Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
Oh god! You completely missed! You see only the bits you want to see to back up your ideas and miss it! No thats not what I said. I actually said

Not only have people taken my quotes and used them out of contexts, now you are taking an incomplete part of a sentence... and using that to continue your argument???

Amazing.
I didn't selectively use part of the quote to distort anything. What part have I misunderstood? I understood you to mean that the concept behind the technique is what you look to train, not the move itself.

Did you not mean that?

Which is why I was saying, for me, "the opponent throws a punch, and we use [insert conceptual idea], expressed via [insert motion, dependent on the characteristics of how the attack was met], as the opponent shows you the way."

I am simply saying that if the concept is the focus of your training (great - mine too), the moves (the techniques or physical motions) are the concepts made physical.

Because of this, it is not right (IMO) to think about something in VT/WT being concept based or technique based - they are two sides of the same coin. One (concept) creates the other (motions/techniques).

The focus simply starts with the concepts...