Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you never expose your training program if you are competing athlete. if you are hobby nobody it doesn't matter.

athletes don't expose their training log, they also don't expose their drug log. at elite level drugs is just as important as training.
    Army training has become pretty ****ty lately. So bad, that we only use the prescribed workout as a warmup, and then lift weights on our own time and run on our own.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I have kept both powerlifting, MMA and TCMA logs online as it was an easy place for me to access the info from previous workouts, now I have excel on my phone I keep it in a handy speeadsheet there. As to why keep it why not? im not worried someone will steal my secrets or hunt me down and use it against me, I can put I did takedown defense using the forklift method, or sprawling for rounds, without a teacher that would be meaningless to most people, or I worked on my bakmei power generation on my bag, or worked specific clf combinations but so what is anyone going to copy me without a teacher of their own. I can put I sparred Thai style working on setting up my low roudhouse off my hands, so what if someone knows my favourite technique ....i know Paul daleys favourite combinations still doesn't mean I can stop them though lol

The days of keeping secrets in tcma should be long gone, otherwise styles will die out and people will end up with rubbish that doesn't work ....oh wait that's already happening...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    hiding what you are training is a seriously outdated concept.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    hiding what you are training is a seriously outdated concept.
    And it only hurts you. Everybody else is sharing their techniques and routines, and trying to be better.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And it only hurts you. Everybody else is sharing their techniques and routines, and trying to be better.
    it's a throwback to the concept of 'face' and, imho, the most egotistical piece of crap concept I've ever seen in the martial world.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"