Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WSL on LSJC

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Why is it such a struggle for you to say?
    I just choose to represent myself and my own understanding of the system. VT is about the individual and what they can do with it, after all. The sifu PB recommended to me is the second man in the video above.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I just choose to represent myself and my own understanding of the system. VT is about the individual and what they can do with it, after all. The sifu PB recommended to me is the second man in the video above.
    That's not a bad thing but you should share the thinking of your Teacher else subtle ideas may be lost and WSLVT will end up like LTWT.

Chen Kin Man would be who I would choose if I was based in HK. I have met him several times and trained in his school. He was the guy that told me PB was the best and I had made the right choice to become his student. I didn't need any convincing though. The proof is in the pudding.

I hope that is the conversation over and I'm still not sure why you had to start it as if you were trying to disprove my POV. Like I said the video is correct but only one piece of the jigsaw. If people think that LSJC is purely to make arm contact and when it is removed thrust forward I will disagree to the cows come home. LSJC is not about making arm contact. Its about using the whole body correctly as a driving force. Of course of arm contact is made during striking then we have the tools in order to deal with it and continue. No time for sensing energy.

I hope that is the conversation over and I'm still not sure why you had to start it as if you were trying to disprove my POV. Like I said the video is correct but only one piece of the jigsaw. If people think that LSJC is purely to make arm contact and when it is removed thrust forward I will disagree to the cows come home. LSJC is not about making arm contact. Its about using the whole body correctly as a driving force. Of course of arm contact is made during striking then we have the tools in order to deal with it and continue. No time for sensing energy.[

Ahhhhhh, so you do deal with those pesky arms G???

I hope that is the conversation over and I'm still not sure why you had to start it as if you were trying to disprove my POV. Like I said the video is correct but only one piece of the jigsaw. If people think that LSJC is purely to make arm contact and when it is removed thrust forward I will disagree to the cows come home. LSJC is not about making arm contact. Its about using the whole body correctly as a driving force. Of course of arm contact is made during striking then we have the tools in order to deal with it and continue. No time for sensing energy.
    Well, I agree with that completely. Just your previous statement seemed to deny the whole springing energy effect altogether. It is certainly not the highest end of training or anything, but it is an integral part of WSLVT as I've been learning it, in various schools.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Ahhhhhh, so you do deal with those pesky arms G???
    Of course! Its a bi-product of fighting but unlike most systems of WC I don't over indulge in them pesky arms and protest that WC is about making contact with arm bridges, sensing energy and using that energy in order to defeat the opponent somehow. Nor do I think the system teaches you to have a feel around and take advantage of holes and gaps. This is where WC has gone wrong due to the fact that in the beginning we use arm contact drill training to improve ones structure, balance, force etc etc etc............................................... .....

Well, I agree with that completely. Just your previous statement seemed to deny the whole springing energy effect altogether. It is certainly not the highest end of training or anything, but it is an integral part of WSLVT as I've been learning it, in various schools.
    Yes I do because when I first met PB he said "no springy energy, only force from the whole body!" and I didn't understand what he was on about considering that's what I had been taught before. After months of hard work it started to sink in.

Of course! Its a bi-product of fighting but unlike most systems of WC I don't over indulge in them pesky arms and protest that WC is about making contact with arm bridges, sensing energy and using that energy in order to defeat the opponent somehow. Nor do I think the system teaches you to have a feel around and take advantage of holes and gaps. This is where WC has gone wrong due to the fact that in the beginning we use arm contact drill training to improve ones structure, balance, force etc etc etc............................................... .....
    Well why didnt you just say so in the 1st place!

I don't contradict myself you muppett. You are starting to sound like BPWT!
    You rang?

Nor do I think the system teaches you to have a feel around and take advantage of holes and gaps.
    But that would be your misconception. The feeling is not about 'feeling around', it is responding to force - responding automatically. Not feeling around to try and ascertain what should come next.

I don't contradict myself you muppett. You are starting to sound like BPWT!
    You contradict yourself all the time. Not just from thread to thread, and not only within single threads, you actually sometimes contradict yourself in a single post.

You say blindfolded Chi Sau is bullsh*t, then you say it has some value.

You say you don't judge from watching videos, but then judge a video.

You say of LSJC that some believe "...when it is released we should thrust forward using some kind of springy energy. That is a common misconception", then say WSL was right in saying the same thing, but that he was only saying this "for beginners".

You say you don't hold value in the meaning of words in Wing Chun, then you say someone else's definition of a word is wrong.

The list goes on...
    Last edited by BPWT; 08-13-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Oh dear................

Ok I'm out of here!

Oh dear................ Ok I'm out of here!
    There's no shame in running But you don't have to tell us you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    There's no shame in running But you don't have to tell us you're going.
    Listen dude, if LFJ can't understand my thinking then you have no chance with your problem filled funny Wing Tsun. It's a shame I can't show him in action then there would be no arguments. It may come across as contradictory but it is not. It's simple and easy to understand. You just have to be in the same room and open to questions and exchanges. That can never happen on here.

If you all of a sudden started to agree with any of it and claimed that you understand I know there would be a problem!

If you all of a sudden started to agree with any of it and claimed that you understand I know there would be a problem!
    Yes, bubbles would burst. I think there is far more in common with some of the things WSL said and with what I learn, than many would believe.

Mostly because a) most people don't understand what the LTWT system is, b) people freely interpret the words of WSL to mean vastly different things, c) people are still living in the my-WT/VT/WC-is-the-best-ever- world and just aren't open-minded enough to see the commonalities and the opportunities that come with them.

Hey-ho! The Wing Chun world is what it is.

LGBT is not a fighting system...

LGBT has nothing to do with fighting...
    Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transexual? Care to share, LFJ?

But indeed, they has nothing to do with fighting. Persian rugs. They also have nothing to do with fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Persian rugs. They also have nothing to do with fighting.
    I was in a Persian Rug factory in Turkey a few weeks ago. There was more Wing Chun going on in there than there is on this forum sometimes!