Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband guilty of karate murder

old jong Guest
    I dont think that kind of strike is able to kill all the times but it creates a reaction or reflex in the brain sending a message that the person is having a heart attack.The body then reacts and defends itself by lowering the blood pressure causing loss of counciousness as a side effect.
    The boxer Muhammad Ali semmed to have some knowledge of this because he often punched his opponents in that area getting some knockouts in the process.
    If you dont believe me,try it on your little sister or somebody.It won't be theory anymore.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

zen_celt Guest

Here's a good one...

In Kansas, state law supposedly states that anyone above the rank of brown belt in any style of MA who is found guilty of killing someone, even in self-defense, can be charged with pre-meditated murder. What's with that?

Also, and this one is really strange, someone was telling me that if you are a black belt in Karate you cannot use your hands in a fight unless you wish to risk getting charged with assault, manslaughter, or murder.

I'm a bit skeptical of the second one but the first one is sadly true. What crap!
    -Z

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

SanHeChuan Guest
    boy i would dim mak my way right out of that gas chamber. You think you can hold me, I know shaolin-do. :D

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
    -start later, but reach first.

Budokan Guest

We must challenge the misconceptions others hold about MA if we want this to stop.

This news about Kansas doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. I've been to Kansas and seen what they have there in the way of an intelligent and educated population. :rolleyes: It's about on a par with the bunghole state (Mississippi) I'm currently in.

I still maintain, however, that we as MA hold some responsibility for the outlandish beliefs many in the general public have about our art. Some of us do little or nothing to challenge the beliefs held by many people, willing to let them go on thinking that what they see in the movies is anything even remotely approaching practical and responsible MA. Education is the key to swinging this around to a more reasonable frame of mind. A little more common sense on our part, and a whole LOT less of stupid marketing ploys might be a step in the right direction.

K. Mark Hoover

old jong Guest
    I guess that we, in the "traditionnal" m.a. dont really need to worry about this too much because it won't be long that even judges will believe that only Muay thai/boxing/grappling/bjj/etc can be of some effectiveness!...If they read this forum,that is! :rolleyes: ;) We can't be pronounced guilty of using some stuff that does'nt work. Don't you think? :p

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

jimmy23 Guest
    Bunghole state? Thats not very nice....

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
    Spinning Backfist

Fish of Fury Guest
    "Maybe the real reason for this is because it happened 20 years ago! When karate used to work!... "

LOL :D

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"