Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: full contact wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    so that's a no on the clip then
    I dunno, is it?

how convenient is that...and its amazing that all these bickering lineages can agree to that commandment isn't it when they can't agree on anything else
    ...christ what is this the 18th century people are happy to show forms applications chi so etc but think their spirit will be stolen if a clip of action sparring is put out there
    Yes and the reason is, is because nobody can make themselves look as good in sparring as in the forms or chi sau! If we all looked great and had no ego the net would be full of them. Nobody wants to look bad! It's human nature.

how convenient is that...and its amazing that all these bickering lineages can agree to that commandment isn't it when they can't agree on anything else
    ...christ what is this the 18th century people are happy to show forms applications chi so etc but think their spirit will be stolen if a clip of action sparring is put out there
    Because one's true ability will come out far more clearly in unrestricted sparring, and I suppose they don't want to face the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Yes and the reason is, is because nobody can make themselves look as good in sparring as in the forms or chi sau! If we all looked great and had no ego the net would be full of them. Nobody wants to look bad! It's human nature.
    So, you guys don't allow sparring clips because you're only good at forms and chi-sau? That's disappointing.

I dunno, is it?
    you are the one saying you spar full contact without protection so you are the one im asking for a clip from so are we going to see it? Lots make this claim its usually bull so forgive me for not believing without some proof....come to think it only 1 person I know of on this forum has ever posted a full contact no protection clip...and he was an mma guy

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Because one's true ability will come out far more clearly in unrestricted sparring, and I suppose they don't want to face the music.

So, you guys don't allow sparring clips because you're only good at forms and chi-sau? That's disappointing.
    you use words like they and you guys....inferring you are somehow different....so have we seen clips of yourself using your art in sparring?

I haven't seen any clips of you yet. You could be a 4ft dwarf with an orthopedic shoe!
    When did I say WE don't allow clips for that reason?

you use words like they and you guys....inferring you are somehow different....so have we seen clips of yourself using your art in sparring?
    No. It is the PBVT organization that says they don't allow filming their sparring or at least uploading the clips for some reason but that they do hard sparring all the time. I'm not a part of their organization. I have no other reason than that I simply don't have clips up. But I'm also not making any claims about what I do.

you are the one saying you spar full contact without protection so you are the one im asking for a clip from so are we going to see it? Lots make this claim its usually bull so forgive me for not believing without some proof....come to think it only 1 person I know of on this forum has ever posted a full contact no protection clip...and he was an mma guy
    Yes and for both of us it's only words. Where is your clip? What would showing a clip of each other actually achieve? You don't know how hard I can punch. You don't know how I would deal with you. You have no idea of anything and yet you think a clip would give you some idea. Who would my opponent be? A training partner? A student? Some guy in the street?

Silly man Frost!

No. It is the PBVT organization that says they don't allow filming their sparring or at least uploading the clips for some reason but that they do hard sparring all the time. I'm not a part of their organization. I have no other reason than that I simply don't have clips up. But I'm also not making any claims about what I do.
    Well you certainly do through your posts!!!

I haven't seen any clips of you yet. You could be a 4ft dwarf with an orthopedic shoe!
    That's Glenn...

When did I say WE don't allow clips for that reason?
    Well you said "nobody can", "if we all", and "nobody wants to". If you're not putting up clips either, then you're included in your own generalization.

Well you certainly do through your posts!!!
    Do I? I just discuss the system and how it's used here, but don't make claims about how hardcore my training is or how much head cracking it involves. If I were coming here to do that I'd at least post clips.

Do I? I just discuss the system and how it's used here, but don't make claims about how hardcore my training is or how much head cracking it involves. If I were coming here to do that I'd at least post clips.
    You are like the Wing Chun Houdini! lol

That's Glenn...
    Im 3ft thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Im 3ft thanks!
    Oh come on I was expecting more back lash than that!!!

yes he was, and so am I come to think of it
    feel free to post clips of the bare knuckle on protection fighting to prove us wrong though
    Why the need to post clips from you guys like you are the ultimate judges of legitimacy in wing chun? I hear a lot of complaints about the arrogant attitude PB and WSL guys from the MMA contingent here but this demand for clips that meet your approval is also incredibly arrogant and off-putting.

I haven't seen any clips from you guys of you fighting or even sparring hard. All I tend to see is clips of other people, usually MMA guys, that you approve of. Or clips of you guys gently grappling. It seems like a double standard applies

In my experience many people have clips of both padded and unprotected sparring but we don't tend to put them on youtube for a couple of reasons.