Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So ive been watching Hendriks video's....

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Do you do Wck?
    If yes, is your yjkym a kneeling stance, a rack, and stake?

If you can't clarify it. Put a YouTube out on your yjkym while you are practicing snt, I am sure many in this forum will be able to help you clarify what are you practicing.
    lol

Do any non-armchair fighters really give a hoot? If you learned it properly and it's functional, that's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    lol

Do any non-armchair fighters really give a hoot? If you learned it properly and it's functional, that's all you need to know.
    Exactly, but he wont agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    To be honest, i dont see many i like and i think the one i posted is a high standard in both content and structure..... something Hendriks lack

Im fine with Hendrik putting up his clip which i say at the start of this thread, my problem is his attitude.

Quite simply, if you are going to get on a forum of WCers, tell them your way is the way... in fact it can even transform you.... then putting in some decent content to back up your claims is hardly asking too much.

As i said, he had folks over recently training, why wouldnt you video it to show the "transformation"?
    Your point is a but different in that you are criticizing Hendrik's teaching method and content of his clips. I think this is fair enough and to be honest I have done this myself. I find his clips quite difficult to get through.

I think Hendrik has a valid point against critics like tc101, la roux and frost who want to criticize his wing chun while being incredibly cagey about their own wing chun (to the point that it is difficult to believe they do wing chun)

Your point is a but different in that you are criticizing Hendrik's teaching method and content of his clips. I think this is fair enough and to be honest I have done this myself. I find his clips quite difficult to get through.
    I concur.... good word concur

I think Hendrik has a valid point against critics like tc101, la roux and frost who want to criticize his wing chun while being incredibly cagey about their own wing chun (to the point that it is difficult to believe they do wing chun)
    Not so sure about laroux and TC, but Frost has been pretty open about his training.
    But having said that, do you need to do WC to criticise his attitude?

Not so sure about laroux and TC, but Frost has been pretty open about his training.
    But having said that, do you need to do WC to criticise his attitude?
    They are criticising Hendrik's wing chun from a position of complete anonymity, not commenting on the way he delivers his videos. All of the things they compare with hendrik's wing chun are sports MA like boxing or MMA. They are completely unwilling to show anything of their own wing chun or even a clip of wing chun they like. This makes their criticism very weak and I think Hendrik has a point.

If their point is that WC is cr@p compared to boxing or MMA then, ok, don't do wing chun. But why keep labouring the point on what is a wing chun forum?

They are criticising Hendrik's wing chun from a position of complete anonymity, not commenting on the way he delivers his videos. All of the things they compare with hendrik's wing chun are sports MA like boxing or MMA. They are completely unwilling to show anything of their own wing chun or even a clip of wing chun they like. This makes their criticism very weak and I think Hendrik has a point.
    Maybe he has a point to a degree, but, he amongst doesnt discriminate against those that disagree with him, his fall back is always "you dont know WC" to ANYONE that doesnt agree with him. TC, Frost and so on just like to ride him and, IMO, he asks for it all the time.

Look at his response to this thread. Its no secret we dont like eachother but i thought id give an objective criticism of his videos by comparing to one that i think is done very well.
    I didnt ask for WC death matches or anything like that from him, just suggested that the clip posted got the message across a lot clearer in the fraction of the time his does by use of videos of fights, comparisons etc.

His only response that i can see is the old "you dont do WC' response that is inevitably in all the threads he participates in.

To be honest, i bet he hasnt even watched the whole clip

If their point is that WC is cr@p compared to boxing or MMA then, ok, don't do wing chun. But why keep labouring the point on what is a wing chun forum?
    I do agree with you here but define "doing WC"?
    I know Frost as, an example, still uses some WC in his sparring and so on, so do i, so should he and i get of the forum as we arent pure?

When we are out there sparring non-wc guys, using wc, and then told we dont do wc ,do you not see how insulting that is?

Maybe he has a point to a degree, but, he amongst doesnt discriminate against those that disagree with him, his fall back is always "you dont know WC" to ANYONE that doesnt agree with him. TC, Frost and so on just like to ride him and, IMO, he asks for it all the time.
    Trolling Hendrik is a pointless waste of time. Better to ignore and talk about wing chun if you don't like it. People constantly baiting him is more tedious than watching some of his clips

Look at his response to this thread. Its no secret we dont like eachother but i thought id give an objective criticism of his videos by comparing to one that i think is done very well.
    I didnt ask for WC death matches or anything like that from him, just suggested that the clip posted got the message across a lot clearer in the fraction of the time his does by use of videos of fights, comparisons etc.
    I thought your post was fair and constructive

His only response that i can see is the old "you dont do WC' response that is inevitably in all the threads he participates in.

To be honest, i bet he hasnt even watched the whole clip
    Maybe you've just had too many arguments with him? I hope he goes back and reads it because I think his clips are hard to watch and the lack of physical demonstration against anything (let alone an opponent) makes it very hard to get anything from them.

I do agree with you here but define "doing WC"?
    I know Frost as, an example, still uses some WC in his sparring and so on, so do i, so should he and i get of the forum as we arent pure?

When we are out there sparring non-wc guys, using wc, and then told we dont do wc ,do you not see how insulting that is?
    I've no issue with anyone posting here but please, FFS, talk about wing chun and don't just ride the nuts of MMA or boxing or whatever. You mostly talk about wing chun or wing chun in comparison to other things. I have no problem with this

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Lol I am not being cagey I am expressing the basic idea that I do not believe there is any single one right or best way to do things in wing chun and anyone who thinks there is needs to step up and prove it. The whole idea of a single one right or best way is armchair and not based on experience sparring or fighting.

I do not care if Hendrik said this is how they train their wing chun in Yik Kam that would be interesting and informative. I do object when he says that if you are not using his willow power you are not even doing wing chun or doing it all wrong when a little girl would likely wipe the floor with him.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    I do object when he says that if you are not using his willow power you are not even doing wing chun or doing it all wrong when a little girl would likely wipe the floor with him.
    Maybe he objects when you claim that without gloved sparring like a boxer you can't be training wing chun correctly. Maybe he objects when you idolise sports like MMA and boxing on a wing chun forum. Just saying.

And you are being cagey with the fake name, no training info, and inability to post a single clip of wing chun that you actually like

Why is this relevant to discussion of wing chun?
    are you saying what he posts is relevant to a discussion on wing chun???

seriously i have yet to see more than 3 people agree with anything he says about wing chun his ideas are so out of sinc with most on this forum is it any more relevant than my statement?

who is cagey about his wing chun lineage? i started training it 11 years ago with my current sifu, (his teaches were Vietnamese and also from hong kong yip man lineage no big names as far as i know but i dont really care, his teaches could fight with it and so can he) thats what i cared about
    I trained it for a few years seriously: learned the three empty hand forms, the pole, and knifes (alongside CLF) before moving onto hakka arts which he also taught. we still practise it on occasion (more in partner drills and sparring than the forms although i can still do them if you put a gun to my head lol)

I find some use for it in the clinch and close range (and also funnily enough on the ground), but honestly i find it limiting and useful in a very specific range, and the reason i dont post clips of what i think are good wing chun in action because i honestly dont see much of it, i like alan orrs stuff for example but thats about it

i mostly post on clips relating to grappling, MMA and sparring, things i know about, oh and also to mock kevin and graham but thats another thread

If that is the case, then you are not practice Wck either.

How is one snt function properly without having proper yjkym? Don't know it is a kneeling stance, a rack stance or a stake stance? How doesn't one Wck function properly without a poper snt?

Is this a mma boxing forum I mistakenly post in?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    lol

Last edited by Hendrik; 08-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.

I don't talk Wck lineage but wck common denominator.
    Does one follow those common denominators? Does one really practice Wck ? Or just mimic sets?
    If one doesnt know Wck how can one know it is good Wck?

And, Whether one can fight or not is a totally different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    who is cagey about his wing chun lineage? i started training it 11 years ago with my current sifu, (his teaches were Vietnamese and also from hong kong yip man lineage no big names as far as i know but i dont really care, his teaches could fight with it and so can he) thats what i cared about

I trained it for a few years seriously: learned the three empty hand forms, the pole, and knifes (alongside CLF) before moving onto hakka arts which he also taught. we still practise it on occasion (more in partner drills and sparring than the forms although i can still do them if you put a gun to my head lol)

I find some use for it in the clinch and close range (and also funnily enough on the ground), but honestly i find it limiting and useful in a very specific range, and the reason i dont post clips of what i think are good wing chun in action because i honestly dont see much of it, i like alan orrs stuff for example but thats about it

i mostly post on clips relating to grappling, MMA and sparring, things i know about, oh and also to mock kevin and graham but thats another thread
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-17-2013 at 11:38 AM.

So, acording to you, are the following clips get thier message across , realistic in momentum handling ,and realistic in fighting?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...Dyoutube_gdata

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=czC3XdVNzgo&feature=relmfu

The clip gets its message across clearly......... you think yours do a better job?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    There are zero wing chun clips posted from his critics
    Zero is not the correct number.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Just find an old clip on my 标指(Biao Zhi) form to prove that I did cross trained WC when I was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epncg...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-17-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument