Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The most controversial TCMA system

Quote Originally Posted by crazedjustice88 View Post
    How would you find the plum flower posts capable of teaching this if all you train on them is the lohan stance work? I know the lohan is what all shaolin people use and its difficult to "encircle" someone with footwork from that. Hung Gar people are the main example of this. I guess it can be done but its much slower than say the white crane footwork if your wanting to circle the opponent.
    northern kung fu engage at 7 to 18 feet. southern kung fu engage at 1 feet.

circle walking is a very simple concept that if you walk around your opponent and force him to turn to face you, he can get dizzy and his footwork can get loose.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    What? Sorry, I dont train northern. Can you explain?

circle walking is a very simple concept that if you walk around your opponent and force him to turn to face you, he can get dizzy and his footwork can get loose.
    That sounds...interesting...I have never heard of that approach to circle walking. How long do you plan on doing that till he gets confused and his footwork gets lazy? I would assume that would take a while all the while he isn't attacking you.

What? Sorry, I dont train northern. Can you explain?.
    northern kung fu really really far away, southern kung fu stand real close.

That sounds...interesting...I have never heard of that approach to circle walking. How long do you plan on doing that till he gets confused and his footwork gets lazy? I would assume that would take a while all the while he isn't attacking you.
    go try yourself.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-16-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    if you walk around your opponent and force him to turn to face you, he can get dizzy and his footwork can get loose.
    Agree with you on this. If you are not used to spin with your opponent, you will get that dizzy feeling soon. It's a good strategy.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

If bawang is only the 2nd chamber, what's the 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    I don't literally LOL very often, but that one did it
    Nice! Nominate me for quote of the week then.

That's just because we northerners engage with spears. Honestly, where did you come up with that one? I'd add that KFM forum members engage at 10,000 miles.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

northern kung fu really really far away, southern kung fu stand real close.

Okay, but theres only so long that the human body can "stretch". UNLESS YOUR IN THE FANTASTIC FOUR!!!

go try yourself.
    I'm sorry, if you can get it to work then that's awesome, but I would rather just use the kay men bo and destroy my opponent. I don't want to sit there and wait till my opponent "looks" like he is starting to get dizzy. At this point its just becoming bagua.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Agree with you on this. If you are not used to spin with your opponent, you will get that dizzy feeling soon. It's a good strategy.
    How so? Again, how long do you plan on spinning before actually engaging? At the same time, wouldn't the opponent just come in and hit you or just walk away since he doesn't feel like watching someone walk in straight up circles? I would just get bored and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

That's just because we northerners engage with spears. Honestly, where did you come up with that one? I'd add that KFM forum members engage at 10,000 miles.
    1900 article on boxing, answering the difference between northern and southern kung fu
    How so? Again, how long do you plan on spinning before actually engaging? At the same time, wouldn't the opponent just come in and hit you or just walk away since he doesn't feel like watching someone walk in straight up circles? I would just get bored and walk away.
    did you even watch my dam video, you don't walk around your opponent, you shuffle in a fighting stance

did you even watch my dam video, you don't walk around your opponent, you shuffle in a fighting stance
    How does shuffling translate from the skills acquired from the mui fah? You don't shuffle on the mui fah bawang. Also, again, if your just shuffling around the opponent then again, how long does it take for them to actually get dizzy? Thats what I'm saying. I would assume it takes a while. I was talking about the skills acquired from the mui fah as you posted so thats what I was asking. Again, shuffling is not learned on the mui fah. The mui fah is teach different stepping patterns and train different body mechanics. Not shuffling...

What were the exact measurements used? Did you convert it to 7 to 18 feet yourself?

1900 article on boxing, answering the difference between northern and southern kung fu
    Can you be more specific?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

How does shuffling translate from the skills acquired from the mui fah? You don't shuffle on the mui fah bawang. Also, again, if your just shuffling around the opponent then again, how long does it take for them to actually get dizzy? Thats what I'm saying. I would assume it takes a while. I was talking about the skills acquired from the mui fah as you posted so thats what I was asking. Again, shuffling is not learned on the mui fah. The mui fah is teach different stepping patterns and train different body mechanics. Not shuffling...
    plum flower pole is a stability pole. it makes your footwork more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Can you be more specific?
    it said ten plus a few
    Last edited by bawang; 09-16-2013 at 11:26 AM.

plum flower pole is a stability pole. it makes your footwork more stable.
    I know, but in response to a poster that was saying that northern didn't have circling footwork, you responded with the mui fah posts. This is what I am asking. In regards to your statement on the mui fah, what does northern shaolin train on the mui fah that would teach the encircling footwork?

I know shuffling can be used for that, but that strays away to your answer to him of the mui fah. Thats what I'm trying to figure out. Again, I don't do northern so thats why I'm asking.

In regards to your statement on the mui fah, what does northern shaolin train on the mui fah that would teach the encircling footwork?
    walk in circles

walk in circles
    Now our conversation is going in circles. You just said that you wouldn't do that and bash bagua for doing it. So how are you now saying that it trains proper footwork? I'm confused.

Now our conversation is going in circles. You just said that you wouldn't do that and bash bagua for doing it. So how are you now saying that it trains proper footwork? I'm confused.
    I didn't bash bagua. I said to separate form and drills from fighting. plum flower pole cant shuffle for safety. bagua walks for beauty.

bagua circle walking is plum flower post training without the post. it has none of the benefits of stability pole training but all the faults from crossing the legs, and focusing on beautfy
    Last edited by bawang; 09-16-2013 at 11:41 AM.