Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut

Can you guys read Chinese. If so PM me your email I have something that may interest you or you may even have it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I train a mixed bag of styles. I turned 42 yesterday, so many years ago as a youth I began my studies in GoJu Ryu Shorei Kan Karate and Japanese Jiujitsu. Now the core of my studies for the striking and weapon arts is mainly Southern 5 Animal Sil Lum and Kali Arnis, and for the grappling styles it's Jiujitsu, Chin-Na and Shuai Jaio.

Triangle stepping is a standard for me so it's easy to recognize it when I see it. I agree with you, and it's pretty obvious to me that the guy in black is more advanced. My point was not for the blue guy to stay locked into a boxer guard the entire time, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but at that moment he could have used a left block or deflection while at the same time throwing a straight right to the head which probably would have connected.

I mean no offense, but I guess what I'm disagreeing with, and what I'm seeing in these sparring videos, is that the fighters tend to keep their hands to low. Of course, this is just my opinion and each fighter needs to find their own way. Personally, I tend to keep my hands out in front of me, one a little closer than the other, forming a narrow triangle from my hands to shoulders, at approximately the chest to shoulder level just under my eye line. My guard resembles a Wing Chun guard without the squared off pigeon toed stance. My foot placement is much like a western boxer which allows me to advance and retreat quickly and use male and female triangle stepping, depending on the situation. I also use a lot of shin bites and what we call the gas peddle which is to step on the feet and ankles when advancing from the front or the sides. I am still able to flow my striking, locks or other applications in a continuous way from this guard, but having my hands higher allows me to intercept or deflect incoming strikes a little faster. It's really no problem to block low, middle or high with this type of guard. I'm more of a close inside fighter so I like to work from 45 degree angles, find a bridge and then attack the center line. If I'm not striking then I'm usually working for chokes, sweeps, throws or takedowns of some sort, and if somebody leaves their hands on me for to long then I work large and small circle joint locks.

I've enjoyed watching the videos you've posted and hearing your opinions. It's really cool to see how other people around the world are training so keep up the good work!
    It's my pleasure to collect your experience. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Mr. Linh moves pretty well for wearing flip flops.

I need to be barefoot or in shoes. Every time I try to do any type of training in flip flops I'm tripping all over myself.
    Yes. Me too! And I dont know how can he do footwork with those flip flops. Because choy lee fut movement is foot dribbling. And the power of the attack skill is depend on the footworks.

Quote Originally Posted by FongSung View Post
    Can you guys read Chinese. If so PM me your email I have something that may interest you or you may even have it.
    I sent mess to you. Thank a lot.

Blog Entries
    foot dribbling
    can you explain "FOOT DRIBBLING?"
    thank you.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

My guess its something lost in the english translation and likely is referring to sliding since that is fairly common in CLF.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    can you explain "FOOT DRIBBLING?"
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    My guess its something lost in the english translation and likely is referring to sliding since that is fairly common in CLF.
    I'm sorry because my English is very bad. And some skill can't translate clearly in English.
    Yes. It 's like sliding. When we go straight we use the toes to pull the heel & the body slide on road. Maybe I will record a video for this skill. It's hard to explain.

You can watch at 3:43, that Grand Master Sang demo some tecnique fight on street. This video was recorded when My Master had invitation to USA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsrhfDQvTqs
    Last edited by Karol Ruan; 09-20-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Gwa Sao Stone Lock Training

Our clip for training Gwa Sao with Stone Lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_YRkP3xz7c

Silk Reeling skill? Is that real?

My Sifu said that Taichi was The Top skill of Kungfu. Until now, this time, just my Sifu & Siheng can do Silk Reeling in fighting. We cant understand it.
    Too high? Too difficult??

What do you think, guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Sifu - Master Sang & Master Kim Jin Pal

Name:  Sifu&Kim Jin Pal.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  60.5 KB

Some Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut in Sparring

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    IMO Silk Reeling, like Sticking Hands is for training specific qualities of bridging. I believe that the principles can be used in sparring but the common patterns that express those principles cannot. IMO the skill must first be acquired under compliance then individual concepts tested under pressure. The various methods of neutralizing, rebounding, sending, absorbing etc. Can only be linked when each is thoroughly understood and how they relate to one another. Defined patterns cannot teach this only relay compatibility. Test each principle in various positions under duress, this will dictate how/what the next position will be/require.

Dave
    Thank you very much for your sharing. Silk Reeling Skill absolutely is hard to training, understand & apply. It can't not be taught by words. There is just my Sihing that know how to apply.

Western Wingchun vs Eastern Choy Lee Fut:

Name:  1528603_638360622872862_427804416_n.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  58.1 KB