice other forms of martial arts in combat .WC People like the very popular people . Like GM William Cheung , Sifu Leung Ting , Sifu Augustine Fong , and the list goes on and on . Alot of people can talk bad about WC , but I want them to go out and really challenge these WC people and really see what happens . Sure Sifu Gary Lam got punched at one of his seminars , but that ' s only 1 out of all the WC sifus and their students in this world today .
    I hear you .Your WC should not be measured by the standard of others there indivduals not imortals Your the systems master not it's slave . As for the GL incident that wasn't no biggy the guy shot past his fook sao he recovered and saved face. But in the process revealed his flaws due to his own lazyness in not keeping his game sh!t tight . The moral being Your never bigger than the system Kung fu requires hard work !

There are a lot of people who share many of his valid criticisms of the people let me emphasize people in wing chun. Yes he is in love with jkd and yes he is a bit off the wall. He could go say this same stuff to the wing chun sifus and what do you think would happen? Nothing. Are you suggesting they would beat him silly when they have never beaten anyone again anyone.

That is his point they are all talk and demo and chi sau. Yes yes yes they know the system and can teach it but when talking actually using their wing chun in fighting where is there any evidence besides stories?

The only valid reason to practice any martial art is for what you get out of it. The only reason to look to others is to see the potential that the training offers. Unfortunately most of the big names only talk and demo when have you seen any of them put on gloves and bang? That is at the root of the criticism of wing chun that people talk about fighting but don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    I always told people that the only reason to train is to become a better person.
    I think that is all warm and fuzzy and deserves a hug. I am not so enlightened as you. I do martial arts and other sports because I enjoy them and get something from them.

I know that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so maybe you can explain to me how training and practicing to get better at beating other people up makes anyone a better person.

You do bring up a valid discussion point about "put on the gloves and bang." I know from my own training experience that most fights do not make it to the front page. They don't even make it out the door. If I say I was a fighter, I cannot share with you the different levels of engagement, different types of opponents, no gloves, no sanctioning, that I had to endure to get to the level of training I wanted to get to. Any one of the people who have obtained celebrity in their respective arts has done so by first walking their talk. They have 'lost' more than they have 'won'. The point is that they survived to fight another day, get hit less, hit the other guy more, use a technique they have been working on for ten years and make it work, walk out of there without limping or in a sling. You survive anyway you can in this business until the point where everybody starts listening to you because you have been around long enough to be listened to. That is the best it gets. There is no glory in self-improvement. You pretty much wind up being the last man standing because you are a survivor, not necessarily the best fighter. So by default everybody starts listening to the last man standing. That is the best it gets.
    I am not talking about glory. You have not heard about the 99.9% of the real boxers who are in the gyms banging every day. They have no glory. They are banging so that they can improve since that is the means to self improvement in a fighting art. Iit may surprise you but boxers have scraps outside the gym too and without gloves but they still go back to banging in the gym for good reason.

When you say these guys get hit less, hit the other guy more, walk out without a sling and so forth what are you talking about? Who are they fighting? when? where? Iam sorry but this is a day dream. This is what you should be saying about the boxers, the mt guys and so forth not the wing chun guys.

As far as Freddy goes, God bless 'em. He is young. I read a quote from Einstein several days ago, "I am not young enough anymore, to know everything." A lot of you guys have not been around long enough to see who is left standing and you will not know if you are going to be left standing in training in one, five, ten, twenty, or more years. You do not know what the fates hold for you. Just keep training with good heart connected to a clear mind and day after day, and year after year, the art slowly reveals itself to you. Be patient with yourselves. You will look at the art and at life much differently in five or ten years than you do now so do not be attached to how you think it should be. You keep training and the art will show you how it really is. Train for life.
    SKM
    That is armchair philosophy. The reality is we get better at what we practice. The root of criticism of wing chun is as I said that people talk about fighting but don't do it. They think they get better at fighting by forms and chi sau and San sau drills fed with their concepts. That is the punch line of the joke. All that stuff is good but like in boxing the pad work, skipping rope, bags and so forth is good but you only get better at banging by banging.
    Last edited by tc101; 08-13-2013 at 06:05 AM.