Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The most controversial TCMA system

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    The guy was awkward or the kung fu? Because the kung fu from what I have experienced was good stuff.
    I was the only Chinese guy der. i felt i was intruding on their little club. they didn't know the name of the moves so the form i learned was basically useless.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

bagua concepts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 18elders View Post
    love for you to fight my mantis teacher and my bagua teacher.
    Why do I want to fight your mantis and Bagua teachers for? I don't even know them.

We can discuss "cross legs" in any detail with words, pictures, clips, ... We can even have a 1000 pages discussion on this. There is no need for "indirect internet challenge" and get personal here.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

"you should fight my teacher"

well, first, maybe your teacher really secretly studied Thai boxing and boxing and Judo and that is what he really fights with...

second, can YOU fight? OK, your teacher is great, he has the chi ball deadly but WHAT ABOUT YOU????

"some guy in my lineage 150 years ago was the best fighter in (small region of isolated China)"

well, again, what about YOU? what skill do YOU have?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I love it when people make challenges on behalf of their teachers.

"Indirect internet challenges" are the type of passive-aggressiveness they learn from the their teachers. They will never step on the lei tai.

Here's generally what happens when kung fu teachers end up doing internet challenges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdasNOFDNrM

That vid was ok, but this one in the links.... golden!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwI_y34cgyo

No point here, just made me laugh.

Cocaine... it's a hell of a drug!

I'm actually pretty impressed that they didn't shoot him. Or bean bag him at the very least. To be honest, I would have bean bagged his ass.

pazman, can you read? i said love for you to fight them, i did not say my teacher wanted a challenge. pay attention next time.

secondly, i said that because you know who was on the mantis forum saying mantis has speed but no power. now he is here cutting down bagua.
    my teacher would not fight the way the bagua guy fought just walking the circle.
    his general statements are ****.

lkmfdc- of course i can fight but i am not as skilled as my teachers and if he is cutting down mantis and bagua, then he would benefit the best by telling my teachers why their styles suck.
    Last edited by 18elders; 09-21-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: adding to post

pazman, can you read? i said love for you to fight them, i did not say my teacher wanted a challenge. pay attention next time.

secondly, i said that because you know who was on the mantis forum saying mantis has speed but no power. now he is here cutting down bagua.
    my teacher would not fight the way the bagua guy fought just walking the circle.

lkmfdc- of course i can fight but i am not as skilled as my teachers and if he is cutting down mantis and bagua, then he would benefit the best by telling my teachers why their styles suck.
    Here's a better idea. Since he probably doesn't have the time or inclination to travel around and hunt down your teacher, why don't you simply post a clip of your teacher fighting to prove him wrong?

Blog Entries
    From your user name, I can tell that your praying mantis teacher may come from Hong Kong. In Cantonese, the Chinese word 手(Shou) is pronounced as 叟(Sou).

if he is cutting down mantis ...
    I would be the last person on this planet who tries to cut down mantis. I can't remember how many times that I have said in this forum that if I can only pick up one striking art from the TCMA system, I'll pick up the praying mantis system.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    10 things that I like about the praying mantis system are:

PM has:

1. all the punching tools used in boxing such as jab, cross, hook, uppercut.
    2. all the kicking tools that inherited from the longfist system.
    3. clear beginner level, intermediate level, advance level training process.
    4. speed training.
    5. combo set up training.
    6. open mind (don't mind cross training).
    7. no hidden or abstract moves in their forms.
    8. sticky hand training that your opponent punches from some distance (not from arm contact).
    9. easy integration path with the throwing art.
    10. Taiji PM, Liuhe PM, and Baji PM that have power generation training.

It's not easy to find all these advantages in any single TCMA style. Hope I'm an OK salesperson for the PM system.
    As Meng Zi famous saying said, "I don't like to argue but sometime I don't have other choice". If you only want to pay attention on the "1/2 cup empty" and not pay attention on the "1/2 cup full" from what I have said, that's your problem.

If your teacher would not fight the way the Bagua guy fought just walking the circle, then he and I will agree with each other when we meet someday.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    From your user name, I can tell that your praying mantis teacher may come from Hong Kong. In Cantonese, the Chinese word 手(Shou) is pronounced as 叟(Sou).
    wing chun + speedwalking= hong kong mantis

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

youknowwho

i never saw your post on the things you like about mantis, only the post saying mantis has speed but no power so sorry for giving you crap but you also contradict yourself saying it has no power and that
    Taiji PM, Liuhe PM, and Baji PM that have power generation training.

There are many hidden power, hidden hands and hidden legs in northern praying mantis.

We do not see it coming in Praying Mantis.

Yes, all we see are fast hands and quick steps in NPM.

My point is that there more aspects to power generation than just being evident and strong.

i never saw your post on the things you like about mantis, only the post saying mantis has speed but no power so sorry for giving you crap but you also contradict yourself saying it has no power and that
    Taiji PM, Liuhe PM, and Baji PM that have power generation training.
    He never said it has "no" power. He only has made the comparison in relative terms. Mantis just doesn't have the kind of specific power training that is so prominent in Baji. OTOH, he also has often said that Baji lacks the speed training you find in Mantis. Point being, you have to make trade offs in your training. Mantis is particularly famous for fast combos. Focus exclusively on speed and you end up sacrificing power. Baji is famous for power. Focus exclusively on power and you end up sacrificing speed.

He only critiques these styles in relative terms.

I'm pretty sure his handle is "youknowwho" because if you have been posting online for any length of time "you know who" he is. I know for myself, I know who he his, who his teacher was and what styles he trains and what his focus is. It gives me a lot of context for his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Just shuffle, it's better that way anyways. Same way you would lunge in with a bow stance. Push step bring up the rear. Good way to keep a solid base.

Sometimes it's good to cross step though, or walk in. There are lots of variables to consider. If you spar a lot, it's probably instinct for you by now.
    the Larry Holmes method of footwork.

worked for him because he could take and give easy and he was huge and a heavy dude.

But here is a heavyweight dude that had arguably the best footwork in the heavyweight boxing game. Ever.

Last edited by David Jamieson; 09-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.