Thread: Lee Shing Wing Chun History in his own words

Lee Shing Wing Chun History in his own words

This I believe is the only interview that Lee Shing did and in it he discusses his early training leading up to Ip Man and the early days in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by leeshing View Post
    This I believe is the only interview that Lee Shing did and in it he discusses his early training leading up to Ip Man and the early days in the UK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the interesting article involving interviewing Lee Shing and stating some of his opinions. Without wanting to debate- FWIW somewhat different opinions follow... based on what I have read ad also discussed with others in Lee Shing days. I also have Joseph Cheng's
    writings.

1. Lee Shing drops names like Leung Jan and Ip Man. I don't doubt that he met them but I doubt that he was their direct student. This shows in the way he holds the pole and the bot jam do
    (doing a gan-jam d0). Lee Shing slant body wing chun is quite different from Ip Man wing chun.

2 A friend of mine learned from Lee Shing, and Joseph Cheng among others.

3. A student of Leung Shun -the first HK student of IM was Paul Lam who moved to England after Lee Shing. Paul Lam had polio as a youth and had thin legs but powerful arms. Joseph Cheng challenged Lam but Cheng did not do well.

No offense intended-I respect Lee Shing and Joseph Cheng's own skills.Name dropping for legitimacy is common in wing chun.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 09-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.