Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: WSL on LSJC

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    No. You are dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Once again you show....you are dense!
    Yes. I am closely compacted in substance, and you are vapid.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    "don't chase arms" doesn't have to mean never seek arm contact. Instead it can be taken as meaning don't follow arms that are retreating out of the centre area.
    Chasing arms is chasing arms. It can happen on the central line too.

If you are seeking arm contact you may miss the open attack lines. That's why seeking the bridge means open attack lines, the path to the other side. Take daan-chi-sau for example. If the taan-sau partner's palm strike is not upward yet on the central line nonetheless, if you stay with it you are chasing arms on the central line. If you are seeking the open attack lines, you will just punch.

Seeking arm contact in the centre area can be a valid strategy. Above all it's likely to happen even if you are striking on an open line. Don't seek arm contact for its own sake at any cost, but be happy if it happens.
    There is no seeking arm contact in the VT I do, especially not as some of these guys are thinking, which is to stick and feel for the opponent's intentions and control their arms.

If arm contact happens it is only by virtue of the punching structure in the strategy of LSDD. It is purely a matter of course. Whether it happens or not, I'm hitting the opponent, not trying to feel intentions and control their arms.

And I never 'create arm contact myself when there is none'. That is an obstruction to me and I don't want to create it just so I can do something neat to deal with it before I can hit.

Arms in contact in the centre area is where WCK is supposed to excel. Playing the game where you excel is a good idea.
    In my VT we make good use of footwork and angling to lower the odds of the opponent. That is where we excel, not just because of skill, but of superior positioning giving us more tools than the opponent and more ability to use them. That is something seriously lacking in certain wing chun lineages. At no time will we want to have equal opportunity with the opponent, standing squared up straight in front of them like the start of a chi-sau drill. Yet many think they will fight like this nonetheless.

Also, aphorisms and metaphors can have multiple interpretations.
    Sure, but when they violate basic principles of the system, then they are objectively wrong. These guys have not been able to sufficiently explain the second phrase using their interpretation of 'bridge' as literal 'arm contact' that says when it doesn't exist, create it 'yourself'.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Not going to give our thinking for huen and distract all that tendon work : )
    No worries. I didn't expect you to contribute.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    No worries. I didn't expect you to contribute.
    Contribute ? But we are so bereft of tangible tans and tendonous huens, what could a simple abstract approach offer you ?

Contribute ? But we are so bereft of tangible tans and tendonous huens, what could a simple abstract approach offer you ?
    Well, I've no idea if you don't type anything.

What is Huen Sau to you, and what's its importance to your training?

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Well, I've no idea if you don't type anything.

What is Huen Sau to you, and what's its importance to your training?
    We use it as part of an attack, its a small sickle cutting action.

Hey, BPWT, doesn't this sound a bit like applying huen sau as "huen got sau" or "circle-cut hand" in LT's Biu Tze? But I don't want to upset anybody by implying that their understanding of WT/WC/VT isn't special.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

We are all special on this forum.

But yes, Grumble, sounds similar . And Kevin's use of the words 'sickle cutting' is nice, as many/most of the 'hands' (for want of a better word) are cutting in nature when you apply the motion.

It is one aspect.

Everything in the art should fit with the concepts and ideas, have a relevance for usage, be part of a larger training method, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    In my VT we make good use of footwork and angling to lower the odds of the opponent. That is where we excel, not just because of skill, but of superior positioning giving us more tools than the opponent and more ability to use them. That is something seriously lacking in certain wing chun lineages. At no time will we want to have equal opportunity with the opponent, standing squared up straight in front of them like the start of a chi-sau drill. Yet many think they will fight like this nonetheless.
    Most styles not just Wing Chun have the same idea (agree some do not). I'm glad that in your opinion you excel at it because unfortunately the opponent will most likely have exactly the same ideas about obtaining superior angles and positioning.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Thanks for your responses
    fcuk me a polite response..... you lost mate? stumbled into the wrong forum?

Why are you cutting sickles??????