Thread: Women's Self Defense Through Ninjutsu

Women's Self Defense Through Ninjutsu

teaching a little class in women's self defense. using ninjutsu. although i am a student of shuai jiao, shaolin and other chinese martial arts systems,when it comes to women's self defense,i choose to teach ninjutsu. the reason being,all techniques are done on a partner,with self defense in mind. there are no solo routines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjH24...e-kEx1JXUs9TcA

Okay, I do not mean to bash what you are doing but...............

Why so against solo routines? Wouldn't they give them a chance to practice home alone without a partner?
    Do you really think that the methods shown are realistic and would work for most women against a real and resisting opponent?
    When you listed the styles of which you are a student I did not see Ninjustu listed. What qualifies you to teach Ninjustsu to anyone?

While I think it is great to teach women self defense, I feel that many who do so provide a false sense of security by teaching things which will not work against a stronger and bigger opponent. Also, there is a mental aspect which needs to be addressed so that the "victim" gets out of that mindset and is willing to do what is needed to defeat the attacker. Halfway methods will only **** the attacker off and result in a more dangerous situation.

Just my opinion.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

what am i in the twilight zone, i didn't list ninjutsu as one of my sytles! i said i am a black belt and showed my certificate,from japan sighed by Hatsumi himself,that i received back in 1996,at the very beginning of the video.[really wierd dude,you on drugs or something?] yes i know they work, cause i know people who have used them, and if you paid attention, i mentioned these are strategies,that lunge punch could represent a grab stab or punch ,or just a guy coming at her.

here are two good examples of how this stuff works in real life. my old instructor was a rikers island correctional officer. i asked him once you ever use this stuff,he said daily, and he is not a big guy about5 foot 7, somewhat stocky. one of my former classmates, a beautiful young lady a green belt at the time, used ninjutsu to defend herself against three guys,successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    what am i in the twilight zone, i didn't list ninjutsu as one of my sytles! i said i am a black belt and showed my certificate,from japan sighed by Hatsumi himself,that i received back in 1996,at the very beginning of the video.[really wierd dude,you on drugs or something?] yes i know they work, cause i know people who have used them, and if you paid attention, i mentioned these are strategies,that lunge punch could represent a grab stab or punch ,or just a guy coming at her.

here are two good examples of how this stuff works in real life. my old instructor was a rikers island correctional officer. i asked him once you ever use this stuff,he said daily, and he is not a big guy about5 foot 7, somewhat stocky. one of my former classmates, a beautiful young lady a green belt at the time, used ninjutsu to defend herself against three guys,successfully.
    You showed a piece of paper written in a language other than English. Perhaps it was a certificate for Ninjutsu and perhaps something put together at a fair. I guess you never heard of Photoshop

The things demonstrated were essentially garbage, imho. Exactly the type of crap that will get one of your students hurt in real life should they ever run into a serious attacker.
    Peace,

Dave

quit the drugs,then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    quit the drugs,then we can talk.
    Such a sad and telling response
    Peace,

Dave