Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So ive been watching Hendriks video's....

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Trying to associate turning with good wc ? That's like drunk driving.
    WSL used turning and shifting all the time, maybe he was constantly ****ed
    Its what's wrong with WC today - all the senior practitioners are constantly wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by Shads View Post
    Its what's wrong with WC today - all the senior practitioners are constantly wrecked
    WSL allowed his opponents to physically turn him? That's what WC1277 has been talking about; allowing his opponent to turn him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    WSL allowed his opponents to physically turn him? That's what WC1277 has been talking about; allowing his opponent to turn him.
    God, I love how your bunch hinges on one thing and lose the entire context. I said, in so many words, not to fight the force and allow it to a point until the position to switch. I was explaining the balanced rotation from receiving to recover positioning and I also explained where it is initiated as well. They're the same!

You guys are unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Spent some time the other day watching a few of his recent videos and, if nothing else, i admire his passion for what he believes and is trying to get across.

Having said that, i personally feel that around 80-90% of the videos is wasted time and he appears to be over complicating the message he is trying to get across.

As an example of a video showing technique, principals etc here is a clip of an old school boxer called Charley Burley, one of the true past masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81non05aKX4

What i like about this video is the balance it achieves between theory, comparison, analogy and actual footage of fighting... boxing in this case... and in particular how it compares new to old.

Am i expecting Hendrik to do a video like this? No, but personally i find this 8 minute clip gives me a better understanding of the topic at hand than 5 of Hendriks 30 minute lecture's, and perhaps he should view this video and take on board how it conveys its ideas so well

Thoughts?
    More than likely, the guy who made that video has a good amount of fight experience under his belt and can make an informed analysis that is easily conveyed. That's the difference between that and those who do much of the pontificating and theorizing that goes on in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    More than likely, the guy who made that video has a good amount of fight experience under his belt and can make an informed analysis that is easily conveyed. That's the difference between that and those who do much of the pontificating and theorizing that goes on in this forum.
    Yep, my point exactly.

As i said in my 1st post, its a nicely balnced clip beteeen theory and application. But youre right, the maker of the clip understands fighting (boxing in this case) and can explain the theories from a practical point of view.

Hendriks response showing "classical WC" turning too much shows, to me, an unrealistic understanding of fighting.

I pretty much feel the same way. I wish nothing but success for the guy, but to talk so much and so in depth about a way which is supposedly superior or more complete in a sense, and then to show absolutely nothing to prove it...it's just too hard to believe.
    Mate, im 100% with you. I guess what really gets me angry with him is that when people like myself ask for more practical explanations of what he is saying he just repeats himself with the inference we dont know "real" WC

Nearly in every other case on this forum we see any demonstration video responded to with constant requests of "why not post a real fight?" In this case however, it's at a point where even a solid example of YK snake engine or YK wing chun power generation on an inanimate object would suffice.
    Totally agree again. Im not needing to see him fight but some work with some partners (he had people there recently) would suffice. But all there is is talk and maybe a slap of a dummy or similar.

Funny enough, his response to my post is the same asa ever..... talk talk talk with not a lot of substance.
    Either he cant or wont speak at our crude level

Spent some time the other day watching a few of his recent videos and, if nothing else, i admire his passion for what he believes and is trying to get across.

Having said that, i personally feel that around 80-90% of the videos is wasted time and he appears to be over complicating the message he is trying to get across.

As an example of a video showing technique, principals etc here is a clip of an old school boxer called Charley Burley, one of the true past masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81non05aKX4

What i like about this video is the balance it achieves between theory, comparison, analogy and actual footage of fighting... boxing in this case... and in particular how it compares new to old.

Am i expecting Hendrik to do a video like this? No, but personally i find this 8 minute clip gives me a better understanding of the topic at hand than 5 of Hendriks 30 minute lecture's, and perhaps he should view this video and take on board how it conveys its ideas so well

Thoughts?
    That is a how videos ARE SUPPOSE to be done.
    To borrow the DBMA mantra:
    See it taught, See it fought.
    You can NOT separate theory from practice.
    If you can't show it fought, then it shouldn't be taught.

I have found that you don't need 10's of minutes to describe an MA "theory", not unless you are trying to over complicate it to make it seem more than it really is.

That video should be the template for all others.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Shads View Post
    Of course WSL did turn, pivot, etc... but for a simple reason ; ) not for wc1277 reasons.

If One don't know the proper way of yjkym , one don't even know basic Wck. one must be joking to use Wck for fighting as some always claim.

My video address the basic common denominator of Wck , never get out of the boundary of Wck teaching. If one can't even do that forget about using Wck in fighting. One don't even know Wck basic .

Wck is not boxing with Wck technics.
    How can one judge Wck fighting when one is clueless even on how to stand properly in yjkym?

Instead of posting boxing clip which got nothing to do with Wck . why don't you post your lineage Wck best instruction clip here and see is it fighting proper? Put you sifu, sigung clips up. Even better put your own clip up to show us your wck for fighting.
    And let everyone here see and compare and see how realistic or applicable your clips for wck in fighting? Instead of playing back sit driver.

Talk is cheap.

Yep, my point exactly.

As i said in my 1st post, its a nicely balnced clip beteeen theory and application. But youre right, the maker of the clip understands fighting (boxing in this case) and can explain the theories from a practical point of view.

Hendriks response showing "classical WC" turning too much shows, to me, an unrealistic understanding of fighting.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-16-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    God, I love how your bunch hinges on one thing and lose the entire context. I said, in so many words, not to fight the force and allow it to a point until the position to switch. I was explaining the balanced rotation from receiving to recover positioning and I also explained where it is initiated as well. They're the same!

You guys are unbelievable!
    You're the dubious one : / the more I refute your thinking the more I will enlighten you, so enjoy your turning delusions.

Talk is cheap.

Oh the irony of it all !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Oh the irony of it all !!
    just when you think this forum has hit rock bottom it finds new depths doesn't it

One issue of this forum is

Some likes to give their five cents but they don't even practice Wck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    just when you think this forum has hit rock bottom it finds new depths doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    One issue of this forum is

Some likes to give their five cents but they don't even practice Wck.
    Two issues actually people getting their facts wrong and pontificating endlessly when they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag

oh and my wing chun comes from yip man lineage and vietnam

Show your YouTube to make your point,
    Otherwise, we are not different as what we say , isn't it? Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Two issues actually people getting their facts wrong and pontificating endlessly when they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag

oh and my wing chun comes from yip man lineage and vietnam
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.