Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the power of willow

Try both YouTubes on willow and stance see if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I will try and grab a free half hour and sit it out but from skimming through I see no demonstration as such of a physical exercise to benefit my understanding YJKYM.

If you are simply talking I will have to listen and see.

Not fuzzy words for me as they explain my experience.

Probably practising all three at different times, if not more.

Rooting happens when a tree sets its roots firmly so as it can grow strong.

only power of willow involved in fighting is when someone smacks you on the head with a cricket bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shads View Post
    only power of willow involved in fighting is when someone smacks you on the head with a cricket bat.
    I am sorry but you are confused. Mr. Armchair Hendrik does not talk about fighting. He is a Buddhist and does not fight. This is why he practices wing chun so that he does not need to fight. He does SLT to reach samadhi state. You should listen to this guy who does not fight tell you how wing chun really works. He knows because he has read some kuit, he practices the forms. If you pay attention one day you too can have the willow power of non fighting.

Nice one , lmao !

Why is Jong or standing stake is critical in SNT training and Wck core development.

For those who have not yet watch my YouTube on stance in 1850 snt and wing chun 1850 power of willow. You need to watch it so you know the details of what I talk about specifically.

Refer to these two YouTubes,
    What happen is

Kneeling stance needs to always have a muscle grip power to stabilize the stance.

Rack needs to always have a wide based and holding structure to stabilize the stance.

Thus, when one needs to take a step of switch step, one always has to settle with this stabilizer . The stabilizer is actually causing stagnation , holding you back, and wasting power. Make those stance not able to response instantaneously.

As for in standing stake, one doesn't need these stabilizer in a large degree. So, Jong or standing stake actually more efficient and faster to response.

in jong, or standing stake, one needs to know the power of willow, or else one also will run in instability.

Thus, in mobility purpose Jong or standing stake is the key of SNT , and in. Addition, Jong develop Jin or force change path and jin flow to satisfy the force rise from ground or 力從地起 which both kneeling Stance and rack doesn't.

Thus, we know how this standing stake, power of willow, and force change flow are proper for the snt yjkym development. Only go this direction will one develop what was described in the wck past .

So are you wcners ready to switch to 1850 Wck snt ?
    It is just very simple to transform your kneeling stance or rack, just practice the two keys in the power of the willow YouTube. That will transform you instantaneously, suddenly you feel you don't need all those stabilizer power to stand stable with ease.
    Try it and see for yourself.

If you like it and want to go further, do YKT drill 1. For a week with ten mins per day . That is all, you transform .

indeed, Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer was quite the powerful witch
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Try both YouTubes on willow and stance see if you like it.
    So... I watched the clip Hendrik and have to say you are a hard man to understand because in the whole 30mins there seemed to be only about 2mins of important information from what I could make out?

I only wish you would try to understand me better and put in the same amount of time I do to try and understand you.

FWIW the 2mins of info I gather is special to you but for me this sort of thing was taught very very early in my training. We develop our YGKYM in a different way, and now I also know we are using a different language too. The 7th bow you mention under the foot (the sole) I have trained directly on the plum flower posts and I do not consider that the 7th of anything but it IS very important for ppl to understand at the very beginning so kudos for trying to bring it to light.

The stake too building from the base upwards through the 6 joints I have also done and my Sifu always talks of being loose and building from the base upwards so again I think I understand you.

But I get the feeling you will now tell me I am wrong but I can only expect that considering we have never met and you do seem to put across the air of ignorance when it comes to us westerners who train Wing Chun. I can only say I have tried so hope you can take something positive from my feedback...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Why is Jong or standing stake is critical in SNT training and Wck core development.

For those who have not yet watch my YouTube on stance in 1850 snt and wing chun 1850 power of willow. You need to watch it so you know the details of what I talk about specifically.

Refer to these two YouTubes,
    What happen is

Kneeling stance needs to always have a muscle grip power to stabilize the stance.

Rack needs to always have a wide based and holding structure to stabilize the stance.

Thus, when one needs to take a step of switch step, one always has to settle with this stabilizer . The stabilizer is actually causing stagnation , holding you back, and wasting power. Make those stance not able to response instantaneously.

As for in standing stake, one doesn't need these stabilizer in a large degree. So, Jong or standing stake actually more efficient and faster to response.

in jong, or standing stake, one needs to know the power of willow, or else one also will run in instability.

Thus, in mobility purpose Jong or standing stake is the key of SNT , and in. Addition, Jong develop Jin or force change path and jin flow to satisfy the force rise from ground or 力從地起 which both kneeling Stance and rack doesn't.

Thus, we know how this standing stake, power of willow, and force change flow are proper for the snt yjkym development. Only go this direction will one develop what was described in the wck past .
    Hendrik, I've watched both videos. I was looking for some concrete instruction. I found none. What do I mean by concrete instruction? I mean that, instead of a 30 minute video of basically you in front of a camera asking yourself questions and answering them, I mean something like more of a 5-10 minute video illustrating the exercises you are recommending. And by illustrating I mean you actually performing the exercises so someone could watch them and imitate. From there can be a start point for discussion.

Right now all there is consists of discussion, discussion, more discussion. Then a question and answer session with yourself, or one other. Arguments over what is "real" 1850 WCK. And that doesn't include other lineages. [HFY for example has a figure Hung Gun Biu in it's kuit over that same rough time period].

If you want YKT's legacy to continue, can you put a little more effort into organizing content in how you are teaching it? Can you demonstrate it so people can see it more easily and clearly?

I mean look at this post itself and think about it. Do you think an average person could read this and figure out what exercises they should do to get the result you describe? or how to do them?

I mean nobody wants to deny a lineage the right to exist. But c'mon, man.

Showing by doing rather than talking... Our Wing Chun Rehearsal

As I am quite open about how I practise and like to share, can you tell me what you see from one of my clips? Can you see the stake jong method in use during our rehearsal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivhI...rILU3MZRmKefHA

I ask that you notice why we 'jump' and pull our feet together at the end of the SLT set, as this is an indicator that we practise on the plum flower posts. Also during the set look how loose the upper & lower body is, it remains solid yet soft and natural, given away by the gentle rocking of the body, again an indicator that we do exaggerate for performances.

The Snake & Crane interaction is also one of our main methods to develop the YJKYM. The snake being myself and Barry (the stationary guys) and the cranes being the students moving across us with various hand sets. This is our signature Looksau training, which revolves the seed of bong, tan and fook in a compliant interactive drill. No attack or defence. Just pure mobile fusion This helps the body get used to the 'aliveness' of the fight and make the tiny adjustments needed to remain in fusion with our training partners.

There are moments when me and B stand back to back and begin to apply small tests for the students to receive before going into further single man drills and the final attack and defence exercises.

I am fully aware of how different we look to the regular Wing Chun we can all see online and this is just one of our reasons for creating small troupes like this for demonstrations. I feel we give a good image of our Wing Chun system taught by our Sifu, and it is a nice representation of the Lee Shing Family although others may well disagree.

I leave it for you to spend 10mins to see if what I am saying makes any sense to you or anyone else here at all...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

1. What I present is Wck common dinominator it is not my right Wck and your wrong Wck.

2. If you have it great!

So... I watched the clip Hendrik and have to say you are a hard man to understand because in the whole 30mins there seemed to be only about 2mins of important information from what I could make out?

I only wish you would try to understand me better and put in the same amount of time I do to try and understand you.

FWIW the 2mins of info I gather is special to you but for me this sort of thing was taught very very early in my training. We develop our YGKYM in a different way, and now I also know we are using a different language too. The 7th bow you mention under the foot (the sole) I have trained directly on the plum flower posts and I do not consider that the 7th of anything but it IS very important for ppl to understand at the very beginning so kudos for trying to bring it to light.

The stake too building from the base upwards through the 6 joints I have also done and my Sifu always talks of being loose and building from the base upwards so again I think I understand you.

But I get the feeling you will now tell me I am wrong but I can only expect that considering we have never met and you do seem to put across the air of ignorance when it comes to us westerners who train Wing Chun. I can only say I have tried so hope you can take something positive from my feedback...

Great!

Continuous to get deeper.

As I am quite open about how I practise and like to share, can you tell me what you see from one of my clips? Can you see the stake jong method in use during our rehearsal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivhI...rILU3MZRmKefHA

I ask that you notice why we 'jump' and pull our feet together at the end of the SLT set, as this is an indicator that we practise on the plum flower posts. Also during the set look how loose the upper & lower body is, it remains solid yet soft and natural, given away by the gentle rocking of the body, again an indicator that we do exaggerate for performances.

The Snake & Crane interaction is also one of our main methods to develop the YJKYM. The snake being myself and Barry (the stationary guys) and the cranes being the students moving across us with various hand sets. This is our signature Looksau training, which revolves the seed of bong, tan and fook in a compliant interactive drill. No attack or defence. Just pure mobile fusion This helps the body get used to the 'aliveness' of the fight and make the tiny adjustments needed to remain in fusion with our training partners.

There are moments when me and B stand back to back and begin to apply small tests for the students to receive before going into further single man drills and the final attack and defence exercises.

I am fully aware of how different we look to the regular Wing Chun we can all see online and this is just one of our reasons for creating small troupes like this for demonstrations. I feel we give a good image of our Wing Chun system taught by our Sifu, and it is a nice representation of the Lee Shing Family although others may well disagree.

I leave it for you to spend 10mins to see if what I am saying makes any sense to you or anyone else here at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    [...]
    If you want YKT's legacy to continue, can you put a little more effort into organizing content in how you are teaching it? Can you demonstrate it so people can see it more easily and clearly?
    I think this is some great advice for Hendrik. On a positive note, I do see some improvement in articulation with each iteration.

Great advise thanks!

Do you follow me? Do you get it? May be you can share your view l that way I know how the receiving side see.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I think this is some great advice for Hendrik. On a positive note, I do see some improvement in articulation with each iteration.

lol, but I think Hendrick is US based so you might have to post a clip to explain the cricket reference.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook