Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1550 Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    i always heard "siu lim tau" so didn't put it together!
    Often Hong Kong, or just "lazy", Cantonese pronunciation turns all the standard N's to L's, e.g. "nei hou" (hello) becomes "lei hou". Siu-nim-tau becomes Siu-lim-tau.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Who says so??

Why should anyone trust you when you can't tell anybody the answer to any of the questions you have been asked?
    He's saying your body will tell you, i.e. it will feel right, you will notice a positive difference. This doesn't require an authority to give you the ok.

Whether Hendrik's teaching would actually allow you to learn and follow his method is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Often Hong Kong, or just "lazy", Cantonese pronunciation turns all the standard N's to L's, e.g. "nei hou" (hello) becomes "lei hou". Siu-nim-tau becomes Siu-lim-tau.
    oh haha learn something new everyday! thanks
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Interesting. HFY lore terms SLT the "application / san sou " approach, and SNT the "system" approach involving everything not just fighting application. The lazy 'N' to 'L' common in the language takes on a significance there in some oral lore.

Let human body tell the truth of the Wck design.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    He's saying your body will tell you, i.e. it will feel right, you will notice a positive difference. This doesn't require an authority to give you the ok.

Whether Hendrik's teaching would actually allow you to learn and follow his method is another question.

My body tells me that it feels right not to watch any more of Hendrik's videos until he puts some more time into coherent instruction and clear organization of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    My body tells me that it feels right not to watch any more of Hendrik's videos until he puts some more time into coherent instruction and clear organization of content.
    I think he is hungry ghost. his video will suck your chi.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    I think he is hungry ghost. his video will suck your chi.
    I think I saw one of those while playing "Fallout 3". They stand in a meditation stance until you get too close to them, then latch themselves onto you and drain your energy while you are trying to kill them with a lead pipe.

Didn't the cigarette company's used to say this about smoking??

And if the best he can say is "it will feel better".... i for one will pass

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Because God knows youre incapable!

Got nothing to do with me, Wck DNA is Wck DNA.
    Too bad you are a Wck pretender try to debunk Wck DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Because God knows youre incapable!

DNA is your definition, thats it. Simple

No other lineages acknowledge your ideas, no experts have championed your cause, no "officials" in China have confirmed your theories.

Also, you only meet with people that already agree with your ideas, try to get approval from other Chinese styles (SC for one), and at the same time disregard anyone who boxes, mma's or thai boxes

Face it, your ideas are mostly nonsense, unproven unless you are a poor innocent yoga ball in your lounge room.

Now go away

U mad? Maybe need to relax your 7th bow.

Sounds good!
    Can you define what you say in action?

Lots of People don't like it when we present facture information.
    When they don't know, when they are wrong , they will against and oppose you.

Red boat era snt basic in brief
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=66240

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Interesting. HFY lore terms SLT the "application / san sou " approach, and SNT the "system" approach involving everything not just fighting application. The lazy 'N' to 'L' common in the language takes on a significance there in some oral lore.
    I don't know about that, but there are some folks who have the term "siu-lin-tau", where the 'lin' is standard pronunciation, not originally an N-initial but with an N-final rather than M, because it's a different character which means practice/ training/ drilling.

练 = lin (standard)
    念 = nim (standard) / lim (lazy)

That sounds like what you're talking about. One is "practice", the other is "idea".

Ironically, Hendrik uses that one on his 1850 WCK videos. Maybe he can tell you more, if you are one of those who are interested.