Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rickson Gracie fights Wing Chung

Ralek Guest

Rickson Gracie fights Wing Chung

Rickson Gracie defeated a wing chung guy who was freakin huge. Rickson was much smaller and weaker. Although the kung fu guys may be bigger and stronger they still suck. Jiujitsu's smooth technique easily destroyed Wing chun despite a major strength and size disadvantage.

The wing chun guy's name is David Levicki. Rickson took him down, kneed his spine, then smashed his face in with punches from the mount.

Here it is: www.bjj.org/images/Rickson/VT94/rg94-03.jpg

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Ralek Guest
    And as usual when the kung fu guys get beat down all the other kung fuers who are sitting in their arm chairs denouce the kung fu guy who lost as a fake. Well it's happened again with David Levicki. When will a "real" kung fu fighter step up?

I'm sure there is a reason that the kung fu guys choose David Levicki to be the one to fight. I'm thinking it's becuase he could beat up all the other kung fu guys?

Felipe Bido Guest
    I think he's doing something else down there... :D

I apologize..I am quite happy tonight ;)

-------------------------Anybody who goes to see a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
    --Samuel Goldwin

Ryu Guest
    I like Rickson's clinch here. Not really too high and not too low. Hmmm.
    He demonstrated clinching to me personally when I was just starting out in grappling. But it was more of a high clinch, not really going around the waist. Ah, I'm just talkin.

I can say one thing though, I'm not even a Wing Chun guy, and I know Levicki didn't look like anyone I've ever seen who performed what was deemed as "good" wing chun

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Archangel Guest
    Well neither did Rezra Nasri. Do you remember him Ryu, he was the Iranian guy who was one of Emine Boztepes students. He got tossed on his head by Brian Johnston and then grounded and pounded. I haven't seen anyone use the vaunted chain punches in MMA yet either.

Ralek Guest
    Ok. Let's say David Levicki sucks at wing chun. So where are all the real auwsome wing chuners at? I can't seem to find any. Where did they go?

I think it's time for kung fu guys to start considering that maybe....... just maybe there might be a tiny possiblility that kung fu does not work.

Watchman Guest

Rolly Boy

How many times do we have to have the same conversation?

And as usual when the kung fu guys get beat down all the other kung fuers who are sitting in their arm chairs denouce the kung fu guy who lost as a fake.

Let me say this one more time: I know Levicki was a "fake" because I knew him personally. He came into the school I trained at and I went to UFC2 with him.

His training amounted to nothing more than less than year's worth of spotty attendance to a twice-weekly two hour class.

I'm sure there is a reason that the kung fu guys choose David Levicki to be the one to fight.

Nobody "chose" Dave - he got himself involved all on his own (through a large amount of B.S.)

Well, as far as that particular fight is concerned, the only thing Rickson proved is that he can beat down overrated, unskilled, washed-up meth addict tomato cans. :rolleyes:

Are you happy you trolled me again, Rolls? This never gets old for you, does it?

Ralek Guest
    Wow!!!! He trained at your school!

So. Could the guys at your school beat David Levicki? Levicki had no skills in wing chun? Can you give an estimate on how many classes he attended a month?

Why did Levicki try to make himself fight in the Vale Tudo? Did he want to test out his wing chun? Make money? For fun?

Watchman Guest

Well, the hook is already in, so....

Could the guys at your school beat David Levicki?

Yes.

Levicki had no skills in wing chun?

Very little.

Can you give an estimate on how many classes he attended a month?

I can't remember for sure, but I was there all the time and he wasn't.

Why did Levicki try to make himself fight in the Vale Tudo?

Ego and external validation.

BTW Rolls, is this a catch-and-relese thread?

shinwa Guest
    For one thing Wing Chun is really meant for people with a smaller frame, so...

And like, why the heck are you trying to say this guy represents a whole system? That guy represents himself just like anyone else who fights in any tournament. Do yopu think Rickson Gracies represnts BJJ? As in everyone who does BJJ will fight as well as Rickson Gracie? That's absurd my man. Everyone knows how to run, but do we all run like CarlLewis?

Style vs Style talk is pathetic. It will always come down to individual stylist. Martial artist should know this!

Ralek Guest
    The guys at your school could beat David Levicki!!! So did they spar or something? Do they do hard contact sparring or something at your school or are you just assuming that they would beat David Levicki?

If they beat David Levicki then maybe they should consider going into NHB. There are very little rules compared to san shou and wing chun works best with as little rules as possible? You guys could make a good clean $100,000 dollars in one night. Go for it.

Ralek Guest
    Watchman. Did you beat David Levicki?

Watchman Guest

Rolls

Watchman. Did you beat David Levicki?

Yes and no. Dave and I sparred quite frequently.

I only had about a year's worth of training when he came into the school, so I was still pretty raw. As soon as I got over the intimidation factor from his size I learned that I could take him down pretty much at will with good footwork, leg kicks, and leg sweeps at clinch range because he overextended himself all the time trying to throw his body mass around. He also couldn't take a good body punch.

If they beat David Levicki then maybe they should consider going into NHB. You guys could make a good clean $100,000 dollars in one night. Go for it.

LOL!

Rolls, you hook me up with a promoter that will offer a $100,000 purse and I'll happily get beat down just for the appearance fee. :D

PHILBERT Guest

Here is one for Rolls

Hey, I am sure the anus has answered this before, but I don't really read his posts (each time I do I get mad at his retarded anus)

so Ralek, why do you come here? So what if you think BJJ is superior? You come here and say BJJ is better than any martial art, the ultimate fighting system, claim you can take anyone (and you've never fought anyone here before), and talk all this trash about Kung Fu.

WHY?!

So what if BJJ truly is superior? If it is, THEN SO FUÇKING WHAT?! If we like the martial art, then let us practice the martial art. If BJJ is so Holy, then you go over to the Underground or some other website with BJJ and stay there. This site is about Kung Fu, not about how you stand around, wankering, and talking trash about the art.

We all know what you think of Kung Fu and BJJ. So maybe you should just stop talking trash, you aren't going to sway anyone into thinking any less of the art by saying BJJ is superior than everything else. So why don't you just stop talking trash about it and act like your age for once. You might actually LEARN something if you act nice around these people. Lord knows I have learned alot of stuff by paying attention and not saying that such and such art is better. If BJJ is better, who cares? You shouldnt waste your time trying to convince people that it is better. We are entitled to our opinions.

God why don't they just ban him?

PHILBERT

Xebsball Guest
    Ralek, you never learn do you?

Watchman said it all, so i wont say anything more.

-------------------------
    "I AM EFFECTIVNESS"