Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quote of the Week Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Living the dream,,,,
    Hell yeah. Food stamps and knock off Feyues. What else would you need?

Nice work Lads

Shonah Tovah my gentile brethren.

My favorite is Gene's Bawang is only in the second chamber...

Gene is generous.

Lucas welcome to unemployment, been there done that...just more time for Diablo 3.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

well im leaving a hostile work environment and with my salary, my unemployment will be pretty sweet. im going to take a few months off and focus on training. and change up my diet it needs some work. plus my roommate and i are going to start a small knife business soon, so we are going to spend the next however many months at the hammer.

plus hebrewhammer gta5 just came out.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    my roommate and i are going to start a small knife business soon
    Sounds cool. What brands of knives will you be selling?

I sold knives for a while - it didn't pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Sounds cool. What brands of knives will you be selling?
    Small ones. Lucas likes 'em small.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

well our ultimate goal is to do custom work by request only, however thats years down the road for us, to start out we are going in stages. to get off the ground our initial run will be targeted to a large culture in the city we live in, using special material that will be appealing to that group, all obtained and manufactured in this city, even including a cool little card that talks about the process, the city, and this cultures impact on the city we live in. this place is so trendy these things will sell themselves. the next stage will begin by focusing on primarily utility, hunting and survival. we're thinking about combat, but those knives are mostly for collectors compared to a purpose knife that will sell based on the service it can provide.

above all else we want to provide high quality blades that will last a lifetime. down the road we'll do any type of blade anyone wants. sword, spear, knife, etc.

hes the blacksmith, i'll just be his apprentice until i gain the skills through him, but i can handle the business side of things...ive talked to him about making practice martial arts blades as well.

we would like to offer practice blades that are real blades but unsharpened so that at any point an edge can be but on the blade and bring it live.

for every style of blade we make, we'll make a video showing stages of the creation process, and then the completed blade and edge, the blade in action performing what it was created to do, then another shot of the edge.

he's still got a full time gig so we're going to take the next 6 months or so and get some crafted and do a market test in the early spring here in town. i'll make sure and post in the other related arts section probably when we get our first run completed.
    Last edited by Lucas; 09-17-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling nazi
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by geneching View Post
    small ones. Lucas likes 'em small.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you the best on that. Top custom knife makers can make a good living at it. Will be looking forward to those pics!

I've made a few blades. I would like to put more time into that. I really enjoy putting time into the bevel and making nice handles. I dunno why, I just do. I started experimenting with micarta. You can make some nice stuff with very little resources. It's fun and I always enjoy making anything with a high level of precision. At least it's supposed to, but doesn't always turn out how you thought. Live and learn, right. I started with a forge made out of a coffee tin lined with gypsum plaster and sand(bout 50/50) powered by propane. It worked "ok". Not very efficient, but it was a good one to start on.

I've made knives and swords. It's a hard way to make a living.

But back on topic, while I hope I win the week with my -N- nominated quote, I must nominate Jimbo's recent contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How many people have done a drive-by nunchuking??
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its hella fun beotch. when online comes out you should get it so i can find you and mug you and steal your car and then shoot you in the knee. it'll be cool

that one made me laugh.

MightyB FTW

This isn't the funniest or the wittiest comment by any means, but it certainly feels like the one that's the most real.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    My family is friends of the victim.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    This is why I only go to Wal Mart if I need ammo or am low on my quota of desperation.
    That one made me laugh too.

Slow week so far...

...it's been all about facebook this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sima Rong View Post
    A boxing match doesnt usually involve bricks, blades, guns, or lava.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tupac Feihong

Quote Originally Posted by tungmojingjung View Post
    Wong Fei Hong, I think not, we role with Tupac here in Oakland...
    Maybe this is only funny to people in the five-one-oh.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips