Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The most controversial TCMA system

Quote Originally Posted by crazedjustice88 View Post
    when I have been bouncing and fights break out, I might use two steps out of the *however many there are*, but they save my life when I do pull them out.
    is u for realz

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    is u for realz
    Yessir, I have bounced at a couple clubs and house partys to get a little bit of extra cash. My sifu doesn't really like it, but I have stopped since I found a better job.

Blog Entries
    Here is an example to use a pre-defined footwork in attacking.

- Back foot move 1 feet,
    - front foot move 3 inches,
    - try to align back foot with opponent's feet (make sure your opponent has less chance to escape that leading leg attack).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kgryljlaU
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-17-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is an example to use a pre-defined footwork in attacking.

- Back foot move 1 feet,
    - front foot move 3 inches,
    - try to align back foot with opponent's feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kgryljlaU
    They all have there place. My sifu likes us to vary up footwork. Sometimes use white crane, other times use lohan. It all depends on the variables of the situation.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    By walking the circle you inevitably cross your legs. You can't walk unless you cross your legs.
    Right side of my crotch has my right thigh and right leg. the left side of my crotch has my left thigh and left leg. When I could walk, I could walk and the left stayed on the left and the right stayed on the right.

Walking a circle the thighs are close but no crossing really required.

There's a transition move to walking the circle (Pa Kua Ch'uan) which is what the seven except Sifu Wang are doing in the picture of eight Bagua-ists near the beginning of this thread.

No crossing of legs! Revers bow and arrow to T footed Unicorn Wing Chun Stance to reverse bow and arrow.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Just shuffle, it's better that way anyways. Same way you would lunge in with a bow stance. Push step bring up the rear. Good way to keep a solid base.

Sometimes it's good to cross step though, or walk in. There are lots of variables to consider. If you spar a lot, it's probably instinct for you by now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Not be able to make the "foot sweep" work is one thing. Don't even know that the "foot sweep" exist is something else.

When I watched this clip, my body kept telling me, "sweep that leg, sweep that leg, ..." I could pull my muscle if I ever watch it again.

My teacher told me that some audience pulled his muscle by watching a Chinese wrestling match. Now I understand it can truly happen in the real world.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Sometimes it's good to cross step though, or walk in. There are lots of variables to consider. If you spar a lot, it's probably instinct for you by now.
    There is a safe spot for your "cross legs". That's when you are behind your opponent and your opponent hasn't turn around yet. If you are still in front of your opponent, it's not a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieYawsW-OEs

Blog Entries
    There is a safe spot for your "cross legs". That's when you are behind your opponent and your opponent hasn't turn around yet. If you are still in front of your opponent, it's not a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieYawsW-OEs
    What's in that video is special circumstances as more fights/spars than not are not doh-see-doh square-dancing which is what they essentially are doing. People don't lock elbows like that.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

Good Enough to be Examples of the Classic?

Not be able to make the "foot sweep" work is one thing. Don't even know that the "foot sweep" exist is something else.

When I watched this clip, my body kept telling me, "sweep that leg, sweep that leg, ..." I could pull my muscle if I ever watch it again.

My teacher told me that some audience pulled his muscle by watching a Chinese wrestling match. Now I understand it can truly happen in the real world.
    These people are moving around and not using Circle Walking. Except around forty five seconds white top started to-by having controlled steps for momentary rooting for support.
    The steps are not rooted enough to work for what the practice might should be for.

One might wonder if these people put-in the quality effort with the quality understanding to count to be examples of the application of Circle Walking.

Slow becomes very fast. You don't just take technique and go faster.

In Squirrel is the lesson of a Sheet of Paper and a Ream--One can tear a sheet of paper in half-ish whereas one is harder-pressed to tear a ream of paper in half-ish. Strength is added to; thin layer by thin layer...

No_Know

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    What's in that video is special circumstances as more fights/spars than not are not doh-see-doh square-dancing which is what they essentially are doing. People don't lock elbows like that.

No_Know
    What about if you are circling around the lead arm? That happens all the time. Moving in and out in a linear fashion is usually not that great of an idea in a real empty hand combat situation. In my experience anyways. Even when I shoot in for a double, quite often it's got a slight arc to it as I anticipate turning the corner for a hard takedown.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    These people are moving around and not using Circle Walking.
    At 0.18, 0.21, 0.23, 0.27, 0.36, 0.41, ... his opponent should move toward his circle walking opponent instead of just stood there. He might miss that opportunity in the 1st time. But to miss it 3 times or even more would be his own fault. He didn't even "intend" to sweep his opponent's leg even once. In order to do so, he would need to step in, plant his foot at the right time, and at the right place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-ge...ed&app=desktop
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-20-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    no mang, i learned 1 form from a guy who used 2 b der. it was awkward.
    The guy was awkward or the kung fu? Because the kung fu from what I have experienced was good stuff.
    Last edited by Brule; 09-20-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

youknowwho

when you going to put up a bunch of clips of you fighting? love how you go to different boards and cut down everyone's stuff.

how experienced is the bagua guy? there were many concepts he didn't use.

love for you to fight my mantis teacher and my bagua teacher.