I'm sure I've asked this before, but..
I would like to hear from someone who has more than just a little experience in BOTH Judo AND Shuai Jiao. Having done both methods, which do you prefer?

From personal experience, slapping out has saved my life on one occaision;
I was doing high skipping axe kicks and my supporting leg came out from under me. I landed completely upside down across my upper back neck shoulders. If I hadn't slapped out, I would've snapped my neck for sure.

and definitely saved my arse on several others. One time (at band camp..) I was working in a bakery, and had a film of grease from buttercream on the bottoms of my shoes (you can't avoid it) going outside to take out the garbage, it was raining, and as I stepped on the metal doors, (those ones on the sidewalks in the city that open up to go downstairs) it was like stepping on a sheet of slick ice. I landed in a perfect side breakfall. Got wet, but not broken, and I landed fast and hard.

on the flip side, (pun intended)
I was deer hunting upstate NY and on the steep side of a wooded area, tripped over a root and fell forward. I was holding my rifle across my chest and had no way to put my hands out, so I twisted and landed in a shuai jiao side fall, completely unharmed.
So, again, only those with experience in BOTH methods, rather than one-sided biased opinions, please.