Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning exercise, how long, what to train

Morning exercise, how long, what to train

If I follow the chinese way of thinking, they say there are 100 day's needed to train the body and to see some difference.

If you google a little, you find that the best way to train is in the morning, for example best way and best bennefit is to stretch in the morning, because muscle and tendons are still soft.

But now my question is,

1: do you train in the morning, yes? How many times a week?
    2: if you train, is there a schedule, like monday qi qong, teusday basics kung fu ect

Thanks in advance.

I do morning training almost every day. Maybe 6.5 times/week on average. Early morning training for me is standing meditation and light qigong culminating in stretching and stance training. 30-45 minutes usually. However sometimes (as on weekends) it transitions into form training and goes on for longer.

There is a lot of variation in how I do it but I don't have a defined weekly schedule. Some days are so easy as to be almost like resting. Just standing meditation. Some days I do staff at the end which is almost like running intervals (but not quite).

It depends on how I feel that day and how much time I have. I believe it's best to follow natural rhythms like that. However if you feel tired it's important to know if you really need a light day or if it's just mental resistance.

I should add that other parts of the kungfu and taiji I do are other times during the week. (fore-noon training, with exertion, evening training with crunches, pushups and stuff, or a brisk 5-6 km walk, partner exercises and applications if I have a partner at the time)
    Last edited by rett; 08-22-2013 at 04:03 AM.

I think life should be only about training
    please take me to the temple now -
    these people are not monks & I don't like them
    7 days a week
    if I have more Qigong than I can do In one day - I just do different qigong on different days -
    Does your master have a training schedule ?
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 08-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway Child View Post
    I think life should be only about training
    please take me to the temple now -
    these people are not monks & I don't like them
    7 days a week
    if I have more Qigong than I can do In one day - I just do different qigong on different days -
    Does your master have a training schedule ?
    go on welfare and train all day

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

:d:d:d:d:d
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    go on welfare and train all day
    If there is a God - that is what I will do - be at peace all day - I think Gongfu means work - but they told me to learn taichi not kungfu - I was a super good worker & I got the work done - but I am permanently crippled now - so much for being a good worker for the landlord
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 08-27-2013 at 07:30 PM.

someone told me that Taoist divide their day into 12 - two hour periods

each of those 2 hour periods are further divided into six - 20 minute periods

5-7 am the hours of the rabbit - the electrical time of the day & the spring time of the day -

I am supposed to do meditation at this time - for 2 HO ( 2 - 20min periods )

I am supposed to do qigong & other stuff after this -

but personally - I have not adapted to this routine yet - I do something a little different that works better for me

but I have always been wrong about everything all of my life. I have made a lot of wrong decisions

I will continue to try to do what is right though - my days of questioning the teacher are over - but I don't listen to just any teacher - some of them don't know me very well

I can agree to disagree later if it continues to be an unsuccessful rhythm for me.

they have added stretching & cardio into the food guide pyramid - 20-30 min of each
    Bruce said something about stretching 15 min or so b4 martial arts practice - but I do not call it Martial arts - i was training too much - too harsh 4 me - remember - I am 160 years old NOW - my joints are pretty beat up from vegetarianism - so I don't know what kind of cardio I would do unless it is swimming

how about 6-7 ----------- Chi Kung & Tai Chi -

as if that's enough time - but it's a start

meditation is my weakest point - so I guess I should put more effort into working on that little tiny bit of self discipline first
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 08-29-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Morning schedule atm is:

Iron wire or marrow cleansing
    Art of 100 kicks
    Footwork
    Sets/combat sequences
    One 18 lohan hand and zi fa gong to finish

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

:d:d:d:d:d

If there is a God - that is what I will do - be at peace all day - I think Gongfu means work - but they told me to learn taichi not kungfu - I was a super good worker & I got the work done - but I am permanently crippled now - so much for being a good worker for the landlord
    what kind of disability you have?

Daily training at Shaolin

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    the traditional daily training schedule of Shaolin monks has been recorded in page 676 of vol.4 and in some more training details in pages 569-70 of vol.1 of the Encyclopedia of Shaolin Wushu.
    It might be written so in there, but no where is it written in stone that the regimen is always so. That being said, it's not too much different nowadays.

Actually this is pretty old news. It was fashionable to publish Shaolin training schedules some time ago, but now it's been done so many times that no one really cares so much about this. We published two such schedules in our first Shaolin Special in 1999. The first article was Growing Up at Shaolin Temple: Shi Yan Ming Remembers Childhood at Shaolin by Shi Yan Ming. He describes his daily regimen on page 35. The second article is by me, Grasshopper Was Make Believe: My Experience of the Original Shaolin Temple. I discuss the Shaolin training schedule on page 45, both my personal schedule (although I'm no monk) and some from my master Shi Decheng.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    what kind of disability you have?
    I HOPE I AM NOT SPAMMING UP THE WRONG THREAD -BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION -

the most serious is my knees - from working -
    it's from twisting - with heavy weights - approximately 777 billion times - for 12 hours at a time

also bilateral carpal tunnel -

serious anger & frustration & ptsd
    @ this point - I cannot drive a vehicle or anything anymore without being a danger to myself or others -

inability to function in society

unemployable = Highly allergic to B.S.

was discharged from the military for - antisocial personality disorder - obsessive compulsive disorder - & paranoid personality disorder -

that's why I don't like to go around people like that - they call me crazy

serious frustration with my inability to accomplish simple tasks in society - not that I don't have a brain - but, I usually have someone in my face telling me that I don't have a brain

I don't really like to go outside of the house anymore

I never liked to admit I have problems - but in reality = especially the one about driving a vehicle - it's a serious & potentially fatal situation

unable to stop worrying about an unstable future

I am only at peace when I am working my program - so I'll log off now & go do that - I don't want to get kicked off the forum 4 spamming
    Last edited by Throwaway Child; 08-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

i think you should pursue what makes you happy, you should apply for welfare this very week and train kung fu, heal physically mentally spiritually.

I HOPE I AM NOT SPAMMING UP THE WRONG THREAD -BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION -

the most serious is my knees - from working the main case sealer -
    it's from twisting - with heavy weights - approximately 777 billion times - for 12 hours at a time

also bilateral carpal tunnel -

serious anger & frustration & ptsd
    @ this point - I cannot drive a vehicle or anything anymore without being a danger to myself or others -

was discharged from the military for - antisocial personality disorder - obsessive compulsive disorder - & paranoid personality disorder -

that's why I don't like to go around people like that - they call me crazy

serious frustration with my inability to accomplish simple tasks in society

I don't really like to go outside of the house anymore

I never liked to admit I have problems - but in reality = especially the one about driving a vehicle - it's a serious & potentially fatal situation

unable to stop worrying about an unstable future

I am only at peace when I am working my program - so I'll log off now & go do that - I don't want to get kicked off the forum 4 spamming
    Welcome to the forum, you truly belong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

So in a nutshell, you think work sucks and it makes you unhappy.

Sure I'd be more than happy to support you doing Qi Gong all day, just so long as you don't have to do anything you don't like. I'll just work some extra shifts.....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I wake a little earlier than I need to get ready and so practice for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes every morning before I go to work. I rotate through different sets of exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    for such modern timers basic exercises, like warming up and stretching, and forms are almost everything, or at least the majority! this is not the traditional way, anyway.
    Hey, we agree!
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!