Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1550 Wing Chun

1550 Wing Chun

So i have been doing my research and am proud to release the original 1550 Wing Chun to you

The founder was Zhang Songxi (c. 1520- c.1590) a martial artist from the city of Ningbo, a busy port in Zhejiang Province (immediately north of Fujian).

Its a lengthy article but worth a read if you are interested in the origin of Wing Chun DNA

http://chinesemartialstudies.com/201...ern-wing-chun/

More soon.......for those that are interested!

Nice article. You are on a mission aren't you GlennR?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Nice article. You are on a mission aren't you GlennR?
    A mission?

Not quite to that level but im just highlighting the fact that other people, well researched from what i can see in this case, have other theories ideas etc

I think thats great ,and its great that Hendrik does as well, but the difference is that the author says things such as "my theory" , "it could be", "maybe this happened" and so on

He puts it forward as his theory and acknowledges that the period is too blurry and poorly documented to give facts regarding either history and/or definitive knowledge of where/how the style evolved.

Its a great, thought inducing article as are the others he has written on related topics.

Is he right? Dont know and neither does he.

What is the obvious, IMO, difference between Hendrik and this author is that he doesnt appear to have an agenda which Hendrik does.

Anyway, i obviously put this up as a bit of fun but i find it a pretty good site

the article traces wing chun back to qijiguang 32 taizu longfist

ROFL

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Rolling hedgehog , crouching tiger doesn't have that same ring to it ; )

You may have added fuel to the fire!

from the article:
    From my point of view, a dispassionate reading of the evidence would indicate that Wing Chun is also a product of the Pearl River, probably dating to the early or mid-19th century.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

I sure have an agenda, and my agenda is to provide key for every red boat Wck decendent to turn on their snt engine if they are willing to.

To turn on snt engine is not an opinion, not a marketing sweet talk. But provide key to turn on the engine.

Who cares about which author or i wrote what? Who has what theory. The bottom line is if you can't turn on the snt six elements of snt , all theory are garbage.

History is serving for tracking wck technology, not poetry writing class , not archeological paper writing, not bruerocratic carbon test for date code.

Do you know the Wck momentum DNA? Can you handling the force change the snt way? If not what's the point to spend all the time? Don't many say Wck is for fighting? How can one fight with Wck if one doesn't even develop the core technology?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

What is the obvious, IMO, difference between Hendrik and this author is that he doesnt appear to have an agenda which Hendrik does.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I sure have an agenda, and my agenda is to provide key for every red boat Wck decendent to turn on their snt engine if they are willing to.

To turn on snt engine is not an opinion, not a marketing sweet talk. But provide key to turn on the engine.

Who cares about which author or i wrote what? Who has what theory. The bottom line is if you can't turn on the snt six elements of snt , all theory are garbage.

History is serving for tracking wck technology, not poetry writing class , not archeological paper writing, not bruerocratic carbon test for date code.

Do you know the Wck momentum DNA? Can you handling the force change the snt way? If not what's the point to spend all the time? Don't many say Wck is for fighting? How can one fight with Wck if one doesn't even develop the core technology?
    Listen carefully, you seem hard of hearing and still dont get the point of my post.

Who confirms your theorys?

You talk of officials, what officials have ticked your ideas as correct?

Who else is releasing this information?

Has it been peer reviewed?

Basically, what makes you right?

Your body will confirm what I am saying is a fact when you use the key to practice snt.
    That simple.

Listen carefully, you seem hard of hearing and still dont get the point of my post.

Who confirms your theorys?

You talk of officials, what officials have ticked your ideas as correct?

Who else is releasing this information?

Has it been peer reviewed?

Basically, what makes you right?

Your body will confirm what I am saying is a fact when you use the key to practice snt.
    That simple.
    Who says so??

Why should anyone trust you when you can't tell anybody the answer to any of the questions you have been asked?

You don't have to. And I am not asking you.
    And in fact careless if you get it or not. Those who get their snt power up knows. That simple.

Who says so??

Why should anyone trust you when you can't tell anybody the answer to any of the questions you have been asked?

and what the hell is snt? small ninja turtle is the only thing i can think of
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    and what the hell is snt? small ninja turtle is the only thing i can think of
    Siu-nim-tau, the first form.

That simple.
    Ahhhhh, so blind faith without evidence is required??

So you are basically saying;

- You have no evidence to back your claims

- You have not had your research critiqued by people qualified to do so

- You are not willing to have your research peer reviewed

- You wont train with anyone unless they are an "1850er"

Pretty good case there to follow your ideas (sarcastic tone implied)

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Siu-nim-tau, the first form.

ooooh brain ****...thanks i always heard "siu lim tau" so didn't put it together!

edit: **** is censored? haha... guff?

edit2: turn on my snt engine? still don't get that :P
    Last edited by Pete; 08-21-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    I guess we are who we are