Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: full contact wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    I can show plenty of clips that represent what I am talking about and what I criticize. The three in the first post are perfect examples of this. You can show no examples of what you are talking about or criticizing when it comes to full contact fighting. This makes you the hypocrite.
    I am not demanding clips from anyone. You are having a real struggle understanding the meaning of the word.

Hypocrisy is not lack of evidence. That is something else. Perhaps look it up so that you can use it as a term of abuse when I remind you of your hypocrisy and cowardice?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Why should they be provided free of charge to you, a hypocrite?
    Simple. Because it would be good for WC businesses if they truly had effective techniques.

They aren't provided freely these businesses know it would be bad for WC business to show actual sparring/fighting, as they would not only not bring in the people who want real fight training, but they would also lose many of their main base of fantasy students when they saw what actual sparring/fighting using WC looks like.

great!

mine is outdoor, not that great to keep outdoor even with a great northen California weather.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    No, my Texas house doesn't have garage. I let it to stay outdoor under the Texas sun and rain. Finally, I gave it to someone from Dallas. If I still have it, I would put up a picture. It was a nice piece of work. The chest area was covered by fur and leather outside of the rubber.

The body was telephone pole -> rubber -> leather -> fur

I am not demanding clips from anyone. You are having a real struggle understanding the meaning of the word.

Hypocrisy is not lack of evidence. That is something else. Perhaps look it up so that you can use it as a term of abuse when I remind you of your hypocrisy and cowardice?
    Hypocrisy is passing negative judgement on something while not being able to provide any evidence of it being done better, either by oneself or by others.

Simple. Because it would be good for WC businesses if they truly had effective techniques.

They aren't provided freely these businesses know it would be bad for WC business to show actual sparring/fighting, as they would not only not bring in the people who want real fight training, but they would also lose many of their main base of fantasy students when they saw what actual sparring/fighting using WC looks like.
    Not everyone lives life through a screen, demanding things from others that they refuse to provide themselves. Some people actually go and look in the real world. You can also do this any time you like. Nothing is stopping you apart from your cowardice and hypocrisy.

Not everyone lives life through a screen, demanding things from others that they refuse to provide themselves. Some people actually go and look in the real world. You can also do this any time you like. Nothing is stopping you apart from your cowardice and hypocrisy.
    Businesses with good and effective products and services know that it is in their best interest to provide as much transparency as possible to their potential customers about those products and services, even to those who "lives life through a screen".

Hucksters who run business with far less than good or effective products and services understand that it is best to keep many things hidden from these potential customers.

Hypocrisy is passing negative judgement on something while not being able to provide any evidence of it being done better, either by oneself or by others.
    I'm sorry, this is not hypocrisy, it is merely opinion. At worst it is unfounded opinion.

A hypocrite is a person whose actions belie their stated beliefs, for example one who demands video clips from everyone while failing to provide their own clip(s)

I'm sorry, this is not hypocrisy, it is merely opinion. At worst it is unfounded opinion.

A hypocrite is a person whose actions belie their stated beliefs, for example one who demands video clips from everyone while failing to provide their own clip(s)
    That would mean I'm not a hypocrite. I don't demand video clips of anything different that what I provide.

Businesses with good and effective products and services know that it is in their best interest to provide as much transparency as possible to their potential customers about those products and services, even to those who "lives life through a screen".

Hucksters who run business with far less than good or effective products and services understand that it is best to keep many things hidden from these potential customers.
    Businesses with a product best experienced via tactile physical experience tend to sell it that way. You just need to get off your chair. The publicity info is already available and you know where to go.

That would mean I'm not a hypocrite. I don't demand video clips of anything different that what I provide.
    You demand video clips from people here on the forum showing their specific training while providing video clips of random professional fighters (which you are not). i.e. you are a hypocrite.

If you accepted random video clips of professional fighters in return then you would not be a hypocrite.
    Last edited by guy b.; 08-29-2013 at 04:40 PM.

You demand video clips from people here on the forum showing their training while providing video clips of professional fighters (which you are not). i.e. you are a hypocrite
    The hypocrite would be the guy who claims he spars full contact, yet can provide no evidence for that fact.

The only video that I would demand would be from the guy who claims to fight full contact, yet has no evidence for that.

The hypocrite would be the guy who claims he spars full contact, yet can provide no evidence for that fact.
    No that wouldn't be a hypocrite. It would be a person that hasn't provided specific video evidence of a claim made on a wing chun forum.

In my experience many people have clips of both padded and unprotected sparring but we don't tend to put them on youtube for a couple of reasons.
    Hahaha! Remind me to recruit you if I ever start a cult. Oh, never mind, you've already been taken in by the WC cult.

Talk about beating a dead horse. I am not sure who has been saying the same old thing for no good reason for longer, LaRoux/Knifefighter/Whatever alias he posts under, or the majority of the Wing Chun Forum. You guys make Hendrik look like the new kid on the block.
    -Golden Arms-

The only video that I would demand would be from the guy who claims to fight full contact, yet has no evidence for that.
    I haven't been following this thread at all. Just popped into it and saw this comment. Sorry LaRoux, but you are just wrong. A hypocrite is someone that finds fault in others that he doesn't see in himself. Its the "do what I say, not what I do" syndrome. Like criticizing someone else for drinking while holding a can of beer.

Someone that claims to fight full contact but hasn't provided evidence is simply someone that hasn't proven what they claim. That's not being a hypocrite. Now, if he boasted about being a full contact fighter, then criticized others that said the same without proof and never provided his own proof of being a full contact fighter...THAT would be being a hypocrite!