Thread: Batman vs Superman

Hybrid View

Batman vs Superman

We'll split this off into a Batman/Superman thread when a working title is confirmed. Looks like Lucas and Morgan are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    wait...whats happening to batman?
    Morgan Freeman surprised by Batman announcement
    Bryan Alexander, USA TODAY 3:24 p.m. EDT August 26, 2013
    Morgan Freeman, who starred in three "Dark Knight" films as Bruce Wayne's business partner, didn't get the Ben Affleck/Batman memo.

Someone forgot to brief The Dark Knight's Lucius Fox about Ben Affleck putting on the Batman suit.

Morgan Freeman, who played Bruce Wayne's wise business partner in three Dark Knight movies, was surprised by the casting when speaking to USA TODAY on Monday morning.

"This is the first I am hearing of it," said Freeman. "My first reactions are 'Wow' and 'Good luck.'"

Freeman said he was surprised because the Dark Knight trilogy only ended in 2012 with The Dark Knight Rises.

"After the trilogy, I thought that no one would try it again for a few years more to let this whole thing die down," said Freeman. "Because it's still there. So I don't know, I hope Ben does well."

On Thursday, Man of Steel director Zack Snyder announced that Affleck would join Henry Cavill, who starred as Superman, in a Batman-Superman movie out July 17, 2015.

Snyder said in a statement that Affleck "has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retains the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne."

When asked what he thought Affleck would bring to the part, Freeman signaled that he needed more time: "It's a good question, I have no idea."

Freeman said he was not necessarily waiting for a casting call to reprise his role as Lucius Fox.

"If the new movie does have a Lucius Fox I don't think it's going to be me," said Freeman. "It doesn't seem to work to mix characters in the movies. If you are going to change the lead character, you're probably going to change all the characters."

But Freeman definitely enjoyed working with Michael Caine, who also starred in the Dark Knight trilogy, in Now You See Me (which comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray Sept 3 and is available on digital Aug. 30).

The two veteran actors even square off in a menacing, threatening scene in the spring box office hit about four magician bank robbers (also starring Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg).

"We worked together in Batman, but as characters who didn't have much to say to each other," says Freeman of Caine. "I had a great time going face-to-face with him here. That was fun."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

okay batman has just officially been set to cast with the worst actor ever to don the batman suit.

sheeet...tom cruise would be a better batman than ben assfleck...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I know, right?

I imagine it'll make married life hard for ol' Ben. After all, isn't Elektra Marvel and Batman DC?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

there should be a general rule. if you play a comic super hero, you cannot play another. unless you are a top notch actor, not some low life scum bag douch nozzle.

lemme guess ashton kutcher will be robin....

i'd like to personally meet all the people that want to pay money to watch ben affleck act and smack them all across the mouth with a brick.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Affleck. You want that insurance duck to say it, don't you?

I liked him in each of the Kevin Smith films he was in, especially Dogma, but I attribute that to the director. Argo was ok. Daredevil was one of the most disappointing superhero films ever, and I set the bar really low for that genre.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A sad, sad day for all TRUE Batman fans.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lemme guess ashton kutcher will be robin....
    No, I bet they'll be negotiating with Justin Bieber to play Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    No, I bet they'll be negotiating with Justin Bieber to play Robin.

LOL.

Batman VS Superman

Leaked teaser.
    http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2015/04/16/22349081.html

Featuring voice overs from Holly Hunter and Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor), among others, the footage centers mostly on Superman's questionable place in the universe after "Man of Steel."

The citizens of Metropolis, amid chants and police altercations, appear to turn against Henry Cavill's character as a Superman statue has been spray painted "False God."

"Devils don't come from hell beneath us," Luthor says. "They come from the sky."

Before Ben Affleck is finally shown unmasked as Bruce Wayne, a man says off camera: "That's how it starts, the feeling, the powerlessness, that turns good men...cruel."

We then catch several brief glimpses of Batman, mostly in the dark, as the bat mobile later unleashes mayhem on the city before Batman and Superman meet face to face.
    My opinion:
    I knew they were gonna talk the "false god/savior" route ( though I hoped they wouldn't) so that isn't a surprise.
    I know some has said that I should give Assfleck the benefit of the doubt.

Meh...

best superhero

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Greetings,

Ben Affleck is the KISS OF DEATH to any franchise. They should have left him as Daredevil and for every movie he made as such, we could all pretend to be Matt Murdock and not see it. That way, he gets paid and we still maintain our standards of excellence.

mickey.

new trailer

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That better not be Doomsday...