Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have .......

Wink

How many of you have actually met or trained with the current head of your association, school and or style?

I did.

Is it important to do so???

Not essential, but it was important to me for a few reasons. I wanted to try to understand the origins of my chosen style as best I could, I figured that in doing so my training would be as close to it's original foundations and as 'traditional' as possible. By doing so, I hope it gives me a small insight as to see how styles may evolve, or, as in your case decline.

One great advantage is that it allows me to recognise charlatons and imposters who inflict themselves upon that particular style .

If not, do you train under one of their representatives?

Well I joined your research group - only for a very short while - but I learned a lot about the art of deception .

I see that posts are dissapearing from this thread already, so I guess this will just be another. But whilst you (Ron) may generate revenue for this forum by acting as some sort of 'kung fu clown' and providing great reading amusement for many, in the light of what has recently happened you belong in the thread for disgraced practioners.
    Nothing you say or post here or elsewhere can get you out of the very deep hole you have dug for yourself .
    Last edited by GETHIN; 09-03-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: correction

the head of my association, school and style is jesus Christ.

yes, I have met him.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the head of my association, school and style is jesus Christ.

yes, I have met him.
    He has saved me my brother hahaha

but for reals though...he has.

Wink

Thanks for the discussions and viewpoints.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post

Thanks for the discussions and viewpoints.
    Thanks for the platitudes!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanks for the fairness

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    If you train with your Sifu, then that is who you train with. I don't get why it would even be a question. If you have a real teacher, then that is who you train with.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...?t=1321&page=2http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...?t=1321&page=2
    I have a question - given the bottom of the barrel actions from this guy.

Why does the forum allow this chap to continue to post here given the damage he has caused to members, their masters and art.

I don't get it....

I suppose you will delete this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    I have a question - given the bottom of the barrel actions from this guy.

Why does the forum allow this chap to continue to post here given the damage he has caused to members, their masters and art.

I don't get it....

Gene lets all sorts of douchecanoes post here. I think it's some weird social experiment he's running...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Who's to say we aren't all a pack of douchecanoes?
    You? Me? Whoever?

There's a lot of artificial respect, chest puffing etc.
    A public forum is just a place fo dynamic discussion. It's not some sacred ground of truth and nothing but the truth. I defy you to find that anywhere outside of yoru own heart anyway.

there are sacred places, this is not one of them and even those are trampled in all their forms and desecrated by mere humans.

Educate yourself and remember this little gem from Aristotle:

"Wise men speak because they have something to say while fools speak because they need to say something".

Not to mention, I doubt we'd be troubled with sorting through all the a**holes du jour in the Martial arts and weeding them out. That would be a monumental task. lol

It's your choice to engage or not in the end.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This forum is not about exclusivity.

There is exclusivity in so many aspects of the martial arts. There's exclusivity in styles and systems. There's even exclusivity in who gets into a cage fight. But then we all talk about how effective we are on the streets and we can't even hold a civil conversation on a web forum? I let anyone in and anyone have their say until there is legal action or such an uproar from the top posting members here that it has to be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    I haven't deleted anything from this thread. If one of the other mods did, well, then I support that. All of our mods here have undertaken a thankless and overwhelming task of moderating you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Gene lets all sorts of douchecanoes post here. I think it's some weird social experiment he's running...
    Ha. If only. Perhaps it's an experiment in martial viral marketing. If so, the results are marginal.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought martial artists were supposed to be mentally as well as physically tough.

I don't understand why anyone complains about other people on an internet forum.

It flabbergasts me.

Anyone who feels the need to complain about other posters needs to grow a pair. This is not aimed at anyone specifically, just a general 'dont be a little girly crybaby' response to all the girly cry babies.

If you take offense to that statement, you may want to evaluate whether or not you are a girly cry baby. The first step in getting help is admitting you are a girly cry baby.

I'll be the first here to admit that I have been a girly cry baby once in the past. But then I made the conscious decision to no longer be a girly cry baby.

If I can do it, you guys can do it too!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I thought martial artists were supposed to be mentally as well as physically tough.

I don't understand why anyone complains about other people on an internet forum.

It flabbergasts me.

Anyone who feels the need to complain about other posters needs to grow a pair. This is not aimed at anyone specifically, just a general 'dont be a little girly crybaby' response to all the girly cry babies.

If you take offense to that statement, you may want to evaluate whether or not you are a girly cry baby. The first step in getting help is admitting you are a girly cry baby.

I'll be the first here to admit that I have been a girly cry baby once in the past. But then I made the conscious decision to no longer be a girly cry baby.

If I can do it, you guys can do it too!
    I always get a chuckle when someone posts an "I'm leaving and here's why" thing.

Just goofy really.

Except for quitting a job, it doesn't behoove anyone to say they aren't going to stay somewhere or on an internet forum anymore.

But that's full circle back to the douchecanoes. lol, I love that term! So fitting!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, the first step is just to be good practitioners

There is a code of martial etiquette, a code that is seldom observed here. That was put in place by our ancestors for a reason. It wasn't to protect girly cry babies. Those should have been weeded out long ago. It was to keep us from killing each other when we came face-to-face. Now, we seldom come face-to-face and any girly cry baby can log on, so the game has changed.

The earnest martial artist still upholds etiquette. Even in days of old, genuine practitioners withstood assaults on their honor and held to their code until it was time to draw their swords. Here on that forum, I like to think this still stands. The tricky thing is the realization that an opponent probably isn't at sword's length, so to draw it here is tantamount to standing on a hill miles away and brandishing. That's just bad strategy. Pick your fights, but choose them well. We are all watching.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sounds good to me, are you up for it Ron ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    "I'm leaving and here's why" ...
    When I left the Judo forum, I left quietly without anybody's notice. When someone made the following statement:

"You are not even a Judoka. Nobody cares about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?"

I just don't have enough thick skin to hang around in that forum after that. I would never forget that unfriendly comment for the rest of my life. Of course I could spend 50 pages posts to argue with that guy (such as I don't have to be a Judo guy to express my opinion in a Judo forum). But I don't have to be the person to always have the last words.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-05-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument