Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wing Chun video from Sifu Leo Au Yeung

New Wing Chun video from Sifu Leo Au Yeung

Hi folks, Sifu Leo Au Yeung has made a new wing chun short film. Have a peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_daD9qgQ-s

Any comment appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by A Joyful Proces View Post

Any comment appreciated.
    I cracked up at the overhead shot and the stones. Made me think of the Stonehenge scene in This is Spinal Tap.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by A Joyful Proces View Post

Any comment appreciated.
    Nice visuals! Kind of an odd choice for a soundtrack.

......a good reference to how not to do it me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    You're really on a roll, aren't you Graham!

Because it is not from PB?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You're really on a roll, aren't you Graham!
    Yes Keith! I was going to question your whole outlook on Wing Chun but I didn't feel it necessary to waste my time on it but..................................

BTW I speak for myself not Philipp!

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    Because it is not from PB?
    Nothing to do with PB. Even if I were not a student of Philipp I would still question a lot of stuff that is written on this forum. Why?....because I don't think half of it would work in a real fight. Some of you guys live in dream land and if I had to guess most of you have never been in a real street fight in your lives. The ones that have appreciate how most of the stuff that is generally taught in Wing Chun McDojos is pointless nonsense and only fools the people practicing it into thinking their Wing Chun will work against somebody that doesn't care about style. They just want to rip your f***ing head off.

That's my opinion.

Nothing to do with PB. Even if I were not a student of Philipp I would still question a lot of stuff that is written on this forum. Why?....because I don't think half of it would work in a real fight. Some of you guys live in dream land and if I had to guess most of you have never been in a real street fight in your lives. The ones that have appreciate how most of the stuff that is generally taught in Wing Chun McDojos is pointless nonsense and only fools the people practicing it into thinking their Wing Chun will work against somebody that doesn't care about style. They just want to rip your f***ing head off.

That's my opinion.
    You are no different than any other McDojo. If its not from Philip Bayer, you automatically claim it won't work in real fights, based on nothing but your rumours about street fights and mindless insults to other Wing Chun teachers. I understand your doing your best to promote your branch.

The fact is Mr Au Yeung is one of the teachers out there using his trade to work in other contexts, as you can see on his video where he trains Muay Thai in Thailand, etc.

I fully appreciate Philipp Bayer as a teacher of Wing Chun. However his keyboard warriors collection of students don't do him any favours. Please stick to facts and reality, not so called "real fight" myths.

I fully appreciate Philipp Bayer as a teacher of Wing Chun. However his keyboard warriors collection of students don't do him any favours. Please stick to facts and reality, not so called "real fight" myths

Yeah. I've said this several times already on other threads, but I'll say it again. I don't think PB himself would be happy with the way in which he and his teaching are being represented here. These guys have succeeded in giving PB's lineage a bad name here. Because if his attitude is anything like the guys here that post in his name, I wouldn't want anything to do with him. I don't think I'm the only one that has reached this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I fully appreciate Philipp Bayer as a teacher of Wing Chun. However his keyboard warriors collection of students don't do him any favours. Please stick to facts and reality, not so called "real fight" myths

Yeah. I've said this several times already on other threads, but I'll say it again. I don't think PB himself would be happy with the way in which he and his teaching are being represented here. These guys have succeeded in giving PB's lineage a bad name here. Because if his attitude is anything like the guys here that post in his name, I wouldn't want anything to do with him. I don't think I'm the only one that has reached this conclusion.
    This forum would be much less entertaining without the disagreements that come from having the PB guys here. I also think most people would be disingenuous if they claimed that they have got no ideas from the PB stuff communicated here. It has certainly clarified some of my thoughts about wing chun.

I accept that Graham and others do troll a bit but what do you expect when the reaction is so negative?

That's my opinion.
    Just once, just once i would like someone to back up such a claim with a video of THEIR lineage (you know the real thing) actually working against someone trying to rip their head off, and not some pointless non contact chi sao clips

So far other then endless.... talk we havent seen a single clip of PB wing chun doing anything against someone who can actually fight its fcking amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Just once, just once i would like someone to back up such a claim with a video of THEIR lineage (you know the real thing) actually working against someone trying to rip their head off, and not some pointless non contact chi sao clips

So far other then endless.... talk we havent seen a single clip of PB wing chun doing anything against someone who can actually fight its fcking amazing
    Have we seen a clip of your wing chun against someone who can actually fight? I think I remember a clip of you cuddling some guy in a ring but it looked more friendly than serious. Why does everyone feel the need to demand clips when they haven't provided any of their own?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    This forum would be much less entertaining without the disagreements that come from having the PB guys here. I also think most people would be disingenuous if they claimed that they have got no ideas from the PB stuff communicated here. It has certainly clarified some of my thoughts about wing chun.

I accept that Graham and others do troll a bit but what do you expect when the reaction is so negative?
    Perhaps if the PB guys were less religious and provide more useful feedback we would have more meaningful debate on this forum and perhaps more people out there would post content that could benefit us all. I really see no value in the "myth of the street fight".

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    Perhaps if the PB guys were less religious and provide more useful feedback we would have more meaningful debate on this forum and perhaps more people out there would post content that could benefit us all. I really see no value in the "myth of the street fight".
    You're kidding right ? I tried that route but got nothing but derision.