Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 曲破直(Qu Po Zhi) - curve defeat straight

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you can get double "under hook" on your opponent's shoulders, it will be difficult for him to shoot at your legs. It's not that difficult to prevent double legs. the problem is your double under hooks will give your opponent a chance for his head lock and over hook. When he does that, it will give you a chance for your double legs and bear hug.

It's up to who can play the clinch game better.
    if you have double underhooks how on earth do you throw a hook punch like bawang is talking about
    Last edited by Frost; 09-25-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

if you have double underhooks how on earth do you throw a hook punch like bawang is talking about
    It's from haymaker to under hook. It's not from under hook to haymaker. It's from striking to clinching. It's not from clinching to striking.

bawang said, "When you apply haymaker, your opponent can apply double legs on you.

I said, "you can change your haymaker into under hook to prevent double legs. If you can just get one arm under your opponent's shoulder, he can't drop his body to reach to your legs."
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-25-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

In Karate the "haymaker" is called Mawashi-Tzuki ( Roundhouse punch) and it can be used with the fist or forearm, Uechi-ryu uses the forearm for example.

Every technique has its place and when a technique "fails" then, typically, it is because someone has used it in the "wrong place".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Uechi-ryu uses the forearm ...
    If you use forearm to hit behind your opponent's head and horse back kick both of his legs, you can flip him. If you know how to use your leg to generate power in the opposite direction of your striking force, you already understand the throwing art.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-25-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's from haymaker to under hook. It's not from under hook to haymaker. It's from striking to clinching. It's not from clinching to striking.

bawang said, "When you apply haymaker, your opponent can apply double legs on you.

I said, "you can change your haymaker into under hook to prevent double legs. If you can just get one arm under your opponent's shoulder, he can't drop his body to reach to your legs."
    I can't say for sure, but I got the impression that he meant 'Person A' drops level when the haymaker is thrown by 'Person B'. You see it a lot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    A drops level when the haymaker is thrown by 'Person B'.
    Many wrestlers like to put leading hand in front of their leading leg knee. If your 45 degree downward haymaker can reach to that point (in front of your knee), you can use your under hook to stop your opponent's shooting.