Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real or FAKE wing chun sifu?

Real or FAKE wing chun sifu?

Is this Real Wing Chun or just a bunch of slap fu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDCjiQQlTNg
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Leung Ting Wing Tsun turned into Ving Tshun? smh

I got the next one; VVing Tscheun

Or how about Zing Chwun?

Sifu Tassos was EWTO trained, back in the day, and also spent time in Hong Kong. Like so many, he has a thing for doing 'dramatic' videos but he does have skill - and likes (or at least liked - this video is quite old footage) to train with a little power and umpth.

Certainly, he was always willing to mix it up with those who trained with him.

Left the EWTO to play on his own
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

You wear those outfits, BPWT? They look Korean.

The back uniforms with the red trim?

Those learning under Leung Ting, or those who did and still follow the Hong Kong system, wear them (technician grades) - they are the same uniforms LT introduced back in the late 60's. They rock, no?

For many years now the EWTO stopped wearing them and instead wear the Star Trek outfits that Kernspecht came up with .

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Leung Ting Wing Tsun turned into Ving Tshun? smh

I got the next one; VVing Tscheun
    That may already be in use! Ex-Leung Ting groups go by such varied "WT" names as Wing Tshun, Wing Tchun, Wing Tjun, Wing Txun, ...all pretty silly.

When we split away from LT we also had to change our name for legal reasons, so we just went back to the original spelling used by Grandmaster Yip Man, namely Ving Tsun. Seems more dignified than my personal favorite: Huingchon Chingon. Spanish speakers will apprecieate the joke.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    When we split away from LT we also had to change our name for legal reasons, so we just went back to the original spelling used by Grandmaster Yip Man, namely Ving Tsun.
    Did you need to change the spelling? There are ex-LTWT guys in the US who still use the spelling (City Wing Tsun, Art of Wing Tsun, etc).

My favorite part of the video was when the guy got owned by the sapling.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    My favorite part of the video was when the guy got owned by the sapling.
    Yes That was a video moment straight out of the Leung Ting book on how to video things for the public

LT always did have a very 'special' sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Yes That was a video moment straight out of the Leung Ting book on how to video things for the public

LT always did have a very 'special' sense of humor.
    The same school of thought that gave birth to the Giant Paper Fist of Doom (GPFD) I presume?

Yes, that would be the same thinking

Oddly, I have a friend from HK I've known since Uni, he has the same sense of humor. He visited me in once a few years back and I woke up at 6am to hear him screaming with laughter - watching the Cartoon Network in Hungarian.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Did you need to change the spelling? There are ex-LTWT guys in the US who still use the spelling (City Wing Tsun, Art of Wing Tsun, etc).
    Yep, there are others like Alex Richter's "City Wing Tsun" who have been able to retain the Wing Tsun spelling. However, the head of our organization used to be the head of LT's organization here in the states and when he left, LT sued him. I'm not privy to the details of the settlement, but one outcome is that we don't use the name Wing Tsun or letters WT.

Now about those LT uniforms... I always hated mine. The way the top ties in the front is not only awkward but it bunches out over the belly like a maternity dress. Actually, as I've gotten older I've soured on the whole "silk pajama" thing that was big inTCMA here back the 70s and 80s. Why not just wear sweats like any other athlete does when training? After all, weren't those baggy "kung-fu" pants and white tank-tops were basically just the work out clothes of early 20th Century China?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Yep, there are others like Alex Richter's "City Wing Tsun" who have been able to retain the Wing Tsun spelling. However, the head of our organization used to be the head of LT's organization here in the states and when he left, LT sued him. I'm not privy to the details of the settlement, but one outcome is that we don't use the name Wing Tsun or letters WT.
    Ouch!

Now about those LT uniforms... I always hated mine. The way the top ties in the front is not only awkward but it bunches out over the belly like a maternity dress.
    D*mn it, there's only so much negative Leung Ting cr*p I can take!!! Don't make me come out there to help you get dressed!

The way the top ties in the front is not only awkward but it bunches out over the belly like a maternity dress.
    I kind of thought the same. lol But besides, I'm not really for the club-like dress code. Just get a school t-shirt. I prefer regular clothing. You need to be used to fighting in a pair of jeans and street shoes. Or even dress pants and shoes. Unless you wear that kind of thing all the time.

real or FAKE HORRIBLE sifu?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Is this Real Wing Chun or just a bunch of slap fu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDCjiQQlTNg
    Is this Real Wing Chun, or just a bunch of krap fu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXH9f1WMbY

I don't know what you consider real or fake (since you support the clip I shared). But if you compare just these two clips, one starts to look a LOT more 'real'/less 'fake' than the other - to use your words..
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 08-28-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90