Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Market Analysis: TCMA

Free Market Analysis: TCMA

Here is an idea I am playing with:

We all know kung fu is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting. It is deserved. This is because free competition was replaced as the ultimate measure of competency. In boxing and MMA the champion is the winner of fights. In KF other things are important, like lineage.

Just stirring the pot. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by madhusudan View Post

People who do CMA and fight, should distance themselves from those who do not fight and play kung fu dress up-lineage warrior.

We should also give them wedgies and take their lunch money.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Blog Entries
    We all know kung fu is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting.
    I don't know what "Rodney Dangerfield" may stand for. I did some Googling and found out this:

"I'm not a sexy guy. I went to a hooker. I dropped my pants. She dropped her price."

so I realize it's not good words. No! I don't know kung fu is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-06-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Here is an idea I am playing with:

We all know kung fu is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting. It is deserved. This is because free competition was replaced as the ultimate measure of competency. In boxing and MMA the champion is the winner of fights. In KF other things are important, like lineage.

This has already been said about a few thousand times on the forums, with only slightly different wording. Not all CMA or CMA practitioners are the same.

Wulin yi jia

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    People who do CMA and fight, should distance themselves from those who do not fight and play kung fu dress up-lineage warrior.
    Wulin Yi Jia means 'all martial arts one family.' We even have a thread on it here.

Don't begrudge the cosplayers. They have the hotties (well, some of them anyway). Don't begrudge the lineage mongers either. They have the history (again, some of them anyway). Keep in mind, it's the cosplaying lineagers that make the best movies. And when it comes to martial arts movies, no one can touch the Kung Fu film archive.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Wulin Yi Jia means 'all martial arts one family.'
    If those Japanese cosplayer girls are family members, then they are like 3rd or 4th cousins...you know, the ones that don't count...
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

If you took Japanese cosplay girls from the forum, a lot of people would probably lose interest.

I don't know what "Rodney Dangerfield" may stand for. I did some Googling and found out this:

"I'm not a sexy guy. I went to a hooker. I dropped my pants. She dropped her price."

so I realize it's not good words. No! I don't know kung fu is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting.
    His famous line is something like, "I can't get no respect."

Quote Originally Posted by Sima Rong View Post
    If you took Japanese cosplay girls from the forum, a lot of people would probably lose interest.
    Yes, but there would still be sword hotties; and now bow and arrow hotties...and any given Sanjuro post....

lol

Can't get no respect.

Here's the problem.

George St.Pierre has pretty good kung fu.

Besides that, I'm surprised people still whine about such things.

meh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As long as this thread doesn't go into the Rodney Dangerfield of cosplayers...

If those Japanese cosplayer girls are family members, then they are like 3rd or 4th cousins...you know, the ones that don't count...
    lol. I feel ya, KB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sima Rong View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why so many of you keep coming back here. Is it really the cosplayers? Because there are tons of forums solely dedicated to cosplay. Those are probably bigger than martial arts forums. I wonder who has more numbers at this point.

Yes, but there would still be sword hotties; and now bow and arrow hotties...and any given Sanjuro post....
    We do have a dedicated cosplay thread (posted above in my first reply to this thread), which is also becoming inundated with hotties.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Honestly, I don't know why so many of you keep coming back here. Is it really the cosplayers? Because there are tons of forums solely dedicated to cosplay. Those are probably bigger than martial arts forums.
    We all got too much pride to just up and go to the cosplay forum on purpose....but if it shows up here incidentally, we can't be held responsible...

Actually, my wife has, on numerous occasions, seen me scrolling through the pages and come across the random hottie...she demands to know what I'm looking at and I tell her I'm reading about Kung Fu....I always have a hard time selling that this site has anything to do with Kung Fu....

On numerous occasions even!

Actually, my wife has, on numerous occasions, seen me scrolling through the pages and come across the random hottie...she demands to know what I'm looking at and I tell her I'm reading about Kung Fu....I always have a hard time selling that this site has anything to do with Kung Fu....
    Just you wait until the stewardesses come. Then you'll have to surf the forum late at night after the wife is in bed...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just you wait until the stewardesses come. Then you'll have to surf the forum late at night after the wife is in bed...
    Since Sanjuro's posting here has been limited lately this is no longer required
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train