Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So ive been watching Hendriks video's....

I recall Hendrick saying that the fighting aspect of WCk i not important to him, that it isn't even really what WCK is about and since he has no interest in that aspect I don't think it's fair to ask him to post fighting clips.
    Just like you won't ask a fighter to post of clip of him pontificating about needlepoint.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Good for you. But is that Wck?

I present what It is as the title of my clip. a part of Wck, related to Wck. It is a Wck forum here. Not mma grappling .

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    mmm ive posted clips of myself in grappling matches and also sparring at my MMA gym, so i can atleast throw my way out of a paper bag if not punch my way out

your turn how about an actual clip of you with a real live opponent punching you and not just a stability ball
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-16-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Do you do Wck?
    If yes, is your yjkym a kneeling stance, a rack, and stake?

If you can't clarify it. Put a YouTube out on your yjkym while you are practicing snt, I am sure many in this forum will be able to help you clarify what are you practicing.

you actually think you clips CLARIFY things???

Everyone has their different interest, you like to post fighting it is fine with me. I don't go around and demanding you to post your biu Jee set even though this is a Wck forum. Thus, you walk your path I walk mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I recall Hendrick saying that the fighting aspect of WCk i not important to him, that it isn't even really what WCK is about and since he has no interest in that aspect I don't think it's fair to ask him to post fighting clips.
    Just like you won't ask a fighter to post of clip of him pontificating about needlepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Everyone has their different interest, you like to post fighting it is fine with me. I don't go around and demanding you to post your biu Jee set even though this is a Wck forum. Thus, you walk your path I walk mine.
    And that is my point exactly.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    I don't go around and demanding you to post your biu Jee set even though this is a Wck forum.
    Just find an old clip on my 标指(Biao Zhi) form to prove that I did cross trained WC when I was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epncg...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

John,

Great!
    Good old clip!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Just find an old clip on this to prove that I did cross trained WC when I was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epncg...ature=youtu.be

Why should one take color blind advise on color?
    But what you do to understand is YOU are the one who is color blind. You have blinders on. The only thing that will help you is to get them knocked off by doing some hard sparring and seeing for yourself that all you willow power and thoughts on the yjkym and so on are meaningless because they are all arm chair musings. Deep in your heart you fear seeing this and so you will avoid it at all costs.

What you do not understand and everyone keeps trying to tell you is that increased fighting performance is the goal of wing chun training and so the proof of your ideas is though showing increased fighting performance. You can't and never will show that and neither will your followers. That is why you try to talk physics and pseudo science and o forth because for emphasis YOU CANNOT SHOW INCREASED FIGHTING PERFORMANCE. You will try to pass the buck with your try it or yourself and see tactic but this again is YOU dodging it. It also shows you are talking about something you do not know and cannot do.

You can't even stand a proper yjkym, so forget about playing expert in Wck critics.

Well, you can prove me wrong to post a photo of you or YouTube of your yjkym. Until then, what can you say? I am always can admit I am wrong about you, however, you need to show your evidence.
    This is just more of your dodging tactics. It doesn't matter if anyone posts because anytime a person does not do it YOUR way it is wrong or not even wing chun. This is how you always deal with critics. Who are YOU to pass judgement anyway? Show me your wing chun. Everything I see you do is wrong. Did you even learn from a proper wing chun sifu? I do not think so.

The other thing you do is try to shift attention when people ask to see you do what you say to do. Of course you can't so you always say show me instead. Sorry Mr Armchair but you are the guy making the claims and pretending to be an authority so you are the one who needs to show that your ideas are not the horse manure we ll think they are.

I know you have no skill and are not teaching what you can do but instead teaching how you think things should work. Until you get out of the arm chair thing cannot change.

Why should one take color blind advise on color?
    Because a little color, even that selected by a color blind person, could possibly provide enough variety to prevent someone from falling asleep while watching your videos?

Sorry not interested to waste my time with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    But what you do to understand is YOU are the one who is color blind. You have blinders on. The only thing that will help you is to get them knocked off by doing some hard sparring and seeing for yourself that all you willow power and thoughts on the yjkym and so on are meaningless because they are all arm chair musings. Deep in your heart you fear seeing this and so you will avoid it at all costs.

What you do not understand and everyone keeps trying to tell you is that increased fighting performance is the goal of wing chun training and so the proof of your ideas is though showing increased fighting performance. You can't and never will show that and neither will your followers. That is why you try to talk physics and pseudo science and o forth because for emphasis YOU CANNOT SHOW INCREASED FIGHTING PERFORMANCE. You will try to pass the buck with your try it or yourself and see tactic but this again is YOU dodging it. It also shows you are talking about something you do not know and cannot do.

This is just more of your dodging tactics. It doesn't matter if anyone posts because anytime a person does not do it YOUR way it is wrong or not even wing chun. This is how you always deal with critics. Who are YOU to pass judgement anyway? Show me your wing chun. Everything I see you do is wrong. Did you even learn from a proper wing chun sifu? I do not think so.

The other thing you do is try to shift attention when people ask to see you do what you say to do. Of course you can't so you always say show me instead. Sorry Mr Armchair but you are the guy making the claims and pretending to be an authority so you are the one who needs to show that your ideas are not the horse manure we ll think they are.

I know you have no skill and are not teaching what you can do but instead teaching how you think things should work. Until you get out of the arm chair thing cannot change.

Sorry not interested to waste my time with you.
    Yes as I expected because I know you and you can't fool me and I will not fall for your dodges. You really represent what is wrong in wing chun.

Dear oh dear Hendrik..... somone has got a bit upset havent they.
    Let me re address a few things....

Spent some time the other day watching a few of his recent videos and, if nothing else, i admire his passion for what he believes and is trying to get across.
    Ive actually given you a bit of credit here if you hadnt noticed

Having said that, i personally feel that around 80-90% of the videos is wasted time and he appears to be over complicating the message he is trying to get across.
    I think everyone here on the forum is in agreement with this. Its called constructive criticism.
    Your choice to take it on board i guess

As an example of a video showing technique, principals etc here is a clip of an old school boxer called Charley Burley, one of the true past masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81non05aKX4

What i like about this video is the balance it achieves between theory, comparison, analogy and actual footage of fighting... boxing in this case... and in particular how it compares new to old.
    Seriously, did you watch it? You havent made a single comment about it except to go of in a tangent about people who dont know WC
    I put the clip up for the way its put together, not its content, though i am a boxer and fan of the man.

Am i expecting Hendrik to do a video like this? No, but personally i find this 8 minute clip gives me a better understanding of the topic at hand than 5 of Hendriks 30 minute lecture's, and perhaps he should view this video and take on board how it conveys its ideas so well
    The clip gets its message across clearly......... you think yours do a better job?

Instead of posting boxing clip which got nothing to do with Wck . why don't you post your lineage Wck best instruction clip here and see is it fighting proper? Put you sifu, sigung clips up. Even better put your own clip up to show us your wck for fighting.
    And let everyone here see and compare and see how realistic or applicable your clips for wck in fighting? Instead of playing back sit driver.

Talk is cheap.
    Whatever you might think about his own clips, Hendrik does have a point here. There are zero wing chun clips posted from his critics

mmm ive posted clips of myself in grappling matches and also sparring at my MMA gym, so i can atleast throw my way out of a paper bag if not punch my way out
    Why is this relevant to discussion of wing chun?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Whatever you might think about his own clips, Hendrik does have a point here. There are zero wing chun clips posted from his critics
    To be honest, i dont see many i like and i think the one i posted is a high standard in both content and structure..... something Hendriks lack

Im fine with Hendrik putting up his clip which i say at the start of this thread, my problem is his attitude.

Quite simply, if you are going to get on a forum of WCers, tell them your way is the way... in fact it can even transform you.... then putting in some decent content to back up your claims is hardly asking too much.

As i said, he had folks over recently training, why wouldnt you video it to show the "transformation"?