Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The most controversial TCMA system

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    circling the opponent is common training in northern kung fu. circle walking is for looking good only and is useless for fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomX...tailpage#t=178
    Northern Shaolin footwork is linear. You blast in and retreat straight back.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0BdwbA6h9I

Is the bagua circle walking really used in fights like this?
    This is exactly my concern. The moment that you start to feel comfortable with your circle walking, the moment that you may do it sub-consciously without knowing that you are doing it.

The correct way to do your circle walking is

- Your back foot move 1 feet,
    - Your front foot moves 3 inches,
    - If you have right foot forward, you move your left foot first.

This way, your back foot, your front foot, and your opponent are always in a straight line.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-14-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Northern Shaolin footwork is linear. You blast in and retreat straight back.
    just because the form is done in a straight line doesn't mean fighting is done in a straight line.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

circling the opponent is common training in northern kung fu. circle walking is for looking good only and is useless for fighting. it comes from Taoist walking meditation.

That was an excellent video, I like those footwork and conditioning drills...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

just because the form is done in a straight line doesn't mean fighting is done in a straight line.
    Nevertheless, circling is not Northen Shaolin strategy. It's not designed for counter punching. Even side stepping is more about setting up striking angles than dodging attacks.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Blog Entries

At 3.12 when both guys have right foot forward, they move counter-clockwise. To me, they should move clockwise instead. You want to move away from your opponent's powerful cross and not move into it.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Gene

before ark wong, I am.
    Gene,
    I responded in a friendly, funny and non-insulting way to Bawang's post of asking for KFC wings at the alter and this was his insulting response. He likes to insult people and his rude comments are a waste of space on this forum. Most of my posts lately have been to to respond to his a##holiness's remarks to which I regret wasting my time.

After this last insult I will not comment anymore. Nobody here cares what I have to say anyway. He ruins most threads. He is NOT entertaining at all. You have not done anything I have seen to curb this pain in the butt child. I am sure he will make another crude and insulting remark to me but I won't respond and in the end only he will look like the brat he is. I can only hope you will be more responsible in the future for this kind of behavior on your forum.
    Jay

Dude, just block him.

Quote Originally Posted by kfman5F View Post
    After this last insult I will not comment anymore. Nobody here cares what I have to say anyway. He ruins most threads.
    Jay
    He posted two good videos that pertained to the discussion.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Nevertheless, circling is not Northen Shaolin strategy. It's not designed for counter punching. Even side stepping is more about setting up striking angles than dodging attacks.
    plum flower post

This is exactly my concern. The moment that you start to feel comfortable with your circle walking, the moment that you may do it sub-consciously without knowing that you are doing it.

The correct way to do your circle walking is

- Your back foot move 1 feet,
    - Your front foot moves 3 inches,
    - If you have right foot forward, you move your left foot first.

This way, your back foot, your front foot, and your opponent are always in a straight line.
    As usual, you are probably looking at literal techniques, and missing the real purpose of what is really trying to be developed . Most training like this is probably supposed to develop the internal core if done properly, but is ussally not done properly, so then, what happens is that it just gets turned into another routine of external development , that develops external techniques.

All external techniques, are just predicated by timing and position, if--then in two dimensions.
    What is the third dimension ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    As usual, you are probably looking at literal techniques, and missing the real purpose of what is really trying to be developed . Most training like this is probably supposed to develop the internal core if done properly, but is ussally not done properly, so then, what happens is that it just gets turned into another routine of external development , that develops external techniques.

All external techniques, are just predicated by timing and position, if--then in two dimensions.
    What is the third dimension ?

Cheers
    kickboxing is in the 11th dimension, beyond the comprehension of your puny, puny mind.

Sorry you feel that way, kfman5F

Most of my posts lately have been to to respond to his a##holiness's remarks to which I regret wasting my time.
    To be honest, that's mostly on you. Most of us have our bawang filters up pretty high. He's like a crazy troll master here, however. Despite his crassness (which indeed may get him banned someday) he will sneak in some useful comments now and again, which is why most of the veterans here tolerate him. He's singled you out a bit and pushed your buttons - troll is as troll does - but think of him as a troll sparring partner. Take your licks, figure out why they penetrated and shore up your defenses. Or, like most people here, just go on offense. In the 36 chambers of the KFM forum, bawang is only the 2nd chamber.

This is in no way an endorsement of bawang.

Nobody here cares what I have to say anyway.
    That attitude is the real issue here. If you care about if the forum cares about what you post, you'll always be troll meat.

Dude, just block him.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    In the 36 chambers of the KFM forum, bawang is only the 2nd chamber.
    I don't literally LOL very often, but that one did it

plum flower post
    How would you find the plum flower posts capable of teaching this if all you train on them is the lohan stance work? I know the lohan is what all shaolin people use and its difficult to "encircle" someone with footwork from that. Hung Gar people are the main example of this. I guess it can be done but its much slower than say the white crane footwork if your wanting to circle the opponent.