Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morning exercise, how long, what to train

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There is also a good chart that shows your strength levels during the day, I can't find that one..

But if I recall correctly, they are highest at around 9 in the morning and then again 6 in the afternoon.

How about this,maybe some of the instructors and long time practitioners tell us what they do for a morning routine,what has worked for them and maybe give some recommendations.
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

Blog Entries
    I like to drill this combo 60 times in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1j4j...ature=youtu.be

The

- 1st move force me to drop into low stance for stretching.
    - 2nd move force me to stand on single leg for balance.

Since this combo doesn't require much strength to do. It's excellent for morning mild exercise.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I like to drill this combo 60 times in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1j4j...ature=youtu.be

The

- 1st move force me to drop into low stance for stretching.
    - 2nd move force me to stand on single leg for balance.

Since this combo doesn't require much strength to do. It's excellent for morning mild exercise.
    I couldn't do anything 60 times without seriously hurting my knees
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 09-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    In that "Tai Ji Quan Eight Basic Stances Positions",

http://www.phoenixdragonkungfu.com/t...c-stances.aspx

the

- L or Half Horse, I call it 4-6 stance.
    - Tai Chi Stance, I call it 7 star stance.

The 10th posture of this chart,

I do something like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img718/3319/chang13tb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQo97EqNwYw
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-29-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Dr. Yang calls them a lot of different names
    everyone does
    if you right click on those photos & view image they get bigger & you can print them

I do yoga
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 09-03-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Did your Shao Lin Lineage come from GM Han Ching-Tan?

http://www.adamhsu.com/articles/taiw...nChingTan.html
    there are no Martial arts where I live - there are not even any Asian people here -

I do not have any lineage at all - i read books to learn
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 09-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    go on welfare and train all day
    that would be ideal ~ in a perfect world

i think you should pursue what makes you happy, you should apply for welfare this very week and train kung fu, heal physically mentally spiritually.
    would have to drop out of society to heal

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...scXe80kra2OZW9

actually I did move to Oregon to get away from all the trouble makers and I got better ~ but the I moved back to Phoenix Az to get warm ~ and they started back up with the psychic attack and damaged my psyche some more ~ I'll have to go back to Oregon to heal properly ~ but I have a medical condition that makes me cold all of the time ~ so living in Oregon will be spending the rest of my life suffering ~ everywhere I go I always come back to Phoenix because I am cold and I'm trying to get warm ~ I wish there was a better neighborhood with less trouble makers somewhere here in the valley of the sun ~ In Oregon suffering comes from the cold ~ in Phoenix the suffering comes from being around evil people

Did your Shao Lin Lineage come from GM Han Ching-Tan?
    I wish I had a Shaolin lineage
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-19-2020 at 10:32 AM.

what kind of disability you have?
    schizophrenia ~ 100% disabled ~ service connected VA disability

they call me schizophrenic because I don't like evil and I have psychic abilities

Now I can afford deodorant ~ toilet paper ~ underwear ~ food ~ and rent

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    schizophrenia ~ 100% disabled ~ service connected VA disability

they call me schizophrenic because I don't like evil and I have psychic abilities
    I know people that take meds for schizophrenia and they greatly reduce the tendency to tune into the "evil" that's around you (what some people call paranoia). The only side-effect is that one gains more weight, but that's a much easier problem to deal with. You should be eligible for the meds through the VA if you were given any of the diagnostic codes for schizophrenia.

In regards to the temperture thing, there's all kinds of chi kung routines for changing that, even some where you can make each half of your body the opposite temperture. Its a great party-trick (and/or healing practice) to touch someone with both a hot hand and a cold hand at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    I know people that take meds for schizophrenia and they greatly reduce the tendency to tune into the "evil" that's around you (what some people call paranoia). The only side-effect is that one gains more weight, but that's a much easier problem to deal with. You should be eligible for the meds through the VA if you were given any of the diagnostic codes for schizophrenia.

In regards to the temperture thing, there's all kinds of chi kung routines for changing that, even some where you can make each half of your body the opposite temperture. Its a great party-trick (and/or healing practice) to touch someone with both a hot hand and a cold hand at the same time...
    I take medication at night because it makes me sleep and I'm the worlds worst insomniac ~ but the medication also causes heart problems and it's destroying my eyesight ~ no amount of medication that I take will make evil people stop being evil ~ I am perfectly normal ~ I just can't sleep and I'm cold ~ I avoid evil by staying inside my apartment at all times ~ I only go out for groceries and I don't like to do that ~ I can't tune out people I come into contact with and I can't tune out apartment management ~ unfortunately I have to deal with them

I doubt there is any chi kung that could fix my thermostat ~ I' am hypothermic when other people are sitting around in their underwear with no shirt on ~ and I am bundled up in several layers and have blankets wrapped around me ~ I am very unnaturally cold all of the time ~ there is something physically ~ medically wrong with me ~ if I'm stretched out in a yin yoga stretch and holding it for 5 minutes or more ~ my body generates some warmth ~ but it disappears the second that I stop stretching
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 12-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokomkno3 View Post
    I take medication at night because it makes me sleep and I'm the worlds worst insomniac ~ but the medication also causes heart problems and it's destroying my eyesight ~ no amount of medication that I take will make evil people stop being evil ~ I am perfectly normal ~ I just can't sleep and I'm cold ~ I avoid evil by staying inside my apartment at all times ~ I only go out for groceries and I don't like to do that ~ I can't tune out people I come into contact with and I can't tune out apartment management ~ unfortunately I have to deal with them

I doubt there is any chi kung that could fix my thermostat ~ I' am hypothermic when other people are sitting around in their underwear with no shirt on ~ and I am bundled up in several layers and have blankets wrapped around me ~ I am very unnaturally cold all of the time ~ there is something physically ~ medically wrong with me ~ if I'm stretched out in a yin yoga stretch and holding it for 5 minutes or more ~ my body generates some warmth ~ but it disappears the second that I stop stretching
    It sure sounds like something with your diet has to be adjusted. The nerves need a certain amount of fat to be insulated, and maybe you need a larger percentage of protein in your diet. Avacados, nuts, and soy products may be a good source for all that...