Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Lan Sao--does it violate the WC law of economy of motion?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Oh god! You completely missed! You see only the bits you want to see to back up your ideas and miss it! No thats not what I said. I actually said

Not only have people taken my quotes and used them out of contexts, now you are taking an incomplete part of a sentence... and using that to continue your argument???

Amazing.
    I didn't selectively use part of the quote to distort anything. What part have I misunderstood? I understood you to mean that the concept behind the technique is what you look to train, not the move itself.

Did you not mean that?

Which is why I was saying, for me, "the opponent throws a punch, and we use [insert conceptual idea], expressed via [insert motion, dependent on the characteristics of how the attack was met], as the opponent shows you the way."

I am simply saying that if the concept is the focus of your training (great - mine too), the moves (the techniques or physical motions) are the concepts made physical.

Because of this, it is not right (IMO) to think about something in VT/WT being concept based or technique based - they are two sides of the same coin. One (concept) creates the other (motions/techniques).

The focus simply starts with the concepts...
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    [...]

Very rich drill, and one that helps bridge (no pun intended) the gap into sparring.

Here is a video I did demonstrating a few of the basics listed above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynaa9XQYSgg
    Thanks for the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Thanks for the vid.
    Good clip as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Eg. Chi sao, lap sao, = Concept training.
    Eg. "Opponent throws this kind of punch and we use a..." = Application training.

I'm not sure what you meant by "concept training" ... because you can not train an established concept. Do you mean using/apply the preconceived ideas of WC concept in the training of chi sao, lap sao, and etc?