Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Chen tai chi VS Thaiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Since you don't train chen taiji
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    have you ever noticed how ever lame excuse for poor performance begins with a statement like this
    haha i thought 6 months 5 days a week 3-4 hours a day 1 on 1 with a decent master would give me a good idea about it, perhaps i was wrong! it was a big waste of my time to be honest

anyway i still haven't seen the bruce lee style side kicks in the forms

why did chen village choose sanda rules then? and bill it as taiji vs muay thai when that choice seemed to limit both... maybe mma would have been better?
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    haha i thought 6 months 5 days a week 3-4 hours a day 1 on 1 with a decent master would give me a good idea about it, perhaps i was wrong! it was a big waste of my time to be honest

anyway i still haven't seen the bruce lee style side kicks in the forms

why did chen village choose sanda rules then? and bill it as taiji vs muay thai when that choice seemed to limit both... maybe mma would have been better?
    Step by step. This was their first fight and I know that they are planning to invest on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

why did chen village choose sanda rules then?
    it isn't about "rules".... call it "san da" if you want, but it allowed kicks, punches, knees (well, knees if you were Chinese because I saw several instances where the referee interferred with the so called "Muay Thai guy" knee strikes oh, that was when he wasn't giving the Chinese 15 counts and helping them get back up) and throws

That's all three is , strikes and throws. When you get in a real fight, there is no "style"... it didn't look any different because Chen isn't any different in a real fight
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Step by step. This was their first fight and I know that they are planning to invest on this.
    The Chen village guys are anything but "beginners' yet fought like they had never sparred in their lives....

They had to find barely alive opponents and even then fix most of the matches....

What are they planning to "invest" in? A big bank account to pay off better guys to throw the fights more convincingly???

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The Chen village guys are anything but "beginners' yet fought like they had never sparred in their lives....

They had to find barely alive opponents and even then fix most of the matches....

What are they planning to "invest" in? A big bank account to pay off better guys to throw the fights more convincingly???
    I take it you never watched the other fights. You really should quit talking out of your a$$. You just make yourself look more uninformed than most people already know you are.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 10-03-2013 at 10:12 AM.

the mt guys look like Chinese tomato cans.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux

LaRoux has not made any friends yet
    and he wonders why?

I wanted to post the results here since i had been following the thread a few weeks ago.

Turns out the Taiji guys didnt do too bad after all.

They took Three matches, the Thai fighters took two.

http://www.examiner.com/article/tai-...us-thai-boxing

I love how they don't even name the so called "Muay Thai champions" that "fought".....

I love how they don't even name the so called "Muay Thai champions" that "fought".....
    That is pretty suspect. I mean even looking on the original post sparking this thread you never see the names of the Thai fighters...odd indeed..

I just posted for some finality is all, i'd like to hope there would be no funny business, but that would almost be naive to rule out.

Sadly, this reminds me of that so called "Russian Champion" that Han Mu-Xia was famous for defeating, "Kang Tai-Er". Knowing the annoying Chinese habit of only bothering to transliterate partial foreign names, it's probably a Chinese language approximation of a Russian equivalent to "Michael" or some other generic Russian given name.

When I first got to China and started teaching ESL, students would get all excited and ask me, "Do you like Jackson?!?" I'd tell them, "Sure, I love him. Wish I had more of him in my wallet....."(Michael Jackson? Andrew Jackson?)

The Sanda matched they hold regularly here in Xi'an now and show on TV only have Chinese character equivalents for the fighter's first names. "Thomas Smith" becomes "托马斯" like that f'ing meant anything. Jack Wellington becomes "杰克" etc.

So just who t-f was "Kang Tai Er"? Anyone? I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-27-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument